"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

Lol that’s my whole point. The person I replied to said it was hard to find gear without cookies in it. I was naming breeders who don’t use cookies off the dome.

If I had a reason to look for more breeders that don’t work with cookies, I garuntee I could find many more. What cow have they milked dry? None of them “breeded” with cookies beyond a one off cross or two.If you want to make it about some other bs in defense of cookies, you can have it. I don’t care what people smoke, I just want them to know there’s other gear out there.

2 Likes

The cow i was talking about is the GSC-hype-train, and there is no point to be agressive with me it’s just about the density of GSC cross in a given total of releases.

I personally make a big difference between :

• a breeder that want to make his own “ultimate cookie hybrid”, an approach that i find totally legit considering the popularity of this weed.
  • a breeder that do it with a shotgun, milking the cow the most he can.

So i will name only one in the pack you listed and that have a productive shotgun, for your pleasure : Without counting the test-line, freebies of all sort etc … CSI have almost a dozen of lines made around the cow. The guy is cool in bonus, why the fuck making it a cookie-gate lol

Is it a bad thing ? I don’t care. Is these numerous hybrids in the catalog a legit proof that the label is bad ? Hell no.

But presenting this label (like all others) as equal than FDM or Star Blue that never milked the cow isn’t fair. Just this ^^

6 Likes

That’s fair, I never saw that part of CSI’s menus.

1 Like

Same happened with me and a Grape Pupil V2. Balled in the last 3rd of flowering

2 Likes

Damn. The v2 is a pretty good one. I ran that, but pulled a week early to make some room. It was still pretty good, but I’m gonna work with some different gear.

This has been the Summer of Herm for me. Eight landrace specimens, two plants I experimented on by moving them outside (from 12/12 to 13.5) to finish, and possibly a Bahia, though I won’t be sure until they wake up and I take a closer look.

Oh yeah, and another cross I was testing that seeded my early summer crop. Can’t forget that one.

4 Likes

I was excited to work with this. I tried, twice. I knew it was a risk but what are you gonna do. At least they showed in veg so it didn’t burn too much time for me.

1 Like
  1. healthy plants
  2. strong smoke
  3. everything else

cookies really was like xanax in weed form. that was the popular drug at the time. now everyone wants heavy narcotic highs again, the real strong stuff like thai haze and tk. look at what drugs are currently sweeping the nation (the most potent forms of opiods and amphetamines usa streets have ever seen).
im all for people using weed instead of other drugs, its worked for me since i was 20. but thats likely a huge factor in what people seek out in bud form. people are dealing with the same problems just using less or more healthy ways of coping.

5 Likes

It turned out to just be a male, but I murdered it anyway. I keep a clone in case I need pollen later.

1 Like

It’s an interesting angle, a new one for me.
Here it’s more an economical approach in general, people seeking strong stuff to just have to smoke less.

3 Likes

370 posts… definitely seems like a popular topic.

GSC is pretty weak like many have mentioned above, I don’t even think it tastes or smells that good. My 2 main experiences were growing it up in Trinity in commercial quantities in 2015. First was a light dep run, we had 4 greenhouses 2 with GSC and 2 with the Lemon Larry OG cut. The smell of the Lemon Larry overpowered the GSC in the GSC hoops which should be impossible. That LLOG cut it epic though.

That same season we ran a bunch outdoor(full season) along with multiple other varieties and come harvest time when all the taste testing was going on I remember very rarely reaching for the GSC turkey bag. This is before I knew of “cookie hate” so I had nothing influencing my choice not to smoke it other than it fell flat in my opinion and was kind of “nothing weed”.

I’ve grown the Cherry Pie clone out and that bitch loves to herm so no doubt “she’s” in the mix somewhere.

I tried once to listen to Burner rap, faark it was horrible :-1:t4:

16 Likes

Herojuanas peak popularity was probably also the peak of the OxyContin pill mills in the USA, im sure you could find tons of examples like that.

Also you’re right definitely economics. Cookies also had the benefit of rising in popularity during a time of economic expansion in the US.

It was also a time when doctors were afraid to write prescriptions for the first time maybe ever, and a short lasting high was less of a concern in terms of harm reduction as well. If you went to a doctor for pain or anxiety in a legal state they’d increasingly just tell you to go to the weed store to avoid any possibility of writing scheduled prescriptions to the wrong person.

Maybe Berner or cookies people saw the trends and rode them or maybe it just all happened naturally (larger macro factors).

3 Likes

I understand more some statements on potency that look weird from here, now. It’s a whole equation.

2 Likes

Short high = more money

3 Likes

It’s totally the reverse here ^^ Long lasting & strong = luxury, the highest price per gram, and almost out of stock all the year.

update : hell i’ve to let understand the context to make it clearer. At one point of potency the weed don’t have any value just because the very easy access of all type of imported hash, for equal prices or even less.

3 Likes

I meant shorter high means more money for the seller.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great point as most people who enjoy recreational weed are perfectly fine smoking mids/regs and don’t often have the drive to experience more

3 Likes

It’s what i understand the less i think. In this condition and with a potent weed, you just need a couple of toke and you’re ok. You’re not only ok actually for me, you’re also in the group of the luckiest stoners of the world lol

3 Likes

That’s 100% forsure I want my bud potent and strong, I want the smell to hit me in the face like an anvil. Give me weed that’s dripping in potency and terps! I want a jar of bud that when you unscrew the lid someone on the other side of the wall catches a stone!!

4 Likes