Cookie Factory 🍪

They look great. Do what we have to do to keep things going.

1 Like

Thanks @GPaw and @Old-Ron! Yes, Old-Ron, you do what you need to do when the situation demands it. Having a bunch of plants start flopping and falling over is not the worst thing in the world to deal with, I’m just disappointed that I didn’t plan better and have a trellis is place. Oh well - next time!

So here are the closer shots of the buds:

You can see I have slight burning due to too much Bud Explosion or Candy or Part A or a combo of them. Greenleaf Nutrients provides very little advice on how much of anything to use with the 2 part formula. The feeding schedule on their website is very minimalistic. And since I bought the 2 part formula on the 1st day it was available, there’s been nothing online to research. SO - I cranked up the numbers and tested the limits of what my plants can handle without doing too much damage. I think they’ll be fine.

They look good from here!

16 Likes

Beautiful buds! YOU ARE THE LAB RAT, YOURE BECOMING THE INFORMATION YOU WERE LOOKING FOR! Lol.
In all seriousness glad you took upon yourself to test the unclear! How are you liking that nute line?

1 Like

Thanks, Danny! Yes, I am compiling the info for future reference with a daily log of everything I use.

So I do like the GLN 2 part formula. It’s easy and cheap! When I was doing hydro grows previously, I had tried several brands, but settled on the House & Garden line - that sh!t’s expensive! I’ll probably buy another round of the 2 part formula and tweak my next grow a bit for, hopefully, improved results.

5 Likes

Killer looking buds there. The strain must be special if you’re devoting all your space to it, what’s the lineage? Is it from seeds or clone only?

1 Like

Thanks, @beacher. IMPO, yes, this cookies strain is special. I grew out about 10 different strains in the past year and this one is so far beyond the others in potency and overall appeal. It’s very hearty and, after some adjusting to my organic soil program, very productive for a GSC.

As for the lineage, I can only tell you that the seeds were gifted to me by a breeder and came without any sort of breeder label (they were not his creation). Of all the seeds I grew out (which was all of them, but I forget how many), this was the best plant.

I do plan to cross her with a healthy male or 2 and make the seeds available to our community. I just don’t have any suitors yet (pollen).

10 Likes

Sweet deal, always nice to randomly come across something like that!

1 Like

They look great up close too. Thanks for making your plants the guinea pig to help us all learn something that does not seem to available.

2 Likes

Just wanted to provide an update on the 10 GSCE that I ran in the buckets and using GLN’s 2 Part + Candy & Bud Explosion

10 clones were placed in my cloner for 8 days, then placed in my veg tote for 26 days, then into 12/12. They took 64 days to finish, which is about 5 days shorter than soil. That’s 98 days from cutting the clone to trimming the finished bud.

Those 10 plants were grown under a 600W HPS running on a light mover. I also add CO2 set at 1200 PPM.

The total was a little over 29 ounces. I’m both happy and disappointed. I actually thought I’d average 3 oz/plant, but I can’t complain about my gram/watt ratio :sunglasses:

On my next run using the GLN 2 Part, I will only use the Bud Explosion and not use the Candy. Also, I won’t be so heavy handed on the Part A for as long as I was this time. I know I burned the plants, but they still did well AND I learned I can use less. I have the next batch of GSCE clones almost ready, so stay tuned for that grow to be updated in the near future.

12 Likes

Look at these 5 GSCE plants :eyes:

They look decent, don’t you think?

They are, in fact, just one plant! And I don’t think it’s the biggest one of the 4 that I’m harvesting. I think the biggest one was partially taken down yesterday, but it was too big to harvest in one session.

IMHO, size without quality is pointless. I think the quality is pretty impressive, so I’m happy with these results.

These are probably the biggest plants I’ve grown in a hydro set up. I love playing in the dirt, but the convenience and results of hydro are hard to beat (compared to soil - I’ve never grown in coco).

22 Likes

Wow, those look amazing, great job!!! :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks @nefrella! But it’s not “those” it’s “that”. It’s only one plant!

5 Likes

Mmmmm…more cookies…with EXTRA SUGAR!

18 Likes

I’ve been contemplating putting some cookies down. Just went through this thread, now I’m definitely going to pop dem cookies! I like the extra sugar on mine too.

2 Likes

Gettin’ ready to start the flush and wanted to grab a couple of pics before the lights came on. Unfortunately, I was too late and the lights were already on, so I took pics of a lower bud that wasn’t drenched in the red hue of the HPS. Looks pretty good, don’t you think?
:star_struck:

15 Likes

Here’s a yummy batch about to come out of the :cookie: :factory:

16 Likes

Beautiful grow

1 Like

You are the man! That is impressive! I bet the smell is fantastic! Great grow buddy!

1 Like

You know. If I find just one of the tester beans you’re sending that is just 10% like the ones you have up there :point_up_2:!!

I’m gonna keep that mom for maaaany years to come !!!

3 Likes

Those are sooooo frosty! Wow!

3 Likes