Corey's first indoor grow

Yeah man I looked, and the buds looked solid. Now what? Will my buds swell soon?

1 Like

Should I be concerned about the spiral looking buds growing out of the main cola

1 Like

I don’t think you will see much change in bud size between now and harvest (it is limping to the finish line). I go by the looks of the trichomes to decide when to harvest.
Don’t worry about the bud’s appearance - it isn’t going to win prizes for ‘bag appeal’ but it should smoke OK after curing.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I don’t think the bud size will change much either. But it will gain weight

1 Like

I agree. But it will still be better then the light green brick I’m use too

You are correct, the white hairs (stigma) are occurring at the new growth sites, so those areas will continue to grow and add weight. Generally this close to harvest growth is slowing down.

Just as a point of reference, this is your first indoor grow and you didn’t kill the plant so that puts you in the top half of the class… You should feel good about that!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Thanks Gpaw.! Thanks for the compliment too. At least it’s not dead!l lol. I’ll post more pics on monday. It basically took me till the 7th week to notice the buds to really thicken up

1 Like

Thanks man. That means alot

1 Like

I was also thinking of doing this technique by turning the lights way up like 18 hours on to help tricome production. People swear by it but it needs to be done for no more then 2.5 days and also stated cutting halfway through the stalk as the plants should yield even heavier. So I’m gonna turn up the lights cut the stalk last few days and I’m gonna put ice cubes in the bucket to change the bud color. There a few teks here hope they work or give me an advantage

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering why it took so long to start filling out. I swear I can see the buds getting bigger everyday. I also doubled the phosphorus along with 20cc of liquid koolbloom. I think that’s helping as well. Im glad you all talked me out of it.

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Trichome development looks good. From what I can see in your photos I’m guessing they are about 70% clear/30% cloudy? What is your estimate on the cloudy/clear ratio?
There’s pros and cons on when to harvest - I like 80% cloudy 15% clear and 5% amber.
Remember, growing it is only half the job, curing is the other half.

The photo showing your cobs & plant - it looks a little too close to me. I’m thinking it looks like maybe 4 inches? The light intensity might be a bit much (which would explain the foxtailing). I’d go closest - 8 inches to be safe.

You are doing great, you will have some nice bud when cured. And the best part?

You grew it!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thank you my friend. Yeah I would say that ratio is pretty close. I found some red coloration on some of the larger sugar leaves around the main cola. I’ll upload a pic. It’s hard for me to tell so I ordered a cheap 60x loupe and supposed to get it next tuesday. Maybe u can make something out of the pic

1 Like

2 Likes

Nope, not that one - that necrotic tissue can screw up everything.

Throw it in the fridge until you get your loup and then have a good look at it. You should be able to see the leaf being colonized by spores and colonies forming.

Most of active components we want are in the crystals and they are predominately on the main buds and small sugar leaves. Those are you guides to harvest by. Look for signs of amber there.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks Gpaw. What do u mean by colonies and I read somewhere that the red coloration is caused by high amounts of THCA which won’t get you high but works for inflammation. Is that killing my plant?

Hi Corey-

If I were you I would do the following things:

Remove any dead leaves.

Not do any of the fancy things you mention above.

Give it a nice pH balanced water and medium fertilizer dose.

Ride it out for another 2 weeks.

But that’s me.

All the best.

4 Likes