Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Yep unfortunately I am bro.

2 Likes

It looks like it is already spread all over, small number of cases so far
Looks like it spreads from infected to 2.5 others,
God help Us all/

4 Likes

I still have yet to see .5 a person. Do they mean vertically challenged?

2 Likes

I heard o negative blood types cannot get it. Hope thatā€™s true. Is this true? Is the boogaloo finally coming?

2 Likes

Captain Trips is here.

7 Likes

From Zerohedge
Summary

• Toronto health officials to announce first ā€˜presumptive caseā€™ of coronavirus in Canada
  • 1497 Cases Worldwide; 42 Deaths: 3% official mortality rate (SARS was 11%)
  • 18 Chinese cities - 56 million people - quarantined
  • President Xi said China faces a ā€˜grave situationā€™ as the spread is ā€˜acceleratingā€™
  • US and Russia planning evacuation of citizens from Wuhan
  • Australia and Malaysia join the list of global nations with nCoV cases, in addition to France, Pakistan, Singapore, the US and Nepal
  • Chinese President Xi Jinping empowered local governments and said teams from Beijing will be sent to severely impacted areas to strengthen front-line prevention and containment
  • The US and France chartered planes to evacuate diplomats and nationals in containment zones
  • The director of the CDC says she expects cases of human-to-human transmission in the US
  • China banned all domestic tour groups immediately and overseas group tours from Jan 27
  • Starbucks and China said they were closing some stores in China
  • Wuhan is building a second emergency hospital, this one with 1300 beds
  • 3 doctors in Beijing who visited Wuhan are confirmed to have the virus
6 Likes

That 3 percent mortality rate coupled with long incubation is super scary

5 Likes

Whatā€™s the incubation period on this one, 7 days?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve read incubation period was 3 to 14 days

5 Likes

Apparently the long incubation period results in swift progression of the disease once symptoms appear.
That would explain people dropping in place.

Iā€™ve had pneumonia before - hit me hard and fast, uncontrollable shaking, bloody coughing,ā€¦relentless.

Best of luck to everybody and if you have extra $ best stock up with some staples, food, water, tp, gloves, masks, bleach wipes, etcā€¦
Some Chinese cities are experiencing severe food shortages too.

4 Likes

Maybe thatā€™s the virus not a disinfectant.

5 Likes

Donā€™t believe ANYTHING you read at ZeroHedge. Nothing but Russian trolls there. Truth mothafuka.

3 Likes

They say that they have a vaccine to avoid Panic.

That vaccine is called INDICA.

9 Likes

In a time of turmoilā€¦I am sure cannabis seeds would be worth more than goldā€¦Very fitting profile pick for this conversation haha.

K.

2 Likes

From Scarborough, home of Sars outbreak a decae ago. Funny you shoudl mention the blood type thing. The TALK around here was that SARS was especially virilent among orientals. The onlywhite people infected were the doctor and a nurse at Centenary hospital (front line workers). All the other cases were orientals apparently infected by airborne virus. I dunno,maybe some truth to that, locally mutated gene,like similarity of victims body chemistry, or genetics??? It is a bit crowded over there? Wouldnā€™t trust the Chinese govā€™t. Probably trying to come up with a Hong Kong specific virusā€¦just sayinā€™.

5 Likes

Fear Fear Fear to separate us and decimate us :wink: Deep State!

But have no Fear all will be good one fine day :heart:

6 Likes

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by the SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV), an RNA virus. The original SARS outbreak in the winter of 2002 to 2003 infected >8,000 individuals worldwide, with a fatality rate of 10% (292). Like other human coronaviruses, SARS-CoV infects the mucosal epithelium, causing an acute respiratory illness often accompanied by gastroenteritis. In a Hong Kong outbreak, there was an apparent association between disease transmission and ABO type (293). An epidemiology study of 34/45 hospital workers who contracted SARS after exposure to a single index patient showed that most of the infected individuals (23/34) were non-group O individuals (groups A, B, and AB). Group O individuals were relatively resistant to infection, with an OR of 0.18 (95% CI, 0.04 to 0.81; P = 0.03) This is a small excerpt from the US gov national disease reporting agency giving relevance to the specificity of this disease away from type ā€˜Oā€™ blood types. Not fear-mongering,just discussing heres a link, it focusses on blood types and their link to communicable diseaseshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4475644/

6 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-a-map-timeline/vi-BBZiQM1

6 Likes

OK now for a little humor to break the tensionā€¦
I heard there were big discounts on
Growlights and vape pens from overseas.

5 Likes

I feel like history shows us these things exist. Black Plague, Spanish Flu, Chlorea, Darwin, etc.

This some stoner shit to believe this is a hoax.

Everything around us is evolving and so are the things that kill us. Would be stupid to think otherwise.

First you had staph, then you had methicillin resistant staph, and now we got vancomycin resistant staph.

9 Likes