Corey's outdoor 2020/2021 seasons

Beaultiful strains man , respect over all.
Beaultiful plants , you got a fan of your outdoor.
Lets see the flowers
Inspiration to me.

1 Like

corey my garden is around 50 ft x 100 ft I use around 500 gallons I guess bags and boxes using a wand and bubbler on the big bags . Happy Growing

3 Likes

Happy growing to you too @gramps. When I get freed up I’ll take some pics of the ground I’m working with. It’s hard as concrete, and doesn’t hold water very well in this heat. Once I get caught up on the watering I can back off to right around 500 gallons every 3 or 4 days

3 Likes

Are you using a wetting agent like yucca, soap nuts, or castile soap? It may help with moisture retention.

8 Likes

Hey man. No I’m not. I know nothing about wetting agents. Really didn’t know they existed lol.

5 Likes

Here is a tutorial to make JADAM wetting agent (castile soap) for very cheap by @Tinytuttle

9 Likes

Is that only for foliar applications? Or can you water with it like yucca?

4 Likes

That’s a natural bug repellent. I have some of that. I just spray the plants?

5 Likes

You can add it to your drenched too just like yucca. It particularly helps with peat that tends to get hydrophobic when it gets too dry.

6 Likes

Just add a little to your irrigation water, it will make the water “wetter”.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I will definitely do that. Thanks @ReikoX! How much should I mix in with the water?

3 Likes

I think its a 1:1000 dilution for a soil drench, so about 4 ml/gal should be more than enough.

10 Likes

I’m happy to be around you and your knowledge on this forum my friend. @ReikoX

7 Likes

Im Very thankful too. Thanks @ReikoX!

7 Likes

We always just use a few drops of unscented Castiel soap. Works great for spraying Herbacide on large spots of invasives like Serecia lespediza. It allows the fluid to more easily spread across the leaves, making it a more effective use of something I hate to use(Herbacide).

It definitely helps to penetrate and permeate my hydrophobic soils too. :wink:

5 Likes

@gramps. This is the type of soil that I have been trying to better these last couple years. It’s hard as concrete. You can make pottery out of this stuff. It take a mega ton of compost, sand, and water…

10 Likes

I know what your talking about just dump tons of manure on top and rototill water and repeat . We had truck loads of turkey and goat manure dropped off and added to the horse manure which is free around here . A lot of the ranches will load for free a mix off horse manure and wood shavings . Our soil is red dirt with clay easy to turn in the spring but bakes hard as rock in the summer .

9 Likes

Native plants tend to help remediate poor soil. It’s the long game though. They shoot roots deep into the ground unlike most turf grasses.

I know that the term native is relative, but many species people are pushed to plant are not the best at benefiting your soil. Natives can also, generally, handle drought conditions and even wet conditions once established. Their roots are deep enough to find the ground water, and also help the watershed to penetrate the ground. I know that planting in a large area is easier if you could clear the whole thing but if you put some strips of natives around or even through your garden you’d lose some space, but your soil would probably benefit greatly over a few years.

If you’re interested, I’d gladly give more advice, and even send you some seeds of some plants that would help out. :seedling::rhinoceros::green_heart:

7 Likes

Man iv seen soil with crp grasses built up over time. Takes forever but if you do it right you can always do good in a field.
I always let the grasses grow back. So far this year I have only seen those small sunflowers

5 Likes

To contribute in some way, I have here the vetiver plant, which is a grass, native to the Indian region, the same that makes the Vietcong’s straw hat.
It has many uses…

It can grow to more than 20 feet of roots, and it does not produce seeds at my latitude (26° south).

6 Likes