Skunk 91, G13 kush, and dbhp

So i thought i would start a new log for new plants. Just like the title says, i started dbhp that i got from the seed run about two weeks ago. Might be three now. I took clones a couple days ago but nothing yet, but both are bleeders! . On Monday i popped two skunk 91 from the seed run and two G13 kush from @deep_rob.

27 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the G13 kush. I have those as well!! Happy growing!! Blessings JAH

4 Likes

In for the show, Best of luck with the grow

1 Like

So first, the clones from the DBHP. Then pictures of all of them.

6 Likes

Now, i made a thing! I wanted to try DWC. So i found a bucket, looked all over town for a small bubbler and all i could find was tetra whisper 10 gal. It might be a little small. But it was cheap. All the stores have dropped the fish tank stuff for the year and i didnt want to wait to get one shipped. Couldn’t find any airstones, so i made one. Here are the pics.

For the bubbler, i took a small mason jar, instead of the canning lid, i used a piece of hemp fabric. Then poked a hole for the air line. Put it in and filled with glass stones. It works really good! Im going to wrap my bucket in plastic to keep the light out. As soon as my clones roots are long enough, I’m going to drop it in the bucket and see how it goes!

13 Likes

Nicely done! I love the homemade aspect of this!

4 Likes

I would have never thought of the mason jar, airstone!!! nice one

4 Likes

Bubbler is sweet! Nice strains you are running.

2 Likes

Thanks! Im going top seed how it works and maybe build a few more

2 Likes

I bought a new air pump today. Top fin air 8000. Four outputs, 10.67 lm flow rate. I was reading the faq about how much air flow i should have. It says it should be around 600 ccm. With this pump i should be able to run 16 buckets, or a big rez. The pump was only $35 at the pet store. The four outputs don’t seem to affect each other. I hooked up one air stone then plugged and un plugged the other three, it didn’t change the air flow.

My first bucket is doing well!

10 Likes

So, i might have to break down and buy am air stone. It’s been a week and the fabric is clogging and breaking down. Also the ph has gone up half a point with only about an inch of water loss. Other than that she is doing great!

8 Likes

So i almost killed this plant… i had to get some ph down. The brew and grow is going out of business so i went there. I had generic ph down before. All they had left was Advanced nutrients ph down. I get home put a splash in and the ph went from 7 to 2… i had top dump the bucket and start over. I only put a couple drops in and it went down 2 points! I have it fixed now, but that stuff is strong!

2 Likes

Yes it don’t take much. My water is acidic, 5.6
I add 2 drops of ph up to a liter of water and it goes up to 6.3 to 6.5.

1 Like

I am finding that im getting more branches with the DWC bucket than with dirt. You can see in the pic the branching from all the nodes. in dirt it would have gone straight up and been taller by now. This is a clone of RCB x Remedy that i have in dirt also.

PH is at about 5.8. If you can see something i can’t, please let me know. The nutes might be a little strong.

8 Likes

Mate for a first crack at a DWC I’d say you’re doing well. Easy mistake to make with PH products I still occasionally have to throw feeds away because I cocked it up. There’s no precise measurements it’s all annoying.

You possibly have some nitrogen toxicity your second to top leaves look clawed but I wouldn’t be arsed about it like I say you’re doing well for a first try. I’ve wanted to do DWC or RDWC for a while so I’ll be tuning in on this one :ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

it’s been a bit since i updated. things are going good. i’m going to just use this thread to do all my updates for now. i am finding out that i like to try a lot of things all at the same time…:thinking:

2 Likes

:hammer: + :nail_care: = :confounded:

:smirk:

:evergreen_tree: <— bastardu san!

1 Like

So, i have 11 mothers. 5 RCB x remedy, 4 RCB x glacier and 2 DBHP. I am narrowing them down and i think i have 2 to keep from the remedy. I think i might drop the glacier but I’m not sure yet. I will at least drop it to one.

Them i have 2 G13, 2 skunk 91’ and a mystery seed 1-E as seedlings. 1-E has not popped yet.

I have 8 clones ready pot up to 3 gallon pots. Veg for a bit more then flower. The are about 40 clones ready to come out of the cloner.

And i have one in a DWC bucket to see how that works for me. Going good so far. Getting a lot more branching in the bucket as opposed to dirt.

Im out of dirt. Im broke. And i need to figure out how to get theses clones and others up potted…:roll_eyes:

I made my own dirt a few weeks ago. I took a clone that had lots of roots and put it in a cup of my dirt. It drooped and is looking very sad. Ph out of the cup is 6.8 or so. I think that is the reason. I just checked my tap water and it’s at ph of 8… normally 7. I think it’s time to sanitize my well again. I’ll try and give it some ph 5.8 water and see if it helps.

Last but not least, i have 8 plants outside since the end of July. They are only about 36 inches tall and have button buds now. They are having a bit of a hard time with mites. i have been giving them neem waterings and they are slowly getting less and less. They were really infested.

4 Likes

If you have time & there’s anywhere healthy & natural you could rob a bucket of forest soil from…go for it. Not the neighbors’ :house: but some undeveloped area.

Check craigslist… there’s ALWAYs free fill dirt but that is potentially worse than what you’ve got. Often people are posting “take my lava rock. u rake/shovel yourself” or similar. You’ll wanna sanitize anything like that(may have roundup residue, etc)…

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Yesterday it popped! 1

-E

3 Likes