"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

The enlarged bracts is a hybrid trait. So there is sativa in there. As I said, this expression can show up in A LOT of cultivars, but it’s always the same combo. A small portion of sativa with layers of indica on top.

Since we know F1 Durb is in fact a Cherry Pie Kush S1 or some kind of hybrid, but atleast that it Originated from CPK. It had to be knocked into a OG type, which also the stories surrounding cookies tell us. Take a look at this example.

Headbanger, sour diesel(Simplified: kush x (Sativa x kush)) with the enlarged bracts trait knocked into a kush type.
https://www.greendotlabs.com/media/Headbanger-Z3.jpg

This is the thin mint cut which follows the same formula.

Hehe, you might think I’m mad. But when you have worked with knocking plats into each other for a while, patterns emerge. Plants don’t lie, people do.

What I’m trying to convey to you all, is that cookies have some awesome traits. Traits that sells. But it’s possible for all of you to start to mimic these traits with other originators and come up with a lot better results then the cookie fam have been able to. This is especially important to the youngsters here among us, who seem to think that cookie is some type of magical plant. It’s not…

Pz :v:t2:

13 Likes

A lot of Kush’s already have the enlarged bracht’s though. No sativa’s necessary. TK has the enlarged bracht’s for instance.

Cookies is just inbred Kush.

“Traits that sells” aka bred for bag appeal :white_check_mark: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

“What’s best for me business wise as an LP is something that yields real heavy and finishes really fast so that’s what you’re going to like.”

3 Likes

That is why you never see certain things from large producers

3 Likes

Haha yeah, but kush doesn’t have the same degree of enlarged bracts as some of the cookie stuff. But yeah I totally agree, the cookie pheno is a more extreme version of the Kush. But it seems to me like kush can’t get there by its own, it needs a out cross to get there.

2 Likes

I knew two guys who claimed to hold that cherry pie hybrid from a guy “on the hill” back out west. Both of them disappeared, but the cherry pie kush does certainly exist it seems.

3 Likes

So I just flew to Colorado last night. I noticed a dispensary next to my hotel that opened early, so I just popped in. I asked for a disposable live resin vape and was presented with three options: Wedding Cake, Gelato, and Cake Crashers - labelled Indica, hybrid, and sativa respectively. I exclaimed, “but those are all Cookies crosses!” My lament fell on deaf ears… I walked out with the Cake Crashers. About $50 for a 1g cart out the door.

15 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of legal weed. We now have hundreds of different cookie varieties to choose from but not much else.

10 Likes

My live resin carts are 20 with tax. I think it is the disposable part which may cost more. The 510 batteries are usually $10-15. Mine has lasted me a year now and I have the benefit of taking multiple carts with me if I want to without being bulky.

2 Likes

I don’t accept that bract size is a hybrid, or broadleaf, or narrowleaf trait specifically. I actually think indica vs sativa is a false dichotomy but that’s another debate.

Iunno man, I dabble in growing and breeding myself, I just don’t see it. Kinda feels like bro science.

3 Likes

There are good and terrible dispensaries in Colorado. I can’t remember which is which, but next time spend some time looking around and you’ll probably find something halfway decent.

1 Like

I’m certain of that :grin: I’m relying on public transportation and have a somewhat tight schedule so I figured I’d grab something while it was convenient (across the parking lot from my hotel, it was called LivWell, iirc). We are now at our downtown hotel. I stayed by the airport last night since I got in from the Midwest around midnight and my girlfriend didn’t arrive until this morning from Toronto. We are meeting friends for a 4:20 tour of Meow Wolf!

@CocoaCoir I could have brought a battery from home, but wanted the convenience of the disposal. I rarely use a vape at home, besides my dry herb devices - a Volcano which I’ve had for a month, and an Arizer Solo II I’ve had for years, both of which I absolutely love.

To keep this relevant to Cookies discussion, I grew Gelato Hashplant a few times. It was so easy to grow and trim. The buds looked great and it had that pleasant baked goods aroma, but it only got you high for an hour…

3 Likes

i had some blueberry that was going around my area about '07 or '08. smelled great, looked fantastic, got you high as hell and then went away after about a half hour.

LMAO, you don’t have to accept anything. That’s the best thing with a democracy. But if you want to continue the discussion or make a point, maybe you should come up with an argument or examples. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think we should all cook @vernal a pudding.

My son lived there until a couple of weeks ago. I asked him for advice and he said:

It’s truly a search. It depends on what each place carries and the latest shipments. Although WolfPac and Callie something (used to be called Botanico) are two relatively reliable outlets.

WolfPac is also a common carrier of cookies’ brands and other hype genetics, which could even be a gsc cross, which someone would say it’s cookies when “old cookies” is different than what most think of when they say cookies now.

The best peanut butter breath and slurricane I tried was from them though.

Ooooooh and funyunz if he sees that it’s a VERY oniony/buttery cultivar.

1 Like

My buddy made a documentary about a guy who really loves pizza:

maybe available from your local library

8 Likes

Is that the guy in new York that started hitting all the little mom and pop joints making social media videos?

4 Likes

https://blackcannabismagazine.com/seed-junky-sues-berner-and-cookies-for-breach-of-contract/amp/

1 Like

i was told by homegrowers that oreoz had cardboard terps. just tried it for the first time last night and it legitimately tastes like oreo cookies soaked in milk. it sure looks like it extracts well, never seen it available in extract form though.

the gary payton hybrids are everywhere here now, they seem to put out some really nice blends in effect (some very medicinal) but that is the one that i would say has the bland terp profile.

dispo down the street from me is probably the 2nd best or best in portland. owners are chill, staff are too, suppliers seem to love them as well. sure, the majority of customers i see in there seem clueless, but the staff arent theyre just young and they learn quick.

5 Likes