"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

I don’t really have to say anything other then that GSC doesn’t have a lot of medical quality and that’s that. I’ve always been fascinated with the phenos. It does have some great properties and I believe that it’s possible to enhance it further, like increase the actual chemovar production within the trichome heads. Now the heads are mainly not filled with stuff that get you high, but there are a lot of cultivars out there with the same type of trichome phenotype which does produce high chemovar within the trichome head.

This is some of material I’ve found on the subject of what it contains.
“Cherry Pie Kush is the original Cherry Pie and Cookies. Rumored to be a cross of multiple lines including Durban Poison, Chemdog and Paki Chitral Kush, the Cherry Pie Kush is a creation by George, who has chosen to remain out of the limelight. Originally from the East Coast, George brought old school gas and potency to the Emerald Triangle and amongst his projects was a clone-only called CPK or Cherry Pie Kush. Only a small circle of farmers hold this cut in the Emerald Triangle. Despite being one of the most exotic cuts to hit the scene in the past decade, the Cherry Pie Kush has a tendency to seed itself when the room is not perfectly dialed. This cut is a measuring stick for how well a grower grows. The story goes, one of the indoor rooms of Cherry Pie Kush had light leaks and the grower accidentally created some bagseeds. These bagseeds were selected by budtenders in San Francisco. These seeds were rebranded to Cherry Pie and Cookies and credit was taken from George.”

This is why GGG put so much effort into BXing Cherry Pie Kush. It’s the source of the most popular weed of all time!

Here is a good podcast that might enlighten you further about the cookies and F1 Durb and what it is.

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

Unsurprisingly that’s not actually true lol, you can drink without getting drunk.

95% of what I drink isn’t alcoholic.
When I do drink I’m not interested in what % it is, I was when I was a kid and just wanted to drink the most alcohol lol.

I understand absolutely from a medical perspective that potency is necessary and high priority (pun intended) but the majority of cannabis sold around the world is recreational, so potency isn’t be all and end all of a variety,

That’s totally fair, I wasn’t saying people were wrong for wanting that, just pointing out another perspective on it.

And again like I said, I’m not defending cookies :laughing:

:v:

9 Likes

I really miss White Russian. I grew Simon’s gear almost exclusively back in the day. She had an amazing lemon smell and taste. Very different from the Widow, but he nailed the frost factor.

8 Likes

The Weed I smoked had pale lime green Nugget buds with these dark green chunks it reminded reminded me of a chocolate chip cookie and the smell was a RawChocolate chip cookie dough with a slight very slight touch of peppermint on the exhale.Very Very happy laughy buzz reminded me of my favorite mexican brick back in the day

2 Likes

I think @HolyAngel and @SonsOfAvery both bring up very good points. What is the reason you smoke? For some, it’s strictly recreational. For others, it’s medical/recreational. I’m strictly recreational and my wife is medical/recreational. My tastes are very different from hers.

Also, lets be honest. Potency is definitely a factor for bragging rights when sharing, no matter what your preference is.

6 Likes

This is gassy lemon reminds me of highschool :joy:

1 Like

Serious Seeds 2003 White Russian is probably my favorite smoke of all time.That shit caused white outs and turned nights into a foggy Murky Episode of debauchery.It was glorious. what i would do to get some beans of that one.When someone pulled out the Pop bottle Gravity bong and some of that stuff someone was going down.

1 Like

Here’s a picture of the F1 Durb cut:

Here’s a picture of Cookie fams Cherry Pie which is suppose to be GDP x F1 Durb bagseed:

Here’s a picture of Ace Seeds Violeta which is PCK x (Malawi x PCK):

As you can see, using some sativas to backcross to a kush type drives the enlarged bracts phenotype. This can be found and done over and over with a wide array of cultivars. This phenotype is the main reason why cookies are so compact.

18 Likes

Nobody who loves pizza would say that…

15 Likes

Recently I grew something with Gelato genetics and said, “It’s too medicinal for me.” Oddly enough, I found that’s the jar I kept returning to!:rofl:

2 Likes

I smoke to get buzzed (and to sleep all night with my prostate), but there’s nothing I hate more than having to light up every 30 minutes. Consequently, I end up smoking too much. And you’re right - smoking two or three bowls is just too much.

3 Likes

i’ve had white widow back in the day as the first dwc run i did and dialed it in. it was three hit shit and made the best edibles i’ve ever had from fan leaves and trimmings. sounds like some of the folks talking about the cookies in this thread.

i actually read somewhere that you can die from food boredom or some shit, eating the same thing every day for years. i thought it was bullshit but who knows?

3 Likes

What’s your point.

point is i loved white widow and thought it was the best shit ever, i’ve rarely had better but have a few times. hard to say now though so i can’t continue to compare. i was just making the comparison to cookies today and how it may depend highly on who or what is crossed in with it. i may have had some crosses of something with white widow and didn’t know it. just pondering and made a comment.

didn’t want to type all that out and maybe should have. oh well.

1 Like

My post.

Your post.

:hammer_and_pick: :paperclip:

The old ww breeders cut selected by Ingemar is the REAL deal dope weed, forever etched into my brain and I hope that I some day can get my hands on it. It’s one sativa leaning goddess! So I totally understand, cookies doesn’t even come close to it and if I had to choose between the two, to smoke forever. The ww breeders cut would win hands down every time of the day.

4 Likes

If I had to smoke the same strain forever , I’d rather give it up lol
: )

8 Likes

I’m running that Ace Violeta outside now. She’s a monster. Not flowering yet like my oreoz which has me a tad concerned. We’ll see tho

2 Likes

I see zero South African influence in that plant. Even a cross. Looks way more like Bubba Kush IMO.

It’s possible it’s just mislabelled. There’s a popular “Durban” cut in Colorado that I also doubt has any appreciable amount of South African lineage.

3 Likes