Corm's Grow Show: Vegging, autos and clones, oh my!

Still not much in here; the Wild Thai seeds I was germinating decided they didn’t want to, so they’re out; I’ve got a few more in there, eventually I’ll get the tent closer to full. For now, here’s what passes for a group shot:

The Blueberry; I’m not sure, but it seems like a few of the branches might have topped themselves. Maybe not, though? This grows pretty oddly, I didn’t notice it last time with so many different strains in here but now it’s more obvious.

Harvested the Gorilla Bubble from the flower room, but since I didn’t take a clone and don’t have the tent full I moved it in here. When the hermies I’ve got in male jail finish up, I’ll move her in there so I have room for more veggers in here.

The two Ghost Rose - not sure if they’re different phenos or if the taproot got into trouble on the smaller one, but it seems to be a fair bit behind. I’m still considering them on the same schedule, coming up on week 2. I’ll be top-dressing my standard mix and giving them a little shot of fish fertilizer.

The clones are looking pretty blasted; I had a mechanical issue with the cloner and the left side wasn’t getting any water for nearly 12 hours, so the GG4 clones are almost dead. If/when they die, I’ve got my eye on a small branch downstairs that’s buried beneath the canopy and probably won’t go anywhere bud-wise; might as well take it this weekend and try for a reveg. There are a few other Guerilla Fume cuts in the fridge that I’ll take out this weekend too, if nothing’s rooted by then. One of the Fume cuttings actually did have a small root on Sunday afternoon, but then I had the bright idea to add a teaspoon and a half of kelp to it. Turns out one of the symptoms of potassium excess is “root tips die back” - kelp is something like 0-0-20 with some micros, so I’m guessing adding it to my filtered water resulted in disaster, because the root was gone by Sunday night. Now I know, not so bright after all. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Another week, another few dead seedlings. I started 5 Mexican Death Sativa F4s, plus a mystery seed that’s apparently been sitting around since we were organizing seeds last year when it fell on the floor and my friend rescued it. He forgot to tell me, and it’s been in a vial ever since. Another seed from this last crop’s mystery vial snuck into a paper towel too. Of the seven, one is still alive, the mystery seed from my last crop. One of the MDS didn’t fully make it out of the shell, while the other four and the mystery seed from last year made it into soil and then started dying a day later. At first I thought it was damping off since it started off with one MDS, then all four were dead by last night when I checked in again, and today the other mystery seed died too. Pretty sure the soil’s too strong for anything close to a landrace; I didn’t even consider it when I first planted them, but I was using recycled soil rather than making up fresh. I probably need to make up fresh soil with a weaker mix too, rather than soil I’ve been amending steadily for months that started out strong. I was keeping a bunch of the MDS in reserve to make seeds anyway, and was just hoping to get a female or two out of this, so it’s not gonna ruin any plans or anything but it’s disappointing. Anyway, I moved the Gorilla Bubble and now the room’s halfway empty again since I moved the dead ones out. The pictures are from yesterday, before last year’s mystery seed fully died off:

The Blueberry clone is also disappointing me lately. Not sure how clearly it’s showing up on the picture, but it’s about 2’ tall or maybe a few inches more. Of that, the top 8 or 9 inches make me want to cut the top inch off, cut again 8 inches lower and graft the damn thing rather than letting it keep growing this way. There’s 5 empty nodes with a lot of stretch, no branching or growth tips at all and just a few sun leaves hanging out doing absolutely nothing. I wanted to top it around this height, but if I do it now I’m either going to leave it at 14" with a bunch of tops or it’ll stay the same height with only one top and a bunch of popcorny lowers. I guess I’m gonna leave it and see how the new growth comes in, since topping is much harder to take back than do later.

The cloner’s full of Guerilla Fume cuts that I was keeping in the fridge; after 5 weeks they aren’t quite good as new, but certainly doing pretty well. I’ll see if they actually root. There’s still 2 more cuts in the fridge if not. I also took a few cuts from the lowers of the GG4 downstairs, already a few weeks into flower but probably not too far gone for a reveg to take pretty easily. Worst case, I can keep popping seeds until eventually something stays alive. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I last took pictures of these two clones, the first had a single root and the second was just starting to show one. That was two days before this picture - the first clone, the control in my experiment, grew a few more roots and the leaves are staying healthy. The second one, which is from the plant I’ve sprayed with BBP and which I’ve continued spraying with BBP as a cut, stalled out with that root just starting to show and hasn’t grown any more; the leaves are continuing to yellow. Last time I sprayed it with BBP, it was starting to show root bumps and then didn’t go anywhere for a week. I assumed it was because of the kelp in the cloner, but it might have been the BBP treatment that they didn’t like. Not sure. My cloning technique is a mess right now anyway, so it might’ve been my fault. I didn’t spray anything except the experimental cut this week, the others I’m leaving to grow on their own. No kelp spray either.

2 Likes

Are you smacking the seedings around or what? Sorry to hear you lost more. You need me to babysit some seedlings and bring them back to you in veg? :stuck_out_tongue: Depending on where I end up that may be as much as a can grow anyway is seedlings.

1 Like

I didn’t even plant these, my friend who actually had a real mother to learn gardening from did. He’s got an excellent record on keeping them alive during transplant. I’m popping more of my throw-away mystery seeds and 3-year-old Blueberry hybrids that all came out terribly because I want to practice and get better at doing it myself, but none of these seedlings died because I’m incompetent at transplanting. These died because I’m incompetent at landrace-growing, get it straight. :stuck_out_tongue:

I treated them all the same; the one that I’m certain is a hybrid of two plants that were bred for indoor growing is thriving, and the six that were landraces or (probably) landrace hybrids died off, but after several days it obviously wasn’t from damping off. That takes a few hours to show. Since the ones that died are landraces or landrace-adjacent, and I’ve read that landraces have difficulty growing in soil that’s too rich, and I’ve just spent months amending this soil, pretty sure I know what went wrong. :slight_smile: Even if I’d gotten them fully-grown, they’d probably be struggling and dying in this mix. The autos are doing fine too though, in the same mix and the same recycled soil. No babysitting required, just let me go back in time real quick and mix up different soil last week… while I’m at it, I’d like to go back and buy Amazon stock in 2006 rather than ordering a DVD of the movie Pi, that way I can at least afford to buy dispensary weed and won’t need to grow so much.

1 Like

Looks like I got lazy for a while, nearly 3 weeks since an update… I guess it’s probably time, if only so I have a journal of what’s been going on. After the MDS seedlings died off, I started another 6 seeds; 1 Jamaican Cruise from @BasementBeans, 2 Maui Mango Haze F2s from @middleman, and 3 OST x ASS from @SkunkHunt101. Once again, it didn’t go great, though at least they aren’t all dead. The fems are, though. The Jamaican Cruise sprouted after 2 hours soaking, then stalled and never went anywhere; one of the MMH had its head fall off while it was in the paper towels, and the other one died when it went into the pots even with weaker soil. Not sure if it was the soil though, I might have fungus gnats downstairs after all. I didn’t see any larvae when I was putting the seedlings in, but then the next week I was going to put the Foxtail Skunk clones into the same soil and saw a bunch of wriggling white things come to the surface when I watered it to get ready for transplant. This is the soil recycled from the pots downstairs, and downstairs is where I’ve seen what I thought were shoreflies before, so I’m thinking 1 + 1 = 5.

After those died, I started 6 of the random seeds from @SkunkHunt101 that I’d kept in the freezer for 2 weeks. The next week (last week) I checked them to find that none had cracked, they’d all molded in the paper towel. It seems freezer storage isn’t the way for me; I could probably make it work if I did it right, fairly sure vacuum sealing is required now that I think about it. I didn’t, just put a vial with the seeds in the freezer and took it out 2 weeks later. That’s also when I checked the soil for the Foxtail clones. I put one of them in the soil, fungus gnats be damned, and left one in the cloner for the roots to develop more so it could survive the larvae snacking on them. This was their roots last week; first is the BBP-treated clone, second is the control. The BBP-treated one stalled out again after its last treatment, so I stopped using it and then the roots started developing about a week later. They’re about 4 inches long, while the control grew over a foot of roots and started drinking from the reservoir. If it weren’t for the gnats, I’d have potted them both.

Anyway, after all that I was left with the Blueberry that’s going into flower soon, the two Ghost Rose, the random Spirit Train F2 cross and the 3 OST x ASS plus the Foxtails, which I’m bored of already without even getting through the first plant’s harvest. The clones refuse to stop rooting, and nothing else is rooting at all, so it keeps staying alive. :frowning: Meh. Since 4 of those are regs, I decided to start 6 Romulan (maybe?) that I got on Strainly. With @Jinglepot’s seed run going, I won’t be using these to do a repro and will wait to hopefully get some of those since I’m certain of their provenance. With the way the Diesel and SLH runs are going, it looks likely it’ll go well too. A week later, 5 of the 6 are in the cloner to develop stronger roots before they go into soil. One of those 5 probably won’t make it. For now, group shots, and I’ll put pictures of the cloner at the end:

I pinched the top off the Blueberry and bent it at a right angle to try and train it, since I was really unhappy with the structure and those 5 empty, stretchy nodes; it’s a little better now, but now the rest of the plants downstairs are 5+ weeks in. I’ll be moving this one down by the weekend, and I have no idea how I’m gonna swing the last 4-5 weeks of flowering since the male jail will be occupied. I’ll figure it out though, that’s future @Cormoran’s problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

The two Ghost Rose autos from @ReikoX are looking pretty good for such limited pot space and lack of training. The taller one seems to be more tolerant of nutrients as well as being (so far) the sexually stable one. The shorter one was actually taller the last time I took pictures, but it stalled for a day or two after a feeding and has now started developing balls, maybe because of the stress and maybe genetics; they have a tendency to throw balls on the bottom nodes anyway, but this isn’t exactly a bottom node, more of a middle, and there’s quite a few of them on other nodes too. Either way I won’t make seeds with it; if the other one stays stable I’ll probably chuck some GG4 RIL pollen so I can have a bunch of fast-photo fems which will hopefully lean towards GG4, with its homozygous pairs. The one that’s herming, obviously, will be going to male jail.

Three OST x ASS being seedlings. Kinda stretchy so far, hopefully that doesn’t mean the two stretchier ones are males… we shall see. Not gonna do any radical training on these so far, I’ll just leave them be for a while.

The Foxtail Skunk clone, a week after going into fungus gnat-infested soil. That said, there aren’t any fliers and I hope the infestation’s mostly subsided since I just did my IPM spray yesterday and I’ve been regularly spraying it before this. I’ll be potting up the other one tomorrow or Wednesday, whenever laziness allows; the roots are looking similar to the other one last week.

That random Spirit Train F2 cross; I decided to try training early on this one, so I’ve started on a mainline setup. I chopped up most of the plant into clones, put three of them into the cloner and two downstairs so they’ll start showing sex in 2-3 weeks, and tied down the branches; they’re up to 3 nodes already so I’ll give them a few more days then start cutting again for the second topping, then probably another week for the third. Not sure if I’ll push it to 4 cuts for 16 tops, but by then I’ll probably have found it’s male anyway, so I’ll decide in 2-3 weeks if it’s still a question.

One of the Guerilla Fume might actually be growing roots. It has what’s either mold or a callus forming on the stem in the root zone, anyway. :wink: It’s rough and solid, so it doesn’t seem like it’s mold, but with my track record I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s the one at the top of the column, also the best-looking of the bunch. I still have two more cuts in the fridge if these all die, but I’m not expecting much at this point. The GG4 cuts also haven’t rooted yet, but they’re at least looking healthier than the Fume; still, after 3 weeks they really should be rooted already, considering GG4 is supposed to be an easy-rooting strain in the first place. I think I may have to cave and buy some IBA/NAA powder after all, whether these root or not; it’s just so slow without it. I stuck the cuts from the Spirit Train random cross into the column labeled Blueberry for now, though I’ll need to rearrange things when I put the Blueberry into flower; the Romulans are on the far right.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about the seedlings. I know you have plenty of seeds, but if you want me to send you something to replace them, just let me know.

1 Like

Definitely not in trouble with them yet, I still have double digits left… probably better to get them into other people’s hands first, I’ll let ya know if I somehow kill off another 10 of them without finding a keeper to clone. I appreciate the offer though. :slight_smile: Next time I’ll try it with less compost in the mix, and no fungus gnats, should do a lot better.

2 Likes

Nice update bud. Let me know if you start those romulans. If the timing is right and you’re interested I’ll send you some pollen if you wanted!

1 Like

Cormoran have you checked the spray patters of the nozzles on the arrocloner for optimum coverage? In the early days of my cloning not long ago I didn’t realize some weren’t getting hit like others were… and had similar issues.

Take outside and turn it on… adjust them for optimal.

2 Likes

Sorry about the intersex on that Ghost Rose, generally it’s just one or two sacks like that and you can just punch them off and no more will appear. If it’s more than that, just cull it. Sometimes I’ll find a sneaky male flower while trimming.

3 Likes

I didn’t even think of that, good idea! If they make it past a week in pots, and I get at least one female, I’ll probably take you up on that; no harm in pollinating a few lowers.

I had issues with uneven spray early on, but when they weren’t getting sprayed the cuts just started dying; after adjusting a few times, there’s spray coming out of every hole when I pull out the collars and there’s always a drop of water on the bottom of the stems. I might have to check the water temperature first before getting cloning gel, it seemed warmer than it should be last time I changed it out. I’m also not sure that these aren’t going slower because they’re revegging at the same time… kinda jumped into the deep end on this one. I’ve heard they should root first before starting to reveg, but never tried it before myself. The one from you was rooted by the time it started flowering, and then revegged in the soil.

No worries, you’d told me to expect it already so I had an eye out even more than usual… and every grow I start from seed, I half-expect a herm just because I don’t want to miss any. My last grow had two herms that I paid for, so this is already better. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bit of an update here, lighter than usual on pictures because I’m leaving early today. The clones I took from the Spirit Train cross already have roots, so they’re in pots; a bit overwatered, I think, but their roots were pretty well developed so they should make it. I still don’t even know if it’s a female, but there are two cuttings downstairs in the flower room that should be showing something within a week or two… if it’s female, I’ll already have four growing. :slight_smile: If not, they’ll be compost. There’s two Foxtail Skunk clones potted up as well, I already know they’re female, if not very good. It’s nice-looking, but it’s most useful in situations where you want to smoke but don’t actually want to get high… meh. The Ghost Rose that hasn’t showed any sign of balls is still in the tent, the other one’s in male jail. These are 6 weeks from planting; @ReikoX, if I want to pollinate them, when should I be aiming for? Hopefully the answer isn’t two weeks ago. :stuck_out_tongue: I kinda think they’re gonna take 10-12 weeks in total though, the buds are still pretty small and could use a few more weeks to develop. I like them to get to about 30% amber, so a few more weeks to darken after developing should put them at about 12 weeks.

The other Ghost Rose, still in the closet. I picked off about 4-5 balls and haven’t seen any since; I’ll probably move her back into the tent if I still don’t see any in 3 more weeks. You said they usually either just throw a few balls or full-on herm, not much in-between? This seems to be the former, which is good. :slight_smile: Being careful, but keeping the light on in the closet is already getting annoying.

Still nothing on the GG4 or Fume, I doubt they’ll root now but I guess I’ll keep them in there until they’re flat-out dead. There’s one more cut of the Spirit Train cross in the middle, then cuts of Blueberry and Romulan seedlings interspersed. One of the Romulan seedlings died since last week, and the one in the bottom right corner doesn’t seem to be opening its cotyledons. Not sure what’s up with that. The other three are fine and starting to grow their second set of leaves. I’ll probably pot them up next week, for now they’re happy enough in the cloner.

The OST x ASS are downstairs in the flower room; I’m trying @ReikoX’s technique for sexing, but there’s already been a hitch. Yesterday night my friend turned a space heater on because it was “only” 73 in his room; to me, that seems decently warm, but he’s more comfortable at 80 and he was going to shower. Anyway, that overloaded the upstairs circuit which is powering the tent and the closet and probably shouldn’t be; the box is downstairs, so he turned the recessed lights on in the flower room to reset the circuit breaker. It was only for a minute at most, and they’re pretty weak, but they were on later than they should be. They got about 3 hours of dark, then a minute of weak light, and then 10 more hours of dark. I’m hoping it won’t be enough stress to cause herms, even for the GG4, but who knows; if it herms, it herms. My question is whether that’ll make a difference in getting the OST x ASS to show sex with two days of flower schedule, and whether I should keep them down there for three days instead or if it’ll be fine. As I understand it, the reason lights during the dark period stress them out is because it interrupts the florigen production; since the lights only flashed on and then off a minute later, do they do fine, or does getting any light at all stop florigen production for hours so it’ll be just as bad?

2 Likes

I like to pollinate around 5-6 weeks giving me 4-6 weeks to ripen the seeds.

In my experience that has been the case.

1 Like

Well, I looked it up myself since today it’s been two days and I should be moving them… or should I? I’m more confused than ever now; not only did I not find out whether florigen production stops from a minute of weak light, but now I’m not even sure anymore whether florigen exists at all, much less what it actually is or how it functions. Always good to do the research. It doesn’t seem like the scientific community at large understands florigen after 92 years of study, which makes this a bit tougher to discover in 2 hours on the computer in my underwear. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to assume this didn’t count as two days on flowering schedule yet and leave them down there for another day, I guess. The best I could find was clearly bro science, but it implied that turning the lights on even briefly “reset” the dark period. Of course, this is a bit dubious because if lights of any sort impeded flower completely, outdoor plants would never flower. Still, it seems safer to assume they didn’t get what they need and give them one more day; even if it’s three days on flower schedule, they should get back to normal growth relatively fine, I hope.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of florigen, but I’ve heard of phytochrome relating to flowering. Don’t ask me how any of it works though.

1 Like

Not certain either, but one more night shouldn’t hurt them.

2 Likes

Slacking again… nearly a month since I last updated, damn. Between waiting for them to show sex, and just being lazy, I’ve just kept putting it off. Anyway, they’ve kept growing and I haven’t transplanted or moved anything into flower, so now I’m starting to overgrow the tent. On top of that, it turns out that all three of the OST x ASS are female as well as the Spirit Train cross that I setup a manifold for and now have three clones. There’s also the two Foxtail Skunk, which are clones so they’re obviously female, and at least one of the Blueberry clones in the cloner is ready to be transplanted. That gives me… 9 guaranteed females in late veg, the two Ghost Rose mid-flower, three undetermined Romulans and the Blueberry clone still in very early veg. I was expecting to cull half of these, so it would be very cramped trying to flower these up here and I might have to change my plans for the basement. Anyway, enough rambling, here’s the group shot:

The Ghost Rose in the tent is drinking a lot more than the one in the closet, and I’ve slipped a bit on watering it so it’s not looking great. It’s also probably six inches taller than the one in the closet by now, though. It’s particularly droopy now since I took these pictures right before a feeding.

The first OST x ASS from @SkunkHunt101 is quite a bit stretchier than the other two; it was at least six inches taller than the other two so I chopped a bit more off the top and the two new tops are more developed than the other ones. I used a different technique for all of them this time though, taking cuts for cloning right from the top rather than pinching the growth tip or bending it down like usual. I’m wondering if the cuts will be more vigorous and root quicker since they’re from the top and full of growth hormones already. The other two are a lot more bushy and growing more symmetrical in terms of their tops, I think I like these phenos better as far as their growth habits. We’ll see how the buds turn out, still keeping cuts of all of them for now.

Three Romulans in early veg. Nothing to see here, can’t even get started sexing them yet. They didn’t develop as much as I was hoping in the cloner, and one of them never even opened its cotyledons then died three weeks later. They seem to be happier with some nutrients.

Two more Foxtail Skunk clones. The ones downstairs are going straight from harvest to extraction, because it’s just mediocre bud; decent yield though, and I took these two clones to test how well BBP worked for stimulating the cuts to root. The one that I sprayed with BBP is the smaller one, because it kept stalling out and the roots stopped developing every time I sprayed it; I finally stopped spraying it after three weeks and it started rooting normally. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. :man_shrugging: Anyway, this’ll probably be the last grow for them but I might as well finish them since they’re nearly two feet tall already.

Four of the Spirit Train cross (probably with Foxtail Skunk, but it could be Durban Freeze or one of the hermies) looking pretty good in veg. The cuts downstairs are showing pistils now, so they’re definitely female. If I were short on seeds this would be a much better technique, since it basically stretches the veg time by a month while sexing and setting up 3-4 clones. It’s clearly quicker to just grow them from seed, though I should probably start topping earlier and using that to sex rather than 12/12 for a few days.

The cloner; two of the Guerilla Fume cuts and one of the GG4 are still hanging on - 13 and 8 weeks respectively after cutting them, but not rooted and not finished revegging. I don’t think they’ll ever root, but until they die entirely I’ll keep them in here just in case. One of the Blueberry clones is fully rooted and ready to transplant, the other three are covered in callus and starting to root. They might all make it, but at least one should. Also three each of the OST x ASS, only in there for a few days.

5 Likes

Still no rooting… that seems so odd to me.

1 Like

I don’t get it either. I used to assume it was pretty much automatic if they stayed alive this long, but obviously not… like I said, I’m gonna try taking cuts from the top and see how that works. If I don’t have close to 100% success with that, I’ll give in and buy the IBA/NAA powder.

1 Like

Apparently it’s been a month since I updated. Most of the time I’ve had energy for anything growing-related, I’ve been remixing my soil; last mix I tried was too heavy without enough drainage, and I think that’s why I ended up with fungus gnats downstairs. I haven’t seen any sign of them lately since switching back to my old mix. Almost done, I have about 5 10g pots left to empty and mix with more drainage and then hopefully I’ll have more energy. I’ve managed to keep things moving in the meantime, though I’m definitely not doing any better on the overgrowing front. Right now I’ve got 6 females flowering downstairs, 3 Spirit Train crosses ready to move down there in a week, and the Romulans which I’ll probably top this weekend, transplant the next and move into flower two weeks from now. That’ll put the flower room pretty much at capacity for right now, and leave 4 Blueberry clones, 8-9 OST clones, the Blueberry x Durban Freeze which might end up male, and possibly 2 more Spirit Train clones up here to veg while they flower. They’re all starting out pretty small, so I guess I might manage if I don’t take any more clones or start any more seeds. Of course, I’m going to clone the Romulans when I put them into flower and I’m planning on starting at least one of the few GG4 RIL F2 seeds I’ve managed to collect to see if it’ll even germinate… knowing my luck, everything will root and end up female. :stuck_out_tongue: Not normally something I’d be complaining about, but lately everything’s seemed to be turning out female and I’m getting near 100% rooting on my clones after completely screwing the pooch on the GG4 and Fume. Awesome, and troublesome because I don’t think I’ll have room for everything and I was planning to shut the flower room down for renovation again after the last grow rather than moving 12 more females in. Anyway, you’ve listened to me ramble for a long time now, how about some pictures? Here’s the group shot:

3 of the Spirit Train crosses in 10g pots. They got roughed up a bit during transplant and lost a bunch of lower leaves from the root damage, but they’ve recovered and started growing again. They’ll be caged this weekend, then moved down to flower next weekend; they’re tall and thin, so I’m thinking I’ll end up bending the center stalk and tying it down to the top of the cage like I did with the Blueberry last grow, and the Foxtails downstairs last week. They’ve already reacted well to it.

3 clones of OST x ASS 2 - this one rooted all 3 earlier than the others, but another week has them almost 100% rooted across the board. 8/9 so far, and the one OST x ASS 1 that isn’t rooted has bumps all over the place. I may need to learn root pruning to keep mothers around rather than fully growing out the clones while I’m testing the smoke… or just pick up some hydro nutes to put in the cloner, which I guess would work fine too. That would make root pruning easy.

OST x ASS 3 - since the other two are looking pretty similar and this one is much stretchier with smaller buds so far, I’m thinking this is an Old Silversides leaner. This is the only one that was rooted last week, but the others are all ready now.

3 Romulans, still unsexed. I took clones and put them downstairs under 12/12 for sexing last week, so hopefully by next week I’ll know. I’m kinda getting femaleish vibes from all three though, based on the preflowers I can see. Not sure if I can see hairs yet, but they look triangular rather than rods and balls. We shall see. In the meantime, they’re getting big and I’ll be topping them this weekend, transplanting the next and then caging and flowering whatever turns out female.

Blueberry x Durban Freeze. Not liking how stretchy it is; the Durban Freeze was short and stout, and the Blueberry is stretchy but a mutant overall, so I’m not sure where this comes from.

4 Blueberry clones, a few weeks apart on their veg timeline. I can feel my attempts at planning an orderly shutdown for my flower room falling apart even now, 5-6 months before I attempt it. :stuck_out_tongue: I may need to learn to get better at intentionally killing plants for no good reason. On the plus side, I know a perfect way to do that - all I need to do is try really hard to come up with a better way to do things, and they’ll die! It’s bulletproof so far…

The cloner; I think I’ve already covered it, but yeah. The OSTs are looking pretty beat up, but rooted, so they should be fine and I’ll transplant them soon. Still need to mix up more soil, sigh. Two of the branches got broken off the Spirit Train crosses while they were being transplanted, so I dug them out of the soil after a half hour, rinsed them off and stuck them in the cloner. They seem to be doing fairly ok, a week later… we’ll see if they end up rooting. If not, I guess I’ll take more cuts from the other three before they go into flower next weekend, just to keep it around until I’ve finished flowering the first one. The Fume cuts are still alive, but still not rooted, unsurprisingly. I was starting to think the older one, 15 weeks off the plant and out of the fridge 10 weeks ago, was dead but then I saw there’s a growth tip pushing out from the top despite the complete lack of roots… and the stem being mostly stripped, and the algae growing on the stem. At this point it’s just morbid curiosity how long it’ll actually take for it to die, not any kind of hope that it’ll ever root. :frowning:

5 Likes