"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

i dont know what everyone else had access to in clone form back then but i was very happy to ditch the blue blahblah for gsc :joy: just after that got into the socal og cuts, wish those were kept in circulation more.

@vernal I have not seen pictures but my buddy is sending me F1 durb x Chimera 3. F1 durb or a clone of it exists, Katsu has it for example. I don’t claim to know its lineage or veracity 100% but I do believe it exists.

4 Likes

https://www.badd.news/?ref=8

This is my affiliate link to his reversal lineup. If you go to “Victory Lap” (no pictures, sorry) you can see that he did create what he says is F1 Durb x Chimera 3.

I had never grown anything cookies… till I was gifted Cap Junky. I was at a point where I was learning a new setup… and failing. CJ was one of 4 cuts gifted, and the only remaining.

I don’t need the most powerful smoke out there, it all has a place/use for me. So for the time being a cookie strain has a place in my rotation. But I can see getting bored with it at some point honestly.

I was camping up in Maine last Oct, I stopped in a recreational dispensary and they had a few offerings I had heard of. One being MAC 1… I was heavily disappointed. Dry tasteless buds and the buzz wasn’t there. To this day MAC doesn’t hold much appeal to me, perhaps if I had a well grown legit bud I would change my mind.

I seem to remember reading some have issues with breeding with it?

BTW… I don’t know who this Berner dude is, and DGAF.

3 Likes

Awful convenient wouldn’t you say…I think it’s because they don’t know themselves. Bagseeds. Which isn’t a bad thing, but I think they sorta just made up the lineage. Dutch breeders do it too. Soma for example.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree that they are being dishonest about its lineage and “F1 Durb” is the best label we are gonna get.

1 Like

f1 durb is probably durban x bubba. i know people say theres no bubba in gsc but theres a hint of it in there imo.

that new rec dispo shit in oregon is resinous and flavorful. not bashing anyones grows just about as neutral as it gets. when quality goes up i take notice. this is $200/oz stuff out here at the storefronts now.

mac daddy (mac1 x gdp). hits like mac 1 then 20mins later knocks you out like a light. legitimate medical applications for insomnia, seems almost like it was bred for it. sticky, clean, flavorful smells like freezeland but with extra scando flavors, tastes like a hashplant, incense smoke like afghan hash.

rocky mountain moonshine. pretty sure this one is full organic. these are not dry tasteless buds, these same farms a month ago were putting out that typical stuff now somethings changed.

7 Likes

Not going to really comment on Berner / the company since its already been said at length in thread. None of the stock the company carries interests me so I ignore it, and don’t plan on buying any of their seeds in the future since I don’t want to support their business and how they are shaping the cannabis industry/legalization.

I do enjoy a few Cookies crosses from other breeders, though their overemphasis in modern cannabis breeding (like other popular strains that came before it to some degree) is frustrating for someone who is interested more in the chemotypes mostly found in landrace Sativas.

That being said…I am growing a few cookies crosses this year (Wedding Cake x PCK, Synthesis, Terp Squirt, Tropical Fuel x Sour Bubble), most excited about the Synthesis and Tropical Fuel x Sour Bubble. I know the terpene expressions on some of these will be beautiful and make nice rosin but I am keeping my expectations relatively grounded in terms of effects to avoid being disappointed because the cookies genetics can be so hit or miss with the chemotype. The whole Cookies strain cluster unfortunately suffers from the short, dull, high THC(C5) chemotype that afflicts a lot of dispensary cuts and makes certain people very irritable with continued use.

One thing I’ve noticed is that there does seem to be a few long lasting keeper phenotypes in the original Girl Scout Cookies and the crosses that came out of it. The first few batches of Girl Scout Cookies I ever smoked was around 2013/2014 if I’m remembering correctly and it was very creative, stony, and paranoid if you went to high, lasted a little over 2 hours. Some of the strongest cannacaps I’ve ever made were from that stuff. I really wonder what those original GSC cuts were crossed with because the Dutch/California flattened 20% THC .01% THCV Durban dispensary chemotype doesn’t seem like it. First time hearing of this F1 Durb. Never really ended up finding GSC like that again but some of the crosses (Ice Cream Cake in particular, the Mintz hybrids, rarely Wedding Cake) had a similar long lasting hybrid effect, with a little/lot less edge. The best cuts of Wedding Cake/Ice Cream Cake at least also seem to have higher b-caryophyllene expression, but a lot of wading through lackluster cuts to get there.

6 Likes

Yea, the way they are using it, for sure.

thank you the i bet you guys wouldnt say this to his face blah blah is what made me respond then he switched directions. but i wouldnt doubt if gilbert has a cia pass and there eating some of the profit we all know they like to prop up faces to push agendas and making their investors happy is prob one… while keeping it illegal for home growers to make a living and the wall street corps stay afloat while everyone else bankrupts first

4 Likes

as long as you guys understand nobody is going to take it easy on you when you call them a bitch in person youre good. i dont know you maybe youre a tough old man.

I like forum Girl Scout cookie, wedding cake. Haven’t grown Mac yet or cereal milk. I’m not a cookie hater at all.
I find miss named buds, poor growing create a lot of hate until someone gets a properly done example.
I’ve seen people say sour sucks until they get a proper sample!

6 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of stuff with no cookies in the lineage and some with. I’ve avoided from the very beginning, so my first few packs of seeds were Bodhi and Doc D.

Some stuff I have going has some in the lineage. Compound genetics Cali Rasins (Biscotti x Grape Gasoline) this one I’ve smoked before and it was a keeper mother from a few years ago. Kept for a reason. 3Rd coast Oreoz outdoors (also has girl scout Cookies). Anaphylaxis from thug pugg/mass medical. Peanut Butter Triangle by Equilibrium.

Only ones I have going now with none are Dominion Skush (Master Kush x Skunk 1) Bananastan (Ethiopian banana x Afkanistan) , Sunshine Daydream (Bodhi) & Purple Malawi x PCK from Ace

3 Likes

Happy to bring you out of the shadows :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I love master kush. Probably my favorite kush.

2 Likes

Just chopped some lucky dog plants today
Catahoula (tk X chem91bx3) and Grand master chem (master kush x chem91bx3) this grand master chem is smellin so dank and kushy!

6 Likes

A commercial grower in this state that isn’t in many with no Cresco ties started putting out some nice bud at the dispos, too. They started using bovedas and your jar comes with the tiny ones.

1 Like

They would if they could. The problem is that they’re completely clueless. If I have to hear one more budtender explain to me the difference between the two strains on the planet (you know - indica for sleep, sativa for upness), I’m going all devil’s weed on him.

3 Likes

Lol. “Are we looking for indica or sativa?”

Child, I’m looking for a soaring uplift that expands my consciousness ever outward, while calming my mind and body… so yeah, how strong you feeling in your ability to make a recommendation? :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

I’m going to use that. Verbatim.

4 Likes