Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Do you really think it’s as bad as as “they” say it is?
Vids like that have been happening for awhile now…Remember the fake “Terrorist” video that the US Gov paid to produce? https://www.thedailybeast.com/pentagon-paid-for-fake-al-qaeda-videos

K.

1 Like

Yes that’s the best reasoning I can see for this, to reduce potential strain on the healthcare infrastructure. I guess it makes sense but it does seem somewhat overreactive to me.

Oh well I like getting high and staying at home so it works for me lol

4 Likes

5 lb cans!? Chef boyardee?! :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:
Brother - that wasn’t ‘edible’ when you bought it! Save it for barter.
:joy: :rofl:

Cheers
G

11 Likes

Sounds like my layoff is coming today… I’m “essential” but we arnt busy enough to make my wage lol.

8 Likes

If our medical system was running at 80%, not really a problem. Our system always runs at 100%, so an increase of 10% - 20% means people are without beds.

Flattening the curve the same amount of people will be infected over a longer period, just at a slower rate so our health care systems can handle it.

4 Likes

That sucks man, go online tomorrow and sign up for your Trudeaubux! :heavy_dollar_sign::canada::heavy_dollar_sign:

3 Likes

Oh I plan on it… also got a few tricks up my sleeve lol.

3 Likes

You’re free to start up your own anti-vaxxer thread. Put it in the Shark’s tank, though.

8 Likes

Empty beds don’t turn a profit. Death doesn’t affect the bottom line. This is just the reality of health run as a business. Anyone who’s worked at a really big company knows that the vision into the future is exactly one quarter ahead. There is no bigger picture. Accommodating events like this just can’t fit the model. It will never be profitable.

3 Likes

Our health care systems are government run, still the cost of empty beds would increase our already stressed system :slight_smile:

Temporary hospitals in schools could help and keep COVID-19 quarantined, surprised there’s nothing setup yet. Had to go to the clinic yesterday, they had a man sitting our in the rain and snow doing drive thru assessments instead.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: On the edge, too much Corona

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: On the edge, too much Corona

A post was merged into an existing topic: On the edge, too much Corona

Let’s lighten things up a bit. Everyone is under enough stress as it is.

13 Likes

If the lock down and destruction of our economy is is to not stress the healthcare system then why are hospitals sending nurses home? Read quite a few reports of this

4 Likes

Some reports I’d received from a Boston ER doctor had noted that they are overstaffed and that it was “quiet”. Nothing to do. That was two-three days ago.

Today, he reports that the ICUs are now filled at a couple of their sister hospitals around the Boston area. Not all filled or overburdened with plenty of capacity but traffic is starting to increase.

From some metrics he had, a number of front-line workers tested positive, as well. :frowning_face:

FWIW, Boston has a fairly large bed capacity per capita.

8 Likes

I think it’s important to distinguish between the “govt” and the Trump administration.
And even then there are powerful interests inside his admin that do their utmost to thwart him at every turn.
msm
entrenched civilian hold overs from previous admins
civilian members of the pentagon
all democrat congress/senate perps
most republicans too
federal judiciary

Whoever the patriots are that Q says are in control, … I haven’t seen them.

3 Likes

lol
I think he would have said “merde”, maybe some of our Quebecois could confirm?

2 Likes

Yeah I hope that’s the outcome of all of this… Better plans for the future. Like public buildings that get converted into care centers or something.

Sadly, I don’t think that’s the case. Watching the economic crash in 08 and seeing the failures of the economic system never get repaired… Seems doubtful this will change anything here. Too big to fail then is way too big to fail now.

4 Likes

The new Roman empire crashing down it seems

5 Likes