Cool Runnings

I had 2 phenos, one that was all berry and one that was more peppery than anything else.

4 Likes

Well that’s interesting. Which one did you prefer?

Cheers
G

1 Like

A nomenclature question to all…

I’m thinking of referring to the parental plants as P1’s.
When I make the controlled open cross these would be the H1’s…?

Does that sound like an accurate interpretation of “Cannabis Crosses are not F1s, so says science!”?

Once the males drop their pollen, can you re-veg them?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yes you can re veg males, might be less risky losing it if it’s a good one by creating clones, to flower for pollen though.

2 Likes

I was planning on taking clones shortly (another first) but then the thought hit me… :thinking:

Thinking about it, all of the re-veg’s I’ve seen were female and that males tend to ‘croak’ after pollen got me wondering if it was possible. Side project! :laughing:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Yall wildin’ out over here

3 Likes

Fell the rhythm feel the rhyme get on up its weed growing time. Lol

4 Likes

I personally liked the berry for it’s flavor. The pepper seemed a bit more potent though

4 Likes

Coming along great. Can’t wait to see what the runt does lol.

OK, here’s an interesting bit of weirdness…

In order to test out the ‘untested protocols’ I ran three CBD photoperiod seeds from a past grow (Rodelized fem plants, so basically S1’s?) ahead of the old Jamaican seeds.

Well, today I found CBD#3 is going full on flower at 33 days veg (20/4)…

Everything else looks normal… OK, we are having some minor phosphorus deficiency’s VPD is lower than I’d like but that’s all being addressed. It was transplanted 6 days ago and showed zero indications of transplant shock. The linage is Doctor Seedsman

see? graphics and everything…

Who needs Ruderalis for auto flower?? IDK!

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I really have to say "I’m loving the new light and fan!" (T6 Infinity and 640W of DIY bridgelux).
I’ve been running 280W (12,000 lux at the floor) since the beans popped and just jacked it up to 355W (15,000 lux). That gives me 50,000 lux @ 9 inches short of the lights.
I mapped out the lux intensity at 6" increments for various settings and measured the wattage used (that makes it really quick and easy to change)

It is quite interesting watching the T6 manage the fan speed to keep the temperature pegged where I set it. I noticed initially that it had what seemed to be a slow response to changing the speeds, later I realized that the hysteresis was literally 1 degree.
After watching it in action I see it is brilliantly balanced.

The amazing thing is the controller and fan are using only 7 watts! (fan setting 4).
I have the ‘Alarm high temperature’ set 4 degrees higher as backup.

I wish I could borrow an Apogee quantum PAR meter for an afternoon to properly characterize this light…

Cheers
G

8 Likes
Jan 3

Pre flowers are starting to show at nodes 6 & 7. I see two females and maybe two males. The balance aren’t telling yet :speak_no_evil: :laughing:

I think I’m getting close to cloning time.
I’ll be using a EZ Clone auto cloner. First attempt at cloning so feel free to chip in any suggestions!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Got some beautiful pictures of your girls and boys @Gpaw?

3 Likes

Taking Cuttings & The PermaClone Recipe

Works every time. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

5 Likes

That is exactly the article I was searching my notes for!

Thanx!!

I’ll be following that document to the letter.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Nice job gpaw- very interesting…

1 Like

The runt is at it again!

I was checking for Pre flowers and noticed that nodes 6 and 7 have gone to three leaves per node at nodes 6 and 7.

What’s the proper name for this? Tri-foliate? whorled phyllotaxy?

Node 6

Node 7

(I’ll try and get a better picture straight down)

That means it is most likely male?

Cheers
G

14 Likes

Botanically speaking, it is a whorled phylotaxy. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

If you have a nice aquarium store near you, especially if they deal with saltwater, you can likely pay a refundable deposit to borrow one from them for a day or two.

4 Likes

I’ll check that out, there is one in town. :+1:

Thanx and Cheers
G

2 Likes