Copa Genetics

Just a quick update, testers
(SourD x GSD F5) are really taking off now. More to follow

18 Likes

Only surviving Copa Time trip F1 (LSD x Ancient OG) out of my testers, Wonder if its gonna be a boy or a girl…

Not sure i blame the Seed line - could have been my fault the other 4 didn’t make it. (if only i could go back in time…)

Have 5 Copa Ancient Skunks up next, and those all sprouted and are on the way.

16 Likes

Spring has almost sprung here in the great white north, so I decided to germ these today.

Once they pop taproots, They’ll head into my tent until any signs of fake spring/prolonged winter have gone. Excited to watch their journey. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

@PTJ420 You’re right man. These fast purples don’t smell like anything.

3 Likes

Even my bourbon-snob friends in Chicago can’t peg a distinct smell/flavor but “citrus” seems to be the recurring theme. My second one wavers between orange and grapefruit but neither is overly dominant and tastes nothing like the sample I was given which had more of a hashy smell with a purpley-skittlez inhale with a hashy exhale…

I’ve got the third at about week 4 right now, straight Promix HP and I went a little heavier on the N pre-flower than I did the previous two. Getting a lot of the orangey-grapefruit but more skunky this time.

6 Likes

@PTJ420 my largest of the ones that branches out just started showing her pre flowers so that’s exciting. I’m pretty sure at least one of these gumdrop phenos is a boy. I’ll be happy to get one of each so I can make note of their differences. You said there is a sativa pheno?

4 Likes

Yeah, the one I have is a “Satty leaner!” according to Copa. I have nothing to compare it to until someone else starts posting pics.

4 Likes

Oh Boy those look amazing I can’t wait to see what you get from them! That cross sounds awesome!

3 Likes

Kinda hard to see but just flipped the closet. Vale Tudo round 2 in the back right and middle. They rest are Icy grapes day 1 of flower!

15 Likes

3 goji OG f2’s from Copa sprouted. Does this count in the Copa thread?! :grin:

11 Likes

Checking in with a photo of my BLR/GSD with a few weeks of veg left to go, getting potted up tomorrow but I really should have done it before I left for almost a week.

And a smoke report on my Icy Grape F2 now that it’s cured and I’ve been puffing it for a while:

I ended up with something like five ounces off of a 36" topped plant in 7G of soil of DANK. Around an ounce of high quality small buds and four of tops after careful defoliation, she’s thick with the leaves. Excellent bud, the strong grape terps hung around and are less the Welch’s concentrate smell from flower and more of a good grape hard candy now after curing. Not much skunk or other acrid, mostly rich dark kushy berry Afghani flavors, something about it just tastes “heavy” to me without it being particularly thick smoke. Flavor holds through a bowl of joint well, no big change just a fade to ash. It makes my eyes water and get half-shut when I hit it from a bowl, in a joint it’s milder. Tasty in the Dynavap as well, with a sweet and thick vape. Buds are dense, fairly heavy, and extremely sticky/oily. This one is whatever the opposite of a sandy kiefy hashplant trichome is, buds still stick to my finger even when they’re dried out crispy. The effect is immediate relaxation, I usually say “yeah” out loud after the first hit, but it’s not terribly sleepy. Not a knockout but a chiller, good for bedtime and anytime I can be a little stupid and grinning. As to medical effects, I cycle long distances for fun, and recently found that four or five hours in when I switched up my Cinderella 99 for a bowl of this, all my muscle pain just melted away and my back relaxed. Glad I’ve got a bunch to hold onto for a while, because that’s very useful to me, an indica that does pain relief and relaxation without sleepiness. Highly recommend this one from Copa, a winner that I’ll grow again, would buy again. I think the Black Domina dad here is doing good work, I’m enjoying this more than any Skittles/Zkittles I’ve had before. Looking forward to trying the Zip Tape and Crazy Bitch I have, or that Dankberry, which sounds amazing.

Notes:
This was grown in my soil mix, flowered under an HLG 550 R-Spec, after vegging under a 120w B-Spec QB288 build. I’d have to check my notes but I think I took this at 65 days from flip, dried for a week in my Inkbird-controlled box at 65/65 and then burped down and cured in Grove Bags. It’s been sitting for two or three months now in the bags, with Bovedas.

28 Likes

Excellent report @Dirt_Wizard, I think I need to grow her out again now :crazy_face:

6 Likes

6/10 with tails so far.

Into solo cups they go and crossing my fingers for the final 4. :crossed_fingers:t2:

11 Likes

I posted in my journal but wanted Copa to see this. I k ow he looks on here sometimes.
My Ancient Chocolate male dubbed “The Kraken”
Dr.Pepper in veg ?? Is this common? I’m hitting everything in the tent. Including Turkish Twist, Old Buzzard??

21 Likes

Excellent report dude! Man I can’t wait to harvest my icy grape it’s like a week away, not even :yum: hehe, and your so right about the oily stickiness every time i touch a nug it almost oozes on me lol. As far as the packs you got that you want to try next; I grew out both crazy bitch and dankberry, The crazy bitch was my all time favorite I found an amazing pheno that just hit all the boxes for me. 3 phenos 2 were decent one was amazing!! Dankberry I also had 3 phenos 2 were very similar in growth and flower, smell ect. but 1 cured with coffee notes, blueberry coffee almost. but 1 pheno was a unique super dank smelling like a dank basement or rotting wood/ forest floor musky fruity blueberry hashy flavor. super earthy and awesome, rock hard nugs that turned almost pink towards end of flower. But the 1 pheno of Crazy b was hands down best flower i’ve ever grown. super potent and flavors outta this world… gassy rubbery blueberry HAZY vanilla sour skunks asshole fruit just phenomenal. Happy hunting!!

11 Likes

That’s a stud right there, great idea hitting the Turkish Twist with it to recombine the two Ancient OG dads (I think it’s two different ones?). What’s that Old Buzzard, is that the Buzzard’s Hawaiian Hashplant that Angus at RSC was giving out?

8 Likes

Does he still need outdoor growers ?going to do a run of the Turkish twist outside to see what type of PM resistance these have.I have the beans and already sprouted them about 15 days shy of 60 days from seed.I have 35 more days to go of flower in my main chamber.When those are ready to jar I’m tossing these right in the tent till after Mother’s Day.We had damp cold autumn here and I live by one of the Great Lakes need some PM resistance l.

13 Likes

Turkish Twist x Ancient Chocolate = Old Buzzard(ancient turkey) :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

I’m stupid :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Lololol now I get it

5 Likes

2 more grew tails overnight, into the tent they go with the rest of the solo cups. :slight_smile:

19 Likes