Corey's first indoor grow

but have you noticed it finishing faster at 11/13?

2 Likes

Not really sure, might need to go check some old notes and compare times. I did it to save money on power. I even run my veg side on 17/7 just to save that extra hour.

2 Likes

I bumped the light cycle down to 10/14. I can tell now the buds are growing and foxtailing. There is definitely more to this indoor growing then what meets the eye

3 Likes

Is this close? All I have is y phone to zoom in on these bad boys. They look milky white to me. I’m thinking up to 10 more days. Am I wrong?

3 Likes

They are close but could do with longer from what I can tell, my phone/eyes could never see the trichs. Get a cheap pocket microscope or loupe that’s 50x or something if you don’t want to spend the cash. I think I got mine for 3 quid way back, also try looking in sunlight as it will show up its ‘true’ colours better.

1 Like

To me they look still kinda clear/transparent or not fully milky white but I could be wrong. As Bob13 said, a pocket microscope should do the job. I got a pocket microscope for very cheap that can be mounted to my phone camera to take pics or remove the adapter and look though it directly with one eye. Not the best quality photos but I certainly can see the trichs through it.

1 Like

As Bob and Mo said, it’s early yet.
I’m seeing mostly clear around the fringes and no amber, going by the pistils alone can be tricky if you don’t know the cultivar - especially a sativa.
You’ve got lots of frost and your girls are happy.

Check out this:

They have lots of photos showing ‘ready/not ready’ - this helped me out a lot. The whole site is geared to help new folks get up to speed and is loaded with a lot of great info.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

this bud is starting to foxtail some. U can see it. It’s at week 7 flowering. Should I be concerned or is this natural?

2 Likes

please help. Should I harvest???

3 Likes

This is my jack skellington week 7. The main cola looks like it’s doing some small spirle foxtail stuff . It just started to do that. What’s it look like to u experienced guys?? I’ll
Post a pic.

4 Likes

5 Likes

It could be kinda hard to tell from a top view. What is your lighting? I had a friend that was growing with lower wattage and he had that problem a lot.

Also you might do a little better leaving some leaves on there. There is nothing wrong with removing leaves to improve air flow and light distribution but often times I see bare plants.

If leaves are turning yellow or blocking bud sits remove them but otherwise I prefer to leave them on unless the plant is to bushy. Think of them as solar panels to grow buds :wink:

5 Likes

I’m using 3 fecida high volt cob true 50 watt full spectrum lights

Here are my current lovelys

2 Likes

This is my thread because I really need help with this girl. Once I hear some opinions you can have it

3 Likes

That leaf necrosis looks might be fungal. Have a close look at the base of the buds to see if they are affected.
Questions:
Do you have a fan moving air around?
Do you know what your relative humidity levels are?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I have a fan moving air from the bottom of the plant outward.

1 Like

Humidity has got to be low as well. I don’t have a totaly managed room. I was told this strain would be done in 8 weeks it’s almost 7.5. Now I’m concerned with the foxtailing on the first pic. Is this plant just muturing or is it making spire fox tails cuz it hates me??

1 Like

Is this something I need to address??

1 Like

The plant is ‘not happy’ but if you have a week or less to go I’d suggest you ‘ride it out’ as there not much you can do in that short period.

You have air movement and low RH so that should prevent mold and fungus issues but be sure when you harvest to remove any dead or unhealthy looking material just to be safe.

Foxtailing is more aesthetics, they will smoke ok. Three 50W cobs could cause that, depending on the setup. Generally you get some leaf fading as well but not always (depends on the plant).

There are more experienced folks than me here, I’m sure you will get some good input shortly.
I’d suggest you post your next grow here and you will get a wealth of great input.

Cheers
G

2 Likes