Cortisone Injection Anyone?

Thanks man. Yeah I’m gonna grow some high cbd on my next grow. Something with really minimal thc. I plan on medicating my dog as she has hip displacement. I was advised to just grow hemp but i feel that is doesn’t have enough cbd content being only around 4%. I’ve decided to bite the bullet and pay the £30 for three Charlotte’s angel seeds. The cbd content is in the 20s and thc is well below 1. I can but try.

2 Likes

I don’t think one cortisone shot is dangerous. It has value as an experiment, if it doesn’t do anything the problem is not inflammation. I don’t think 1 or 2 shots will degenerate the joints. If you get 3 a year for years I would worry.

I read a story about Joe Montana the NFL quarterback - he had major back problems and other injuries. In one playoff game late in his career, he said he had 25 injections into his torso at halftime!!! Gives you an idea what some of the pro athletes are going through.

3 Likes

Yes, they “assimilated” 4 of the 5 hash plants. I was able to save 1. Got a product called Mite Massacre, which is supposedly non toxic (to us that is). It worked great, and if I had used it earlier, they might have ended up like the end of ST 8… LOL

2 Likes

Cheers bro i’m probably being alarmist but if you knew our history of misdiagnosis…
They misdiagnosed my partner as having epilepsy and put her on keppra. Even when she begged them to take her off it they wouldn’t. It totally changed her personality, gave her far more seizures and made her suicidal. Eventually after 7 years and us almost being destroyed they actually did some proper hospital based tests - and ruled out epilepsy! They labeled her as having NEED. Non Epileptic Attack Disorder which they have no chemicals for. She had much less seizures though, especially when using weed. Then she got really ill last year and lost over 2 stone. They did some tests and ruled out her heart although she had neck, arm and jaw pain. In February this year she had a heart attack and nearly died.

It turns out she had an overactive thyroid all that time which caused the original seizures. It went so long untreated that she now apparently has Graves Disease. Thing is her mother has an overractive thyroid and her aunt an underactive. They diagnosed her aunts underactive thyroid in the 1960s ffs.

If i was as incompetent at my job people would drown and i’d be rightly sued. She does have a solid case and has been told so but she wont litigate and probably couldn’t cope with the stress of doing so.

Meanwhile i’m trying to work part time and look after her, with a knackered shoulder. When it rains, it pours down eh :anguished:

3 Likes

your medical system sounds as bad as the USA! It has nearly destroyed my body. Very sorry about your wife’s troubles. I’m not surprised they didn’t do a routine check of thyroid hormones, here in the US they don’t like doing low-cost, common-sense things in medicine either.

A lot of modern synthetic chemicals are endocrine (thyroid) disrupters - plasticizers, flame retardents, pesticides, formaldehyde and many others.

3 Likes

Yeh i hear you bro. Dont get me wrong, i am grateful for our NHS, i had major life saving surgery at the start of my 40s which i was told would cost close to 3/4 of a million in the US :astonished:

I was looking through the regs for passive modern homes quite recently and the majority of modern home materials are banned. Chipboard, laminates, most paints and floor coverings etc the list of chemicals that off-gass in out homes is astonishing.

I fancy a remote log cabin more and more as i get older :grin:

2 Likes

I know it’s an odd source, but I was listening to Joe Rogan’s podcast once, and he was talking about shoulder injuries. I’d had a perpetually grinding/clicking shoulder for almost 10 years (it still clicks once in awhile but it’s almost gone, and no residual pain the next day if it clicks now), and heard him talking about how he’s got the money for stem cell treatments,cortisone and physio, and the only thing that fixed his shoulder was hanging. He spoke with a physiotherapist who had some idea that since we’re descended from primates, perhaps our shoulder muscles need more exercise than they get just from holding crap, turning a steering wheel and waving goodbye. He prescribed him with daily 5-15 minute stretches of just hanging off a bar, and recommended he stay away from surgery unless something is broken. Not even chin ups, just hanging. I tried it, I only do 3-5 mins a day because I’m busy but I swear it’s worked, my grip is better and my shoulder can do a full rotation now without jolting me with pain. It was getting so bad I couldn’t open a jar of pickles.

5 Likes

That is interesting, i’ve heard of folk hanging like that to help with back problems but not shoulder ones. Cheers bro I’ll give that a go if it doesn’t send me through the roof :thumbsup:

1 Like

When I started I couldn’t lift my arms above my shoulders either it was so bad. I had to put my hands on the monkey bars at a park and lower my body to get my arms up. I thought “I’m only 42, I don’t want to be asking my kids to open jars until I have white hair at least.” lol

3 Likes

Good on you for finding a fix without involving quacks and surgical procedures :thumbsup:
Most of our ailments seem to be caused by our modern lifestyles. Bad diets, lack of proper exercise, poor posture etc.
We could probably learn from the Chinese but i wont be exercising at 5am in a park, eating locusts or sleeping on a pallet any time soon :grin:

3 Likes

Physical therapy is totally under-regarded, IMO.

Thanks for this tip, passing it on to my parents. :older_man: vs. :older_woman: hehe

(notice the mustache masks old man’s frown?) hehe :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

It all depends. I did 12 weeks (2x a week) for the back and it didn’t do anything. Actually I can’t say that, it allowed me to sit up… sometimes.

1 Like

I learned recently that Chlorophyll is an anti-inflammatory.

Also potatoes and other members of the nightshade family, like tomatoes, aggravate inflammation.

2 Likes

and I heard it’s a laxative as well (Ethan Russo, ‘Shaping Fire podcast’)…which explains why the :dog2: dog eats it… :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

after you get the cortizone shot be prepared to stay awake all night that whats happens to me any way.i hate shots too. it was not a terrible pain again it was not in shoulder in my hip good luck.

2 Likes

I’m highly allergic but I have been told I need them for my replaced knee, and rheumatoid arthritis. I cant take it. And I heard once you get one you’ll need to keep getting them, is that true?

I didn’t get one in the end, read too many reports about the damage that stuff can do to the joint it’s injected into. I did a few exercises but really it just took time (months) to heal itself. I also read about people having it done repeatedly, makes me shudder tbh but i’m no doctor so if you cant cope and that’s what’s being recommended…i’d try to get another opinion first though.

Good luck with whatever course you take :+1:

1 Like

I’m allergic to steroids…

1 Like

Think i’d swerve it if i possibly could. Not sure exactly how effective it would be in an artificial joint either but like i said i’m no doctor.

@Pawsfodocaws
Can you take heavy duty NSAIDSs? high dose anti inflammatory drugs like voltarol taken orally might be a better alternative. You could also try acupuncture, see if someone can disrupt the pain pathways…wish i could help more bro.

1 Like

Hi guys and gals
I also have a bad shoulder and canna cream high in thc and cbd is a big help but you need to apply a few times a day iam adding edibles so far it helps
Paps

3 Likes