Cortisone Injection Anyone?

Well I have been a Orthopedic Nurse for over 20 years, knees and hips are my specialty… but orthopedics in general is what I have dealt with my whole career. @LED_Seedz is correct, Cortisone does not do anything but degrade the joint…that’s why there is a limit per joint per lifetime.

Its usually offered to those who don’t press hard on the fact that shoulder pain hurts worse than a twisted and knotted cock…with that being said any doc that doesn’t offer a corty shot 1st is a piece of shit…

Lots of issues can be solved permanently by a massive direct injection into the joint capsule…that’s another little fact they fail to include…when they hit you with the freezing spray to numb you up [the most common size needle is a 18x4 for that joint…that’s an 18G x 4 inches…its big and scares folks a lot…but doesn’t hurt any different than a normal IM injection…until you get to the joint capsule…when the doc delivers the meds the pressure will feel like he ripped your arm off for a brief second…then you will be sore for a few days…but it will immediately relieve most if not all of the pain…but it will come back lots worse a few weeks later…so yes, get a thin slice MRI and a good shoulder doc…

There are not many of them and once you let one in on your shoulder it is either fixed for fucked for life…there is no going back in and fixing by the same or another surgeon. Shoulders are by far the most difficult joint in the body to work… its fully free floating with only muscles for support…unlike every single other joint in your body that is supported by bone…shoulders are very complex and very different…hope all goes well for you both …I’ll keep you and PJ in my thoughts…really serious issue you both face, :peace:

9 Likes

Already had the reflux, though it is probably the NSAIDS that gave it to me (Blew out my knee at 16 so took them for a loooooong time before the back). No bloating or gas but a few intestinal ulcers (thankfully have cleared up since stopping the mega doses). Still actually have to take them, sometimes, when it’s real bad and the weed isn’t getting rid of all of it, but it’s minor league compared to before. I also have switch some to Tylenol, but have to watch that for liver damage. The cortisone shots really help, not only for pain but for range of motion and inflammation. Like I said, though, as you approach the time for the next shot, it will decrease in effectiveness and they will only give you a certain amount in a given time frame (I think it’s 6 or 8 shots in three years).

1 Like

Thanks for the advice bro and yeh i kind of got that this wasn’t something to be taken lightly and that it could have it’s own complications. I will now ask for more details and press them about the MRI because they have not mentioned doing any scans yet although a request has been submitted for the procedure. Thanks also for the good wishes pal it looks like we are going to need them :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that bro, we all take things for granted until they go wrong eh. Have you tried a high CDB strain for pain relief? It’s certainly showing promise but it’s no magic bullet for serious problems. Anyway it’s late here now and i’m off to bed, maybe i’ll get a few hours sleep before this stuff wears off :thumbsup:

…fwiw, my veterinarian treated one of my dogs unnecessarily with it and nearly killed him. :stuck_out_tongue:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

All the things I have been reading say to go toward balanced rather than high CBD. Just finished a CBD Hash from Seedsman that is 9/9 (well had 5 plants, but only one survived). Don’t smoke any more so I am going to make a small amount of vape juice and some oil and see which works better. Before that I had Auto industrial Plant (also from Seedsman) that wa 2.5 to 1 CBD, and that is what I have been using, along with some Suzie Q from the dispensary. That didn’t work so well.

I just started some of the Lowryder x La Diva I got from @ReikoX (thank you again BTW if you’re reading this) and think that may work as well being balanced.

Have you had other results from other strains?

BTW - Sleep is the biggest problem I have too.

1 Like

@cannabissequoia, treated the dog with what, cortisone?

Well… it’s painful, but only for one second of your lifetime. You are already in pain so why not? I’ve had one in my back before many years ago and it helped. On another note… Bruce Lee died from the over use of cortisone. So use it sparingly. ie…don’t use it all the time or as a complete cure. I would get some sort of MRI as well. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

yes, or variant. he was developing wart like growths on & between his toe-pads. thankfully it all passed & we enjoyed another 10 years or so together. :thumbsup:

really sorry to hear there’s several guy dealing with this… can i ask if you injured it in some way or is it just degeneration with age or something?? i’ll have to take good care of my shoulders

2 Likes

I would have thought they could have just frozen them off just like us, or at a minimum just cut them off. Glad to hear he was okay. If someone did that to my buddy, I don’t think I could restrain myself (way too hot a temper).

1 Like

I damaged my shoulder about a year and a half ago. I took on a job that involved re-slating a restaurant and bar roof in late autumn. It cleared up for a while but came back to haunt me a few months ago. It’s my left side and that’s the side i usually sleep on.

We looked into this and my mrs has been in contact with the ganja queen (carla) in Alaska for some years now. She insists on using balanced ratios too and i think she has a good point.
A friend grew Serious Seeds CBD Chronic about a year ago and it did work as a mild pain killer/sedative but the levels are quite low at roughly 6% each THC/CBD.
https://www.seriousseeds.com/cannabis-seeds/cbd-chronic

The OG Kush CBD is roughly 10% THC/CBD and is looking promising.

I’ve always been a bit of an insomniac and have used cannabis since the mid 1980s as an alternative to alcohol and to help me sleep. I used to always prefer mostly indica strains but i’m nearing 50 now and i’m getting into strains with more sativa for daytime and evening use. I don’t have that much energy now at the best of times :grin:

My pal who grew the CBD chronic is growing a CBD Charlotte’s Angel just now but the advise we’re getting is that very high CBD to low THC ratios could possibly cause psychosis in a lot of people.

1 Like

I looked into CBD Chronic a while back, but thought I wanted a little higher level of each. I also looked at the OG Kush CBD. Had a friend who got his hands on some Kush in the 80’s and grew it out for years. It was pretty much all we smoked and I thought it would be nice to go back, but of course what we had back then wouldn’t even compare to what is here today. I ended up going with CBD Hash from Seedsman. It is a little less than the OG, but I figured it would make a better oil and vape liquid, taste wise. I am thinking I made a good choice as during the cure I am getting nothing but ripe fruit and lemon. I just wish I had more of it but I only got 18g out of the one plant I was able to save (spent much of my life growing veggies and have had some pests but I have NEVER gone against any thing like those fucking mites!!!). I guess it’s enough to make some oil, that I want to try on my father and some vape for me, to try. have a few more seeds if it works well.

I also got a Chemdawg mix that is high CBD from Greenpoint on 4/20 as a testor. hope to get them started shortly (had to finish the hash and clean the HELL out of my grow area… I think I used a gallon of bleach for the 3 x 3 x 8 area… hopefully I got all the little bastards!!) Though not even it seems like it might be effective as well. Going to do some in my new homemade aeroponic setup and some in coir, see which comes out better.

1 Like

I’ve had them in my knee joints. It’s a painful process to go through but once it’s over you notice more or less instantly the difference it makes. When I had mine done I was told to try and keep off my feet for a week minimum but that wasn’t a possibility as I was still working my trade at the time. The thing is its only a temporary solution. I managed about 6 weeks before the pain was back to its original state. Maybe it would have lasted longer if I’d abided by what the doctor suggested. Now I’m looking for an alternative that is more long term. Hopefully they get you fixed up :+1:

1 Like

A good hash plant was usually a nice enough sedative even without breeding for high CBD. That sounds like a nice plant and it should be potent as an oil. Good luck and hopefully it’ll do the job for you. All this sharing of results will hopefully help others too.
I take it the Borg assimilated your last grow? you have my sympathy bro, i know what they can do in a surprisingly short time and just how hard they are to properly get rid of.
Wonder if there’s a market for neem oil grenades :grin:

Thanks pal i hope they can sort this but i’m still hoping it’ll settle down before i get the appointment. The thought of the steroid doing long term harm to my shoulder joint is not helping either. Maybe i should insist on having an MRI scan done before letting them inject the cortisone. I cant see how they could have enough information about the damage otherwise. My mrs also has damaged knees so i have a fair idea of how it’ll be affecting you. Shes finding some relief from high-ish CBD strains, it takes the edge off the pain without messing up her stomach like the codeine based junk the medical profession prescribes for her.
Good luck bro, hopefully you will soon find something that helps you :thumbsup:

1 Like

…re CBD strains…
i have 2 plants at wk2 flowering of Remedy(aka Z7)… plan to let you all know what i think ASAP. (also going to pollinate one with RedCherryBerry)

it’s CBD parentage is the Cannatonic[ Updated Information: We are happy to announce that we can finally and officially clear up the controversy of the mess that was the lineage of our CBD queen, Cannatonic. Not MK-Ultra x G13 as we assumed before, we now know that the real genetics of Cannatonic are Reina Madre x NYCD. --Cannatonic/ResinSeeds] apparently.

1 Like

Good luck! that sounds promising bro :thumbsup:

1 Like

…i don’t see the CBD Crew as having it available anymore. here’s the dispensary/nursery my clone came from:

https://darkheartnursery.com/strains/remedy-cbd-2/

i think my hybrids might be more enjoyable for smoking…with that 28-1 CBD-THC ratio… but only time & testing will show. :wink: that’s a year out for us.

2 Likes