"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

So true… just like down here in FL everyone and their brother has the connection for the “original” TK I’ve heard so much bs and misinformation spread in this industry it’s sad y’all.

Knowledge is power it’ll only be harder to know what’s real and what’s not and what’s true and what’s not in this digital age we live in.

I miss the days that names were actually related to the genetic makeup and not sometimes just slapped on there Willy nilly.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think the Thin Mints is a hybrid of GSC Forum cut and something else. After looking at a lot of S1 Gelato’s and Sherbet side by side with the forum cut. And taking the Pink Panties / Burmese side into account there is still something else in there that is hard to identify. It’s what gives the Sherb’s and Gelato’s the higher yields. My reasoning is simply that the original Forum GSC cut was lower yielding and more potent than any Thin Mint Cookies cuts or hybrids. I’m still stumped on how OGKB fits into the equation but I think the answer is to S1 and S2 the OGKB and start looking down the line to see what’s in there.

Flo Rida was a rapper. I’ll let you all speculate on the rest but thats where the spelling came from

2 Likes

In my hood thin mints meant knockoff cookies since real cookies didn’t sell without the name attached it was considered domestic reggie without the name. Most naming conventions are inside jokes on the end user.

1 Like

OH! See, that’s helpful knowledge right there. My bad then ^^

1 Like

Trust me people used to just call whatever dank any ol’ thing lol. You got a name half the time, and a good chunk of that time it was made up or called a more recognizable name for sales purposes. “white widow” “jack hair-er” “blueberry yum yum” “northern lights” “sour diesel” etc etc.

6 Likes

And murky strain origin stories have also been around a long time… Romulan being one example.

2 Likes

Take it with a grain of salt my memory is definitely not perfect. I really struggle to place some things in their appropriate time period, always information that was not important to me personally though, like names of strains and pop culture etc

1 Like

“She got those baggy sweatpants and the Reeboks with the strap” damn I forgot how Flo Rida was everywhere on the radio and club in the mid aughts:

8 Likes

Such an old boom bap head I thought that “…boots with the furr…” was Nellie. Good looking out OG.

2 Likes

This is the story as told by Alan Adkisson in a podcast interview with Keel Cane and Boston Bakedbeanz:

And there seems to be consensus among lots of folks from NorCal that George came from Philadelphia (the “east coast connection”) and brought a PCK with him for breeding, maybe @Wuachuma can pop in and confirm that? He has mentioned meeting Crystal George and others in his time around Laytonville and Willits:

4 Likes

riot and notso double down on theories a lot. and they usually dont add up in any way. it seems like stirring up internet drama is the real main goal vs finding answers. i was in the santa cruz commercial scene when it first came out, and the consensus was 100% is was cherry pie x ak. but they switched up the story to the durb bs so people wouldnt recreate it. cant verify it, but cherry pie x ak makes a lot more sense than durb

3 Likes

I think Durban was more marketable at the time for sure, AK crosses were everywhere for good reason and the current generation in America hadnt experienced DP but Greenhouse and others were getting a lot of hype for “strain hunting” in Africa back then (iirc).

1 Like

Most stellar quote i can do ^^

2 Likes

Definitely not AK x Cherry Pie, anyone know have grow it knows, that’s not it. GSC is a Kush type and have no sign of AK Phenos or traits.

People lie, plants doesn’t.

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

This seems plausible but the missing link is where the OG comes into the picture, because we all knows that there is OG in GSC. It makes me wonder why there are so much OG in GSC if there is no OG in it? Maybe the PCK wasn’t a PCK, maybe it was some sort of OG mixed with PCK, and where did the F1 Durb cut come from? It does exist? It does have all the traits you would see in a ancestor of GSC and Cherry Pie.

So many questions :laughing:

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

the story makes some sense with cherry pie, durban, og, and grandaddy purple all being mentioned as parts of the genetics.

Like I said, there may have been multiple generations of herm pollinations as they grew out the bagseeds alongside those same cuts, which makes things pretty messy. They may not have known the exact lineages with multiple plants herming at the same time, only which cuts hermed and dropped pollen.

Other than that, I couldn’t really guess how they fit together.

At the time I did compare it to red wine because of the complexity of the smell. (At that point, the terpene profile was very nuanced and rich compared to some of the popular cuts like trainwreck’s pure limonene terpene profile, or jack herer’s strong terpinolene scent.)

In terms of the smell, I described the durban pie as raisiny grape fuit notes similar to GDP, chocolate, mint, and nasty dankness.

If we’re getting into wine terms, a lot of these smells are notes that can be found in red wine. I would say the “nasty dankness” was a stronger version of what people describe as “barnyard aroma” in red wine.

Here are some old pictures of an s1 of the durban pie. This was my last pure durban pie s1 seed grown in 2015. it was a really nice plant, the high from this pheno was amazing.

I think you can see the resemblance to cookies, as well as influences of the cherry pie, gdp, and a hint of og in the large calyxes and 3 blade resinous guard leaves.

girl scout cookies s1’s also have a lot of mutations, like this weird leaf-

bud-

15 Likes

epilogue- (lol)

As far as I know the durban pie doesn’t exist anymore. I have it only as a hybrid outcross called surfin blue durban.
(durban pie x surf’s up) x blueberry hashplant
it does really well outdoor here, it yields well, doesn’t get bud rot, and sometimes finishes dark purple. the psychoactive high is very strong. Some of my friends grow it every year and love it.

But to me personally, it doesn’t capture the magic of the parent strains because it just doesn’t work for my medical needs.

8 Likes

ive grown several dozen ogs commercially. as well as cookies. it is not a kush type lol. not saying i know, but your theories on saying its kush shows youve not grown very much kush.

1 Like

I don’t know or even think that, to be honest I think people assume OGK genetics too often

3 Likes