Congo trip with kidete

Interrating on the CBD to THC synthesis sharing similarity in pathway. There is some very peculiar things happening between the microbes controlling the ferment and the chemical profile, to be able to make the cobs bioavailable theough chewing and eating without the process of decarboxylation. Much to unravel in this yet. The potential in combining other herbs, and fungi into the ferments is limitless :green_heart:

11 Likes

and here I thought I was cool for maybe half-way perusing his ~200 page thread on 420mag :joy:

7 Likes

Have you tried the Rutshuru sativa from northern Congo?

Make sure you watch the strain review on YouTube

18 Likes

A close up video of the Rutshuru buds

https://youtube.com/shorts/XcwxKpedbzo?si=rQG7a-lunswGwjGz

17 Likes

Good video and review. I seemed like you were enjoying that one quite a bit.

9 Likes

@Kidete You rock! :partying_face:

9 Likes

Beautiful work Mike! Really appreciate how thorough you are in breaking down the effects and over duration how the effect develops. Blessed travels on the road man

:green_heart:CoyoteSmoke

11 Likes

Instagram has unexpectedly suspended my account, East Africa Genes.

I’m hoping that they restore it. If not I’ll start posting videos on YouTube and create a new Instagram account

20 Likes

It is good that you have grounded yourself with your website and places like here. Now you won’t have to start completely from scratch.

7 Likes

I was tell you that Mike… good to know that you are ok

9 Likes

Thanks for the update, be safe!

8 Likes

I’m back safely in Nairobi, Kenya :kenya:

Seeds :white_check_mark:

25 Likes

What strains did you find this time @Kidete? I haven’t been fully keeping up with this lately. Will there be more for purchase like last time if there are extras?

4 Likes

I found two strains and I posted reviews on YouTube.

Here’s the link

10 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/XcwxKpedbzo?si=rQG7a-lunswGwjGz

6 Likes

Friggin IG. I can’t imagine why they’d shut down your page. Assholes. Glad you are OK and back home.
Last I’d heard you found a good amount of Rutshuru seeds but not so many of the Masisi. Is that right or did that change?

9 Likes

In regards to fermentation and replication of Black Magic, i think we’ve established that fermentation is key.
However i think each strain produces its own outcome and that if the effect could be replicated with any sativa, it would have been done already. That means this fermentation is strain specific, and that the two Pygmy strains are crucial. I think one or both of these are likely fermented by the Pygmies, but that only one of them gives the super effects when fermented.
@kidete, are both of these fermented or only the Masisi strain?
WooooHoooooo!!! We got at least SOME pygmy seeds coming😁
Depending on the number of seed ( just 30 or 40 Good Masisi seed last I heard) I hope this group decides to continue working together to make sure all of us gets a well rounded amount of genetics.
Ritshuru is said to be the best of Goma, and theres a good amount of seeds. The Masisi was harvested early and most seed was immature last i heard, but @Kidete may have scored more, not sure.

14 Likes

Good to know that you are safe amigo

I’m sure that You let some links there right?

So in the future will be easier get more seeds

6 Likes

I for certain want to grow some of these out. I read just recently in a couple places about how the microbiome of plants, including cannabis, affects them in many ways.

Some of that microbiome is carried with the embryo in the seeds. I want to run these and other more “wild” seeds to breed with mine and share their microbiome. I won’t grow any of these long sativas to smokable bud maturity, but certainly to seed production and cross with autos.

I’ll have to think and read more to decide if it could be a seed increase with auto girls added in the mix, or if I would want the girls to be the landrace sativa. I also have the Beldia landrace sativa autos to play with.

6 Likes

Yes, I made some friends who were helpful in getting me the seeds.

13 Likes