Corm's Grow Show: Vegging, autos and clones, oh my!

Landrace Kwazulu flowers 18+ weeks, but I’ve heard good things about World of Seeds version. Pretty sure I read it has some grape terpenes, which one of the best West coast Durban Poison cuts is known for.

1 Like

I was kinda figuring if it was a real landrace sativa it’d be somewhere around 16-18 weeks… then, of course, you have the Seedfinder reviews saying 60-day flowering. I’m gonna treat it like another worked hybrid, I guess, since literally every review comes up saying around 60-day. Heirloom landrace crosses are nice too, though, and probably a hell of a lot more forgiving for me to grow in a 6’8" tent. :wink:

I’m actually kind of scared that this might end up being a real landrace sativa, although it would also be nice - I like the idea of a landrace preservation, of course, but especially starting from a position where I think this is a hybrid and I’m gonna be giving it veg time, I just don’t know if I’d be able to do it justice. That, of course, assumes they actually germinate. They’re from a sale a few years ago, and haven’t been stored perfectly, so they might all be duds by now. :crossed_fingers: Hopefully something comes of it, if not… c’est la vie, there are other seeds.

3 Likes

So, a bit over a week, I guess it’s time for a real update. I finally got in the growstone I’d ordered, and may have gone a little overboard on making new soil and up-potting. I transplanted the Hawaiian Princess over to a 10g pot and took a cutting to stick in the flower room - it’s been a bit over a week now, so hopefully within a few days it’ll start to show flowers. By then I’ll probably be ready to move the real plant downstairs… if it’s female, otherwise it’s becoming compost. Not even considering this for breeding stock, coming from a hermie mother. I originally thought they were fems. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, the Hawaiian Princess was planned, but then I took a look under the hood of the cloner and the Foxtail Skunk were just as storm-trooperish as I thought; all three had roots extending down to the reservoir and were drinking directly from it rather than letting the sprayers bring it to them. It was either transplant them, kill them, or keep them in there and grow them in some form of messed up aero/hydro hybrid. So yeah, they’re in 10g pots as well now. Pictures speak louder than words…

The two Guerilla Fumes are still growing like clones of each other, as expected since they are.

The older Black Cream S1… pretty sure this is not what it’s supposed to look like. I think I’m feeding them wrong.

The younger Black Cream is even worse. I fed them almost exactly the same, except I gave the older one a top-off on nitrogen in week 3. Clearly it made a big difference; I should probably have kept that level of nitrogen up until now, along with ramping up flower nutes, and then drop off to just flower for these last two weeks.

The Trizzler F2s are similarly pissed at me, but they appear to be finishing up some halfway decent buds anyway. I doubt it’ll be even an ounce each, though. Oh well. I was expecting my first autos to be a disaster, and so I’m not that disappointed. :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully I end up with more than a gram each, that should be a low enough bar to set…

Hawaiian Princess, getting used to the new digs. More depressed than normal, it turns out transplanting from a 3g bag isn’t easy and I ripped the roots up pretty bad. Should probably use 1g->10g if I’m gonna be transplanting, and leave the 3g for final pots - hopefully that’s enough for autos and landrace sativas, anyway. If not, the set only cost $15 so I guess it’s not that big a loss. Only 6 months of electricity bills…

The three Foxtail Skunk clones, also getting adjusted. I guess they took a day or two to actually start drawing nutrients from the soil and each had to eat one leaf in the meantime? They’re still growing anyway, I’ve been keeping an eye on the lower branches and they’ve extended about an inch each already. At any rate, they’re all reacting the same and seem somewhere around middle-road as far as being happy there. They’re pretty small for 10g pots, maybe that has something to do with it. They’ll grow. :wink:

GG4 RIL clone, settled in and rooted nicely now… time to get to the business of growing. Probably added another 2-3 nodes since last time, very dense so far. I’m sure the stretch will come eventually, for now I’m just glad one of them made it into soil and even seems pretty easy to feed, contrary to what I was expecting.

Here’s the cloner, slightly depopulated without the Foxtail Skunk. I trimmed some of the others so they had nodes under the lid and exposed to the water, apparently the nodes are more likely to grow roots… might be too little too late, we’ll see. One of the Blueberry cuts has a small root already, otherwise that seems to be it. If the other GG4 ever had one, it seems to have left. None of the Spirit Train F2s have rooted after a solid month, and none of them look very happy with life… wouldn’t be surprised to lose them, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they turn out to be cuts of a hermie after all this so I’m not that stressed. If the one I have in flower somehow doesn’t go herm, I’ll take a cut or two from the lowers for reveg while she’s getting chopped. I also moved the cloner out of the tent, I think the lights in there are too powerful for clones. None of them did well except the Foxtail Skunk, and they already had roots before going under the grow lights. Now they get 30% humidity instead… :frowning:

That’s about all, folks! I leave you with something to consider on this fine day:

piglet-burns-it-down

6 Likes

Trim the Fume’s down low, they tend to get larfy without lots of light penetration. My best results have been a wide shallow canopy.

I run at low RH, have for years. On the cloner, less light and put a dome over them… use a sprayer to keep moist till roots develop.

Winding down here, less than 90 days till i head west. :happydance:

I’m wishing one of you guys would have taken that Apple Fritter off my hands till i got back…

keep up the good work Corm…

2 Likes

@Cormoran I’m not sure how I missed your thread here. Looks like you have a lot of good stuff going on. I’ll be following along.

2 Likes

They’re already topped, probably gonna do some trimming this weekend and take clones as I send them into flower and then trim again after stretch; but that said, I don’t hate larf all that much, it just becomes RSO and then cookies. :wink: I usually leave the lowers on, the plants prioritize what’s most efficient anyway. As far as light penetration, it should be more evenly distributed because of the lightrails. There’s always gonna be at least some light somewhere, with 3 LEDs moving across the room; and I’ll have that up to 4 this weekend, probably 5 by June.

I might have to see if the dome from the prop tray fits the tote lid, though in retrospect they’ve done just fine with lower RH and only really started suffering once I moved them under the stronger lights. Dunno, we’ll see how these do on recovery with the low RH. If the Spirit Train, or the smaller Gorilla Bubbles, or the tiny little stub of a Blueberry (cut just to experiment) in the back of the Foxtail row can recover, I’ll consider this good enough. :stuck_out_tongue: The GG4 and the Foxtail got roots in this environment, so hopefully it’ll be fine.

As far as the Apple Fritter, you never asked and actually told me that you were keeping it to give to Drew. If you wanted me to take it, I definitely would’ve… c’est la vie, I guess. :frowning:

Thanks! This one is actually only two weeks old, started it a little after the new year. :slight_smile: My other thread for my main room hasn’t had an update in that same two weeks, so it’s about time to get busy and start uploading for that too, before I get too lazy and it ends up being next week again. :wink: Feel free to join me there if you like:

2 Likes

That’s right… i was awaiting to hear from Drew but i believe he was being overworked and i didnt hear back.

Keep some room for SkunkVA’s Dog Patch come July… have y’all stop in and grill some meat…

1 Like

I already have room for 17 clones in this cloner, and another 12g tote ready to be converted over to another cloner whenever time and laziness allow. :wink: No chance in hell I could ever actually fit that 34 full-grown plants, at least not my idea of full-grown in 10g pots. It should allow me to keep mothers pretty reliably though, I hope. Whether I have room for a plant or not, I’ll definitely have room for a cut, and since I pass right by your place every week anyway… you could definitely convince me for a BBQ and a cut or two, yep!

2 Likes

Update time… oh my, I already killed my autos. :frowning: Turns out I was underestimating the lights. Once I get used to the light rails, I have a tendency to forget how easy it is to fry a plant by putting the lights too close-up. They were about 6" away and, even at only 230w, clearly too intense. The Trizzler F2s were the closest to done, so they had the best yield, but none were particularly impressive. Here’s the group shot, no more autos just yet. I’ll probably pop another one or two, once I get the soil out of the plastic pots and into fabric. For now, the group shot of the others. The tops of the Guerilla Fume are starting to look a little light bleached, particularly the taller one on the right, but otherwise they’re fine. Meanwhile, a few weeks of less than perfect treatment and the autos are flat-out dead. :stuck_out_tongue: Not exactly friendly to beginners, other than getting to save $10 on a timer for the lights.

The GG4 RIL is still revegging, I guess, with the weird crinkled 3-finger leaves. Tough to see, but there’s at least 8 branches jammed in around the bottom half of the plant, so I guess this is officially monster-cropped. It’ll be interesting to see how this develops. It’s nearly doubled in height in the past week, it looks like.

The two Guerilla Fume, getting big and bushy… they probably should be moved into the flower room soon. Was planning to last weekend, but it didn’t work out, maybe this weekend. Getting a little confused on the schedule, turns out it’s difficult to coordinate 8 different strains with different and in some cases unknown flowering times and growth habits… who knew? :wink:

Hawaiian Princess… would’ve been a cool name, if they were feminized seeds like I originally thought. They’re from a hermie, not a reversal, which apparently produces regs. So I guess this one is a Hawaiian Prince, based on the cutting I took two weeks ago. It’s got a ball developing at the growth tip. Took almost two weeks to show, but now I’m certain.

I can also see balls developing if I zoom in.

The Foxtail Skunk clones. They’re the ones making my schedule difficult… the one in flower downstairs is 6 weeks in, and still has all clear trichomes. I thought fast photos were usually around 8 weeks… and 15 weeks seems like a crazy long flowering time for a fast photo. Mark told me this was a 105-day auto, but clearly it’s not since the clones still aren’t flowering. It’s also pushing 115 days, and doesn’t seem to be anywhere near done. Wtf does 105 days mean, I wonder? He’s staying quiet.

The cloner. Looks like it’s not foolproof, one of the Gorilla Bubble cuts appears to be dead or almost dead; not sure what’s gonna happen to that middle Spirit Train, and the #2 random don’t look great. They should be ok with the lights, but maybe I did too much damage in the two weeks they were in the tent for them to recover. We’ll see. I have a rooted GG4, so I’m happy with that, and still a decent chance of either these Gorilla Bubble cuts rooting, or being able to reveg a cut from the original a few weeks down the line. Worst case, I can leave the stump and a small bud and see what happens under veg lights.

2 Likes

I take his stuff with a grain of salt, he also says his “super sutos” need 12/12 to trigger, that’s not even an auto. :wink:

1 Like

Indeed, I guess you get what you pay for sometimes… for about 40 cents a seed, I should be happy they’re growing as well as they do. Decent vigor, decent bud structure, nice smell, just no information, none forthcoming when I ask him, and no way to make sense of what I do know. I still haven’t sampled the smoke either… it’s probably not all that potent, but if a bowl gets me high I usually don’t complain. If not, it becomes extract. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the autos man. Every misstep is a lesson though so silver linings. Just dialing in parameters for better results in the future.

Corrected it. I swear I’m becoming dyslexic on a keyboard these days.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve got what I hope will be a better plan for the next autos; I’ll start with a light feed at week 1, then feed them normally for veg on weeks 2-5, then switch over from there. Maybe incremental switching in week 3-4, since they’re gonna be just starting to flower then. That, and keeping the lights from frying them, should hopefully do the trick. I’ve already turned down the lights as well as raising them a bit; I might also try starting one in a 10g pot compared to a 3g, just to see what the difference ends up being…

That reminds me, I need to break out my light meter and figure out what the hell the DLI is in the tent at some point rather than just guessing by what fries my plants and what doesn’t. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve probably overcorrected and turned them down too low, at this point.

2 Likes

Update time; most of the pics are from last night but I got too lazy to write, so I didn’t. I rearranged the tent a bit, transplanted the GG4 and a new Blueberry clone into 10g pots and used the leftover soil I made to refill the 3g pot the GG4 had been in. Anyway, first off, group shot:

The two Guerilla Fume are still a bit beat-up from the lights, but recovering. I’ll have to move the lights up again by next week, probably; then all I can do is lower the intensity, and just keep my fingers crossed until they’re ready to go into flower. They’re pretty much ready already, but I’m just gonna move everything down there together so that I can shut the room down for a month or two afterwards for some more renovations. The drywall’s up, but it’s still not entirely finished, just half-assed. Works for a grow room, but I’d rather have it be usable for a living space too if I end up selling the place.

The three Foxtail Lemon Skunk clones that I’m using in my BBP test, as well as the Blueberry clone that’s barely visible in its 10g pot. I have the bins labeled so I can keep track of which Foxtail is getting which treatment, since they all look pretty much identical right now.

GG4 RIL. I guess this is supercropped, since I got the cutting from a plant that was a week into flower and it had to re-veg before it started growing? Certainly there’s a hell of a lot of branches packed in at the bottom. Also, it seems like it might have topped itself, so that’s interesting… I know @Tonygreen recommends topping at 6 nodes, I guess this plant got impatient with me and decided to take matters into her own hands. :stuck_out_tongue: As long as she doesn’t autoflower on me, that’s cool. The two Blueberry clones I have in flower downstairs were re-vegged and they ended up nice and bushy from the get-go, looks like it should be a pretty solid yield. I’m sure this will do just as well, if not better.

Speaking of Blueberry clones… not much to say. Looks absolutely lost in that huge pot, but it’s been in there for a few days and seems happy enough so now all that’s left is to see how fast it grows. Hopefully it’s two feet tall or more by the end of the month.

Since I have an extra pot, no clones that are rooted right now, and more seeds than sense… I decided to start another seed. :stuck_out_tongue: This is a Ghost Rose from @ReikoX, cracked with a little tail after ~20 hours in a hydrogen peroxide bath. I’m doing it a little differently this time, was gonna put it on top of its final pot after 24 hours, cracked or not, with a layer of straight compost for about a half inch underneath it. It’s not worm castings, but there’s manure in there anyway. Apparently it works with goat and rabbit droppings too, I assume it’ll work with most kinds as long as they’re not too hot. The Bumper Crop has chicken, and I’ve had seeds accidentally germinate in it before so it should work fine. :crossed_fingers:

The remaining clones, plus the cutting I took from the flowering Tony Greenhand random #2 just in case it turns out great. The Spirit Train F2 cut seems to be on its way out, and I’m unlikely to take another cutting since it’s got small buds, no smell in flower, and every other clone @Nagel420 ran of it hermed. I don’t think mine did, unless I’m just blind… but still, no need to keep those genetics around. I think the other two Blueberry cuts, and the middle Gorilla Bubble, have proto-roots just getting started though. I don’t exactly have space for them though, dunno wtf I’m gonna do about that. I guess I could just put them into 1g pots until the flower room is ready again and keep them rootbound for three months… oh well. That’s future @Cormoran’s problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Update time again! The plants continue growing, though I’ve had some hiccups with environment lately since my heat is out. Luckily, I had to extract RSO anyway - a sand bath at 240C is pretty decent radiant heat, it turns out. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s enough to keep it comfortable throughout the house, with a few space heaters on concrete floors thrown in for good measure. I’ll be getting the heater fixed soon, and until then I’m basically paying like $3 extra a day to heat the house compared to what the heater costs. It might even end up less, since the space heaters can work off the solar power. Dunno if I’ve used enough power this year to actually end up paying for it, or if I’m gonna be selling energy to the power company at $0.02/kWh since I can’t bank it past April or so. Net metering is weird like that. Anyway, no one really cares about the minutiae of my bills, let’s look at some plants!

The two Guerilla Fume clones. It’s been 5 weeks since I topped them, and they’re starting to get cranky about not going into flower. On the other hand, they keep growing more bud sites. :wink: The roots have got to be jammed in there pretty tight, but they’re doing alright other than dropping the useless, older sun leaves.

The GG4 RIL is taking off. It did top itself, so now it’s got like… 7 secondary tops instead? Dunno how you actually count that. It’s looking good though. Already developing secondary branches. It’s a bit early, but I caged it already to keep the branches nice and spread out before it gets too wildly out of control.

Two Ghost Rose seedlings - maybe? I’m not sure if one or both are already dead. They both definitely cracked, but after that I’m not 100% sure. The first one sat there for ~24 hours with the taproot above the surface before starting to burrow down, so I put a second in to soak. Then the first one started digging down, but still hasn’t shown any other signs of life. The second one also cracked and I buried it right off the bat rather than leaving it laying on top of the compost layer. It poked its head up a fraction of an inch above the soil Sunday evening, and hasn’t budged in the slightest since then. I’m not used to starting them directly in soil, but they usually grow pretty steadily once they crack or else they die in my experience.

The Blueberry clone; it’s still tiny enough that it looks like it’s barely grown at all, but it’s actually doubled in size since last week. I may actually get a chance to see what stretch looks like in a plant that’s not root stressed, for once, at this rate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Foxtail Skunk clones; I had two 33" cages left and a 42" one, and didn’t feel like buying more so I caged the control plant in the 42" cage. It started with a slightly more developed root system than the other clones, though it was taken the same day, and has the larger cage that gives it more room to spread out, so if the other clones end up bigger it’s pretty obviously gonna be due to the BBP.

As expected, the Spirit Train F2 and one of the Gorilla Bubble clones died. The others seemed to be starting to root last week, but this week they look exactly the same except for another dead leaf; still just some bumps on the stem that look like they could be proto-roots, but possibly aren’t. :man_shrugging: They’re stalled out, anyway. I killed the clone of Tony Greenhand’s #1 random, since we ain’t afraid of no hermies… it looks like the rest will all die as well, but I’ll leave them in the cloner until everything else goes into flower. Not quite sure if this is my fault, or if these strains are just a PITA to root. All of the Foxtail cuttings rooted in under a week… but then I started having to change conditions.

5 Likes

What’s the relative humidity where they are?

Cheers
G

1 Like

Yeah, fair point. Way too low at 33%, I should probably put together humidity domes of some sort. The veg tent has the right environment at 60% humidity, but the lights in there are too intense and killed them last time they were in there. The environment here is about the same as it was for the first GG4 RIL and Foxtail Skunk clones to root, though… then again, the GG4 is apparently a fast rooter normally, and my 2 cuttings kinda struggled. 3 weeks for one to root, the other never did. All 3 of the Foxtail rooted in under a week, but it’s a fast photo (probably) so maybe the auto genes helped it out. Also, those were freshly cut clones and these have been through the wringer already. I need some clear plastic cups I can poke a few holes in, I guess… or maybe the cover for the prop tray will work. I’ll need to search the house from top to bottom to find it, though, so maybe it won’t. :wink:

After searching the house from top to bottom to find it, it didn’t work. This was in the same storage spot, though, and it should. Might not be enough to save these particular clones, but it should help a lot with others in the future. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I didn’t get a group shot this time, so I’m starting out with the closest to it, the 3 Foxtail Skunk clones. They’re playing test subjects to see how BBP performs; if it’s amazing enough compared to my standard kelp foliar, I’ll use it on plants I’m growing for extraction despite being non-organic. So far, all I’m seeing is more nutrient demand from the ones I’ve sprayed, with similar growth. I’ll be topping them all this weekend, and putting them into flower next weekend. If it increases the yield enough, doesn’t really matter what it does during veg… flower is what we’re growing them for.

GG4 RIL, spreading out nicely to ~6 tops already. I’m expecting to give it 11 weeks in flower, so if the Foxtail I’ve got in flower now at 9 weeks is ready in 2 weeks I’ll put them all into flower together; if the Foxtail isn’t ready in 2 weeks, the clones up here will go into flower then and the GG4 will stay in veg until the Foxtail is ready.

Last, and least, the Blueberry clone. It’s tiny, and probably will be a 9 week flower, so I’m probably giving it another 2 weeks in veg compared to the GG4. It’s still gonna be tiny, but hopefully big enough to actually take a few clones… by then I’ll know how viable it is to keep clones in the fridge for a month, and if that works as expected it should make things easier on me.

I left two of the clones alive from last week, though I don’t see much hope for them. The Blueberry cutting that’s still alive hasn’t rooted in 6.5 weeks, so it probably just won’t. :stuck_out_tongue: The other cutting was of a bud that wasn’t going anywhere, on a plant that’s now herming, so I’ll be throwing it out soon enough. I’m curious to see if it’ll root, while I have the space. The last cut I had of the Gorilla Bubble died because the stem rotted out. I’ve cleaned the cloner, and took a bunch of cuttings from the Guerilla Fume. I took five lower branches and cut them into six, then put them in the cloner; another five branches are in a plastic bag in the fridge with some water in the bottom. In theory, they’ll still be alive and maybe even rooted in a month.

The two Ghost Rose seeds that I popped didn’t make it. They both cracked and showed a tail quick enough, but then I put them in a top layer of compost on my soil and both died. Either it’s because my compost has invisible fungus gnat larvae (never seen one in the topsoil of my pots, and the potatoes I put down there to decompose and attract them stay stubbornly untouched) that ate them, or the soil was too loose, or the soil was too packed, or the soil was too dry, or the soil was too wet, or the air was 2% too dry, or the air was 2% too humid, or the lights were too intense, or there wasn’t enough light because I kept them covered, or I just suck with seedlings since their reaction to anything being less than perfect is to give up and die. :man_shrugging: Maybe I’ll just go back to the rooting cubes. I at least had 50% success with them, which seems to be better than any other method I use…

4 Likes

So, this grow I’m learning the limitations of top-dressing, and why it always worked better in the past when I alternated top-dressing with fish fertilizer. Apparently it takes ~2 months for feather meal to break down, and that’s the primary source of nitrogen in my fertilizer other than a little EWC. Whatever’s happening with the compost tea, it’s not delivering enough bioavailable nitrogen for them to keep up. They’re all looking very depressed; I gave them some fish fertilizer so they have some available in the short-term. On the plus side, they won’t show any nitrogen deficiencies well into flower, and the soil should be pretty well set up for the next grow. Here they are:

Oddly, the GG4 is looking great. I’ve read that they’re heavy feeders, but she’s not showing any deficiencies yet. I still gave her some fish fertilizer just in case.

The Blueberry clone’s starting to take off. I gave her some fish fertilizer too, since I’m already seeing some sun leaves getting deficient and falling off. This is mostly recycled soil, so that makes sense.

A bunch of Guerilla Fume clones, still looking good after I changed out their water this weekend. I won’t go crazy and plant all of these at once, because I don’t have any room for them… really, I won’t! Of course, I’m not even sure they’re rooted yet, but they all look fine and should survive to root. We shall see. I thought I saw some nubs on the weekend, but I haven’t looked lately.

3 Likes

I’ve been lazy with the updates; most of the plants in the tent are in the flower room now, and that’s about all that’s been happening other than nearly killing all my clones. I didn’t take a group shot this week because there isn’t much of a group; here’s the star of the show for now, the Blueberry. She’s much happier with the fish fertilizer, soon I’ll be caging her up for training.

I popped 5 Hindu Kush x Bogbubble F2s from @Tenga, but I’m terrible with seedlings and had to take them from the soil they were damping off in and put them in the aero cloner. It looked like three were going to make it, but I also had a hiccup with the cloner, so it looks like I’m doing Darwin’s job and only the strongest survived. It’ll probably be a male. :wink: I didn’t have any more small pots and didn’t feel like making any up, so it’s in a 10g pot right from the start.

I also popped two Ghost Rose seeds from @ReikoX; looks like these will actually survive to grow, assuming I don’t kill them with any further well-meaning ineptitude. The light is near the top of the tent, so they shouldn’t have an issue with light burn, and I know to start feeding them in week 2 or so now, rather than waiting till week 4 when they’re actually showing deficiencies and have already been stunted. I’ll probably figure out some other way to kill them, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

My new seed starting method; I’m hanging them vertically now, since that’s proven to be much easier than just letting them lay flat and tangle up with each other. There’s a plastic bag with a paper towel in there, attached to the hangar with clothespins. The seeds probably won’t start anyway, but maybe some will still be alive; they’ve been stored in poor conditions for a few years now, and most of the others from the same storage space have failed. They’re World of Seeds’ Wild Thailand. The Kwazulu already failed; I kinda want to just toss the whole batch from their “Pure Origins” collection that they sold us because none of them are pure, but my friend really wants to believe they’re landraces and wants to grow them so we’re trying to start them, since they’re certainly not gonna get any better with time. Meh. :man_shrugging:

I put the cloner back in the tent, since none of them had rooted in 3 weeks out there in the cold and low humidity; nothing ever has, really. The tent kills them quicker but they at least have a chance of rooting. Maybe I should lower the intensity of the lights a bit too, but the actual plants are happy and I don’t want to slow them down… the cloner’s in a corner so it’s indirect, but it’s a small tent so it can only get so indirect. The flower room would be ideal since it’s so much bigger, but then they’d flower, which isn’t ideal.

This set of clones (Guerilla Fume) is probably going to die anyway, since I’ve been faithfully using what I thought was willow water in there and it’s not even willow water. :roll_eyes: The tree I’ve been taking the switches from sure looked like a willow when it was dormant, but not so much now. Turns out it’s a weeping cherry, not a weeping willow. Not sure what, but something in there formed an organic sludge that coated the stems and choked them off or rotted them out. I’ve got more cuts of the Guerilla Fume in the fridge though. If the GG4 cuts die, I can take more and try to reveg them, but they only had a few days of the cherry water and will hopefully be ok. I can also just pop more seeds of the GG4, I guess. The two Foxtail Skunk aren’t really in there because I want to grow it again, but I’m testing whether the BBP-treated clone roots faster. They’ve only been in there for a day and a half, so nothing yet.

5 Likes