Corey's first indoor grow

I’ll stay away from it. It’s just that this strain has a flowering time of 50 to 60 days and in a few days it will be 8 weeks. I’m really counting on that 60x loupe. Thanks for your opinion I will definitely keep it in consideration.

2 Likes

Today is week 8! I got my loupe and the larger buds are all milky white with a touch of brown. I’m pretty stoked this being my first bud to harvest indoor… I think I see a touch of purple in there. Correct me if I’m wrong

6 Likes

Blueberry or maybe lavender back up in that family tree. You are going to be ‘happier than a pig in a new mud puddle’ after you cure that gear.

Cheers and well done
G

2 Likes

Yeah man I bet I will. Im thinking 2 weeks of drying time??

How would you guys dry this?? Ithe super thick…

Here’s a good tutorial:

Snag off a ‘little tester’ after the 1st week to see how it is going. The finished weed will taste like that but much smoother.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

OK I will do that. Thanks man. I’ve tried so many methods over the years… I’m open for new tekniques

1 Like

It’s been about 5 days and this stuff is still wet and sticky. Smells like berries prolly gonna be another week before dry…

2 Likes

I was just coming around to check on your progress. How’s it going on the dry and cure process?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks for that link. I got all the bud trimmed and hanging in a pretty dark room about 70 degrees. Still super wet. I haven’t made up my mind on how I wanna cure it. I’m thinking just let it hang till it’s all dry then put away. Instead of all those steps. Idk yet. At least I’m drying it in a pretty cool dark and ventilated room. We alway hung our outdoor crop in hot attics and barns for a week…

1 Like

All of that jar burping stuff is ‘fiddly’ work. If you slack off you can wreck the buds.
I like to let 'em hang until dry (below 60%) then jar them with a 62% Boveda pack.
It seems to take a couple weeks for the RH to stabilize but you know when it is ready.

Ok, that might not be clear… You can tell it is ready when you open the jar and sniff and the terpene profile smacks you in the face. There is a transition from initially ‘meh’ to wow.
When it hits ‘wow’ that’s when you crack a jar with your peeps and enjoy the ‘fruits of your labors’.
When the question comes around to “how much did that cost you” always high-ball it - if you answer. That’s so they don’t undervalue it and be ‘a little stingy’. Again don’t undervalue your work.

Cheers and enjoy!
G

3 Likes

Thanks Gpaw. I’ll stick with it. Iv just tried so many methods over the years. I mean I can get the bud to the point where it’s dry and cured enough to smoke, and that’s it. I can get it to that point but have to squeeze the bud the get that phenomenal odor. That’s as far as I can get. I mean I read and read. Just don’t know what I’m doing wrong. And I don’t have people showing me stuff cuz iv always pretty much been a one man renegade for the past 20 years unless I needed help with harvest but then again the people I hired didn’t know much

No, you are getting hung up on second order details,
you need to roll a spliff (not too big), spark it, and take a step back… and look at the ‘big picture view’.

You did mostly the right things and carried off your 1st indoor grow - AND - you didn’t kill it!!

That is major shit right there - AND - you did it on your own

OK, I’ll tell you something you are probably realizing now.
After every grow you identify stuff you can do better… and then you start planning…

Welcome to Overgrower’s Anonymous.

Cheers
G

Oh yeah, how did the 60x loupe workout for you?

3 Likes

Thanks Gpaw. It worked like a charm. I can’t believe I never checked maturity like that in the past. It’s damn good. I guess u learn something every day

3 Likes

If you are lucky - YES!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

@corey I just got cough up on this thread
Congratulations you got through your first , like @Gpaw said you didn’t kill anything awesome!
Each time you grow you learn something not all strains act the same just roll with it the rewards are worth it ! A friend told me once if your now having issues your not growing lol
That bud shot looks stellar
Enjoy your harvest
Peace

3 Likes

Thanks papalag. I will enjoy it I’m sure. It’s hard to wait till done curing. I have a ton of questions for indoor growing but will have to start a new thread for my second grow. From various pH readings to ferts and extra’s in the water to co2 to ppms, lights. I mean I think my heads gonna explode. Thanks to everyone who has helped me. Overgrow is freaking great

4 Likes

What are ya thinking of running next? How the flavor with a bit of jar time? Seems like 3weeks works good for me most strains.

2 Likes

Hey Jim. I’m thinking a short full indica on my next indoor grow, but right now I’m doing an outdoor grow with fruity kush, black widow, chernobyl, nuken, and acdc. I need to start a thread on that but just thinking how I wanna do it. But anyway yeah the bud is still curing and changing. It’s gotta real nice up long lasting buzz. The taste is light with citrus and berry. Over all I’m very pleased with it. Thanks for asking

1 Like