"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

I’ve never been able to get my head around GSC being related to OG. It’s just so different in almost every way.

2 Likes

FloRida OG = bagseed Berner found in bud from Flo Rida, that wasn’t really OG.
If they struck gold once why not try again.
Obviously just a random theory with no evidence.

Does anyone know the rumor on what The Y is? I’m curious where the CBD genetics came from.

2 Likes

Didn’t Berner only have the Thin Mints? The Forum cut is someone else right? That’s what I’m trying to figure out

2 Likes

when i got the cuts, it was the thin mint aka forum and the “berners” or original cookies. the thin mints was supposed to be a bagseed of a cookies bag. i personally preferred it. but neither stood up to a decent og or chem.

3 Likes

So you got to grow both cuts next to each other? I know a lot of people say it’s the same cutting but it seems very different to me. Although I’ve never grown the thin mints. Just smoked it and it’s hybrids a shit ton

2 Likes

i did! and not just a plant or 2, but dozens of each. its def not the same cutting. at least when i got it, the thin mints grew a lot faster in veg. and also yielded notably better. but i wont lie the one we called “berners”(mostly as a joke lol) for sure had more flavor. it was one of those plants i hated until the brokers were willing to spend triple on it based on the insane nose and bag appeal.

8 Likes

The Y is almost certainly Y Griega, which is Amnesia Haze x Kali Mist from Medical Seeds, which I have heard called “The Y” in NYC when it was around years ago with delivery services, but it might be the Y Griega CBD that they did in collaboration with CBD Crew. I remember reading posts from the early 2010s where Y Griega and Satori from Mandala Seeds were commonly named as some of the highest THC cultivars around, hitting close or at 30% TAC

“This plant is the result of our collaboration with CBD Crew. By crossing our mother and Greek cross on one floor high in CBD and very little THC, have achieved the following stabilization to give the plant the ratio 1: 1 (THC: CBD). The levels can vary from 4 to 10, always with the ratio 1: 1 present”

4 Likes

I’ve run a lot of S1s of most cookie stuff and 90% of the phenos are always different kush phenos. It’s also the reason why they are bottlenecking the cookie genetics with knocking it into different kushes or cookies, it’s inbreeding. This is a huge tell tell sign of what make up are in the original genetics. There are OG, but it’s also something else that it enhancing the traits and phenos of the Kush plants.

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Flo Ridah OG is not a bagseed Berner found. It’s a sister cut to Triangle kush and was grown by multiple growers in mendo during the OG craze in LA. At the time, the cut was only known as OG, the name came later when the growers tried to figure out what they got based of provenance. One of those growers are Notso.

2 Likes

Yes this is correct!

@zephyr Wow, it’s amazing that you saved pics of that plant. Yes, atleast based on the pics and the pics I’ve seen of F1 Durb, they are close but still too different for me to preach that they would be the same. It’s interesting that you talk about that type of high, since it doesn’t translate in the cookies we got today. It feels like the plant you had was a better Purple Punch type, where the terps and the high are both high.

Super interesting to hear you story, it’s one of the most logical reasoning about what happend I’ve seen for a very long time. I hope I can bug you with more questions in the future, I think that as a breeder, it’s super important to understand history of how building block came together. So collecting this information and cipher through it, will not only help all the breeders with potential here on OG, but also the breeders of the future who have potential.

3 Likes

It’s wild when I go visit home in nor cal nobody is there, all lost to drugs and what not. I don’t think there’s been a real weed culture there for maybe 15 years.

2 Likes

Most cultures, you have to be invited to, especially when the core of the culture feels they are being threatened by outsiders, trying to capitalise out of it.

1 Like

The description of high profile doesn’t exactly transfer to Gary Payton but bud structure resembles it a bit. GP definitely isn’t an electric or potent type buzz but it’s a long lasting mellow centered effect, doesn’t lift you up or put you down, which I need when I’m working long hours into the night.

Zkittles x Gary Payton could be an interesting one, since flavor seems super dominant in Z but definitely lacks in GP. They’re experimenting with it a lot out here right now so if there’s Y Greiga in there it’ll come out in some hybrid.

1 Like

Or they all got hooked on meth.

4 Likes

@shade Where I live in Sweden, is where most buds are produced in this country. It’s very desolate part of the country, houses cost from 20-30k and we got the best electrical grid in the world and the electricity is super cheap. You will never ever ever ever met someone talking about it and even if you talk about it yourself, people won’t open up. You will only be a part of the culture we have here if you are on the inside and bring others to it, chosen people.

You are obviously not on the inside of the culture in that part of USA, so if I where you. I would not speak so loudly about your thoughts of these people. Because it might happen that because of how you behave, you will never even have a chance of being invited to the inside. Be smart my friend.

We know that there still are a great deal of activity in the Emerald Triangle. But it’s down to core groups that are very sealed of because of the high influx of people who want to get a quick buck out of cannabis.

4 Likes

I was born there I don’t need to be invited anywhere. Go take a drive through the northern counties of Cali and southern counties or Oregon and tell me that’s a place you want to be invited to live in. It’s not the clean safe place Sweden is, and the people there are not inherently good or kind or anything. It’s mainly Mexicans and drug addicts and that’s about it.

3 Likes

You obviously have never been in Sweden :grin: It’s not what you think. We got the highest rate drug overdoses in all of Europe. We are the center of European tax frauds and we have huge gangwars that are just like Compton in the 80s, 13-14 year olds shooting each other daily on the streets because they won’t get a punishment in Sweden if you are under 15.

Yes, i understand that USA is falling apart aswell and I understand that you have huge issues. But that is something that close these core cultures off even more.

We should stop going off topic.

3 Likes

All I’m saying is those people who you are looking for in nor cal are probably no longer there, and you might spend a lifetime trying to get invited to a secret club of growers who no longer exist.

4 Likes

The USA is not falling apart , lets just make that real clear !!!

5 Likes

bro, no offense. but youve never been to cali. only grown S1s of an unverified cut. and are telling people from here how the culture is? thats nutty in so many ways. ive grown plenty of real TK crosses. theres 0% chance TK influence is in cookies. you may have ran some fakeass S1s. but thats not reality.

as for "circles’ i had one of the biggest hash brands in the state, on top of growing. did every weed cup for years. theres no getting invited. you get street cred flipping tons of weight. you are literally talking on things you know nothing about. please stop pushing all this bad info. its the last thing weed needs. strong opinions and judgements with absolutely nothing to back it.

and before you say anything about sweden. i had a swedish trimmer live at my house for 6 months. and i can say for sure. anything she learned about weed she learned out here. and back in europe, those trimmers wouldnt even talk about seeing weed. let alone 1000s of lbs

4 Likes