"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

Haha well hopefully they really bring the room together or something

1 Like

What is an “F1” Durb? Anyone got pictures? There is clearly no South African landrace genetics in Girl Scout Cookies.

Durban? An F1 cross of what? I honestly don’t believe it exists. I am fairly sure it’s just a bunch of bagseeds they created a lineage for after the fact. Berner isn’t even a grower.

9 Likes

I would disagree. I can feel the edgy crispy chicken tenderness of the durban. I smoked durban poison for like 6 months stragight and most of its crosses are hella lame and dont really pull the effects over like with other strains that would be more noticable.

1 Like

Yeah purple punch has always been mids. Not potent. Brings down the potency of whatever it’s crossed to. I haven’t tried the truffles yet. Tried way too many cookies crosses though.

3 Likes

That’s what makes up mimosa right? Smoked that one and seemed pretty much the same as cookies to me with a different smell.

3 Likes

Yeah clementine x purple punch

2 Likes

That’s all I’ve got with Forum Cut is hybrids. Cookies, the gelatos, runtz to an extent. I keep a decent “no grow” list.

Illinois has Cookies probably like half of what you can get now. Before it was more 80% was all hype designer cookies or desert stuff.

3 Likes

Just a thought here. Cookie and all her various other crosses is here to stay for one simple reason…… they do well in trim machines. It’s a dream come true for large producers.
I think every strain has good and bad phenos out there. The grower also has a lot to do with end quality

9 Likes

I was about to say it’s here to stay cause big canna loves it for just selling and they love a good circle jerk.

5 Likes

“Looks dank even if we grow it and dry it like shit and they have to keep smoking it more than the other stuff? Fill the shelves. Hello, fellow youths. We’ve teamed up with the rapper Berner and ‘his’ award winning strain that checks all the boxes blah blah” - Cresco

5 Likes

The irony of this being my ad right at the bottom of this thread. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

As I understand it, this is where they get tricky. Apparently “F1” is another cultivar they have in what is ultimately a three-way cross, and they have never disclosed what it is.

I have heard Caleb/Inspecta speculate that it could be Deep Chunk - again, speculate is the operative term here.

3 Likes

I kinda want a “Weed Drama” thread. You’ve reminded me I have so many questions about Ethos to ask people that have been growin’ longer than I have.

2 Likes

My WC WILL light your ass up , so will Mac 1

So will Lost Cap ( Mac1x OGAH )

Not in legal state , so my Cookie exposure has been limited and I what I have grown of it .

So

Mac1 is awesome
Wedding Cake is awesome
Lost Cap is awesome
Cereal Milk is @HolyAngel perfect description of Cookies she looked the part , that was all

3,of 4 Cookie that I HAVE GROWN have been excellent .

Berner is a giant pos , zero respect for him .

11 Likes

I say they’re all mids :stuck_out_tongue:
Tasty, but still mids.

Idk about the lost crosses but ive had wedding cake and mac1 a bunch of times from multiple growers, dispensaries, and the street and none would be top shelf to me. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

MAC is alright for a dispo pickup. I’ve had it in various forms as PTSD med, it’s alright. Def would grow this out of all the cookies stuff. IMO Wedding Cake is just breeding more into look and for casual dispo smokers and for big canna. It’s my opinion on a lot of the desert stuff. It’s breeding away from actually quality smoke and more to that massed produced same old same old.

2 Likes

Look at extracts. How often do things that come out dark amber alllll the time end up as anything but pre-decarbed FSHO or RSO etc.? We know the good good isn’t highlighter yellow.

2 Likes

IME a lot of the cookies genetics are like girls with fake butts and perfume - look and smell great from a distance really arent that great a lay.

With rise of instagram “bag appeal” became more important than a lot of other stuff, so cookies variants proliferated. Now as a consumer you get the cookies “version” of something instead if the actual thing. Imagine if all the dogs were “doodles” variants.

I’d rather have regular chemdog over GMO 10/10 times. The creamy gelatos are very good tho.

9 Likes

How did you determine it had a soapy taste if it never made it past veg?

3 Likes

Stem rub. Revolting.

2 Likes