Covid19 and it's effect on shipping time

It must be nice to be optimistic.

Wouldn’t call it optimism, more realism than anything. Nothing can continue to lose that much money and stay operational. Especially in the midst of this madness we’re dealing with right now. The government doesn’t generate any money, it takes it. I for one am dammed tired of working my ass off for my money to be taken and then wasted by some moron in a suit that has never had a job in their life and been in government for 30+ years and then blame the current puppet in the white house for their failures. I’m over paying $1000+ USD a week in taxes to see it pissed away on some dammed pet project of some detached from reality asshole from either side of the wooden nickel called government. They can’t change the existing golden pensions that are costing more and more every year so the have to do something. Layoffs, lesser pensions for new hires, swap to a hybrid fleet over a few years, stand up to the unions to be able to fire lazy/incompetent personnel, end the bulk mail discounts for big business. If I have to pay .42 for a stamp so can cooperate America, might cut down on the dammed junk mail. There is a lot that can be done to turn the tide and possibly make them profitable, which they can’t by law so the overages could go to veteran employment training, or trade school scholarships. Go from being a burden to tax payers to providing a little help.

Yep, that’s what will happen. And then my taxes won’t go up the next time there’s a “cut” too. Nothing but rainbows and unicorns from here.

3 Likes

Im no way a supporter of gov. With that said trump battle states are experiencing a huge covid increase…lol…Florida just made it so 1million cant vote lol…the cdc and almost every state, has been counting other deaths as covid deaths…fox 35 in florida has investigated the 3528 covid positves in one day as bullshit. The state health dept is claiming numbers alot higher as positive than there really are…i heard in minnesota the dept of health sent a 7 page memo to Drs encouraging them to list deaths as covid deaths even if they had no symptoms or a positive screening done…lol…this is un agenda 21 Hegelian dialectic shit…lmfao…people have no clue…there will be either a race war or a holocaust in the USA…mark my words ladies and gents

1 Like

:alien: :skull_and_crossbones:

The USPS is a tricky problem that won’t ever get fixed but also won’t ever go away. There’s too many jobs to be lost. No politician would ever be caught signing anything to get rid of the post office and make that many people unemployed.
The union also won’t stand by and let them get rid of the mass of dead weight. The only chance at fixing it that way would take decades. They would literally have to do a massive hiring drive now, basically bloat the system for the next 5-10 years and then cut all hiring for 5-10 years until they finally had enough dead weight cut to begin new hires again under a new smaller stream lined system.

The postal service was never meant to be a money maker - the service delivers mail to every address, no matter where it is located, even remote areas. The postage is meant to offset the cost of mail, but if you think that the total cost for you to send a letter to anywhere in the USA, even Alaska, Hawaii, American Samoa, Puerto Rico is covered by the 55 cents you pay then you are delusional. The USPS is filled with hard-working people, and they are not the problem. Unfortunately the postal service HAS become a political issue lately. It is a necessary and vital part of our infrastructure in the USA.

4 Likes

In order to be a patriot one must not fund essential services. It’s in the constitution.

My mail/packages tend to arrive a little more slowly these days but they do show up.

3 Likes

By law it can’t make money. The thing is they do bulk mail for large corporations at under 20 per piece, that is losing them tons. You are right about the dead weight and then not being able to get rid of them because of the union. The postal union knows we can’t get rid of the post office so they have all the power. What needs to happen is the American people say no more golden pensions and not being able to be fired for being lazy/unproductive and let them strike for a while. Let em get hungry and actually come to the table and actually negotiate instead of demand demands demand or we’ll strike. I say strike until you starve or are willing to actually negotiate. Freeze all raises until they are solvent again without a rate increase on the public. End the cheap as deals for junk mail and actually get paid to do the work instead of another hand out to corporate America on the backs of tax payers

1 Like

And what’s more now the chinese are sending unsolicited packages of seeds :sweat:, then we ask ourselves why our packages don’t arrive … frusty2|nullxnull

Just so everybody’s aware, the current Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy, has already mandated that there can be no more overtime. A typical day delivering mail takes nine and a half hours. Meaning that every day, an hour and a half’s worth of mail isn’t delivered. So, for instance, on day two, the previous day’s undelivered mail has to be delivered, on top of that day’s mail as well. And that’s happening every day. So by the end of a week, you’ve got nine hours worth of work that was never done. Add in a shortage of workers and extrapolate that over days, weeks, months etc. and you have our current situation. Anybody who’s planning on voting by mail better get their ballot in by the second week of October.

Leave it to fat Donald to politicize the friggin’ post office…

5 Likes

In fairness to the post master general Trump made the call and mandated her to get rid of all OT.
Regardless of politics the PO system needs a complete overhaul and a way to get away from the union.

1 Like

Odd, my sister in law was just here picking up her kids. She is a USPS letter carrier and her shift is from 9am-9pm, six days a week. Lots of overtime still going down at the Service.

1 Like

yeah this seems to be area specific so it may be regional postmasters are saying ‘I can’t store it if you do it that way’ and getting it out .Mail at distribution centers is slowing Any first class tracked goes thru Detroit is on a 2 day delay atm First class mail used to go anywhere except Alaska, Hawaii in 2 days

Peoples medicine is backing up they say at some outlets that are sending out mail …not getting picked up

“I am sick to my stomach,” the worker said. “How can the United States Postal Service deny the pickup of outgoing mail for any customer — let alone a pharmaceutical company that is mailing medication?”

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/29/894799516/pending-postal-service-changes-could-delay-mail-and-deliveries-advocates-warn

had a good spend last couple of months everything online not had any problems anything going be late i had good information, was well pleased with mars hydro in the usa i’m in the uk, told me about 22nd july then i had an email saying they were out off stock and would be the end of july, then i received an email saying on the way 2 days later 21st july it was here

Sure blame the post office losing billions a year for the last 20 years on the guy that just got in office lol. Something has to be done about the constant losses. Since the union won’t allow the lazy to be fired the cuts have to some from somewhere unless you just like wasting money on something that was supposed to and can pay for itself

Hey Limbaugh…you still smoking those non-cancerous cigars?

it is a service. not a business.

Deborah Arnold, a 72-year-old retired teacher who lives in Lee’s Summit, said she began receiving prescriptions through the mail to cut down on potential exposure to COVID-19.

“Two of them are eye drops that prevent the worsening of my glaucoma and possible blindness, so not going to stop those!“ she said in an email. “Without USPS I’ll be forced to weigh vision vs illness (possibly leading to death). Not a very acceptable choice

https://www.courier-tribune.com/story/news/local/2020/04/23/postal-service-collapse-could-devastate-seniors-small-businesses-rural-areas/112321304/

3 Likes

There are other shipping options and most of the time cheaper so no she wouldn’t have to do that. We definitely need them, but we also need the USPS to stop bleeding money

Well, the guy who just got into office (three and a half years ago) DID appoint DeJoy, who’s only qualification is that he’s a donor to fat Donald’s campaign. In addition to that, DeJoy has considerable amounts of money invested in companies that are direct competitors of the USPS. So, ya know, there’s that. Nothing corrupt about that at all.

2 Likes

Considering by law the USPS is the only entity that can handle mail in the states there is no direct competition. They only gave competition in shipping packages which they suck at and are more expensive. I’m going you are ok with the USPS losing 7 billion a year on average for the last 2 decades? I’m guessing it’s shocking to put people that have experience in a field in charge of something we should never do that to make sure every govt entity runs as inefficient and wasteful as possible. It’s either trim the waste or the service will collapse under it’s own weight. There was a reason they were made to fun pensions 75 years into the future.