Covid19 and it's effect on shipping time

No business can service all rural routes in America it would not be profitable. There are routes to clusters of mailboxes to places all over America to places UPS or FedEx never get to. It won’t be business profitable to serve them. So you are going to recommend they no longer get mail? They don’t want the mail business. Not all of it; just the bulk transport depots and a bit of the pie for every piece.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why they have no direct competition. Not only that they are the only ones to be able to handle mail period. So freaking out oh orange man gonna give the mall to FedEx or UPS lol lit can’t happen. If we don’t fix the broken ass system we won’t have to worry about some Jack ass in slacks and shiny shoes killing it, it will die on it’s own. If someone wanted to end the post office they wouldn’t have to get the laws changed, just stop one bail out to cover it’s losses and it’s gone for good.
I don’t want to see the USPS gone, the exact opposite in reality. Nothing can exist forever with constant losses.
You think the other carriers want bulk mail? You’re insane. The post office looses big on bulk mail. Bulk mail only pays .08-.19 per piece. When .55 for a stamp doesn’t cover the cost of a piece of mail then why in the hell would anyone want anything that pays less than half that?
The losses have to stop or we will lose it

over and over there have been posted articles explaining why the losses have occurred. The USPS is being asked to finance health insurance for it’s retirees for the next 75 years due to legislation that goes back to the Bush administration. Meanwhile the gov’t siphoned those req’d funds off for other financial burdens. Now the Trump admin is tying strings to the relief package Congress legislated they receive.

All in a pandemic and just before an election in which America gets to say " You’re fired! " but his pink slip will likely come thru the mail.

2 Likes

And now states have to pay 55 cents to get their mail-in ballots to voters, as opposed to their normal 20 cent bulk rate. Just announced today. Is it me, or does it seem odd that rates would almost triple a few months before the election?

2 Likes

There should be no discount for bulk, that’s part of the reason they lose billions every year. There should be no mass mail in ballots period. To succeptable to fraud and added expense

Drinking the tea hard today lol the president said Florida was ok to send in mail ins…must be the only state he’s polling good in :wink:. Just fucking with you Trip

3 Likes

Lol it’s all good. Elections are a farce anyway. I can’t believe an $8 flat rate box costs 46 to send to Canada WTF! Looks like I need to repack and send it in a letter for $3 lol

1 Like

Yeah fuck that jazz

1 Like

Be there last trade I make with a Canadian lol that is unless you have something bad ass

Do you use pirateship.com for usps shipping? If not you’re just paying too much for mail.

I rarely use the USPS because they are inept. Good to know there are whole websites dedicated to helping them lose more of my tax money

Doubt more tax money will be spent on the failing USPS system.

Here in Canada a fellow OG’er sent me a cbd cutting via CanadaPost tracking. Shipped froma 5-6 hour drive away
Promised to be there within 3 days, took 1 full week to actually show. Monday to the next Monday. Shipped Monday, promised on Wed.
Im also waiting on beans purchased thru Strainly heading from Cali to Ontario Canada. Seller claims they shipped on July 16, nothing yet (unless the seller burned me). Seller has offered to re-send with tracking.
Its all kinds of fucked up, the mail system is right now. Especially sending cuttings thru is a pain in the ass.

1 Like

In Canada it is wise to use CanadaPost shipping, even tho it sux.
CP requires a warrant to open any mail in its system, whereas Purolater, UPS etc packages can be opened w/o warrant. A good thing to keep in mind when choosing a shipper in Canada.
pecae.

Mail-in voting is “too susceptible to fraud”? Yeah, okay, I see where you’re coming from now. You have a problem with shipping rates. I get it. But to say the entire USPS should be abolished because you don’t like paying the money is absurd. And to say voting by mail is rife with opportunities for fraud is flat-out wrong. People have been voting by mail literally since the United States has existed. If you have the time, I’d encourage you to watch this video from John Oliver about just how “susceptible to fraud” voting by mail actually is. It’s kind of a long video, but worth it.

I wouldn’t take any, non funny, late night crap comedian’s word as fact. They all have a corrupt DNC dog in the fight.

1 Like

Where do you get I have a problem with the rates? Other than the big corps shouldn’t get a break on bulk mail lol. The rate for an $8 box to go to Canada is insane for a single pack of beans bub lol you gonna pay that to ship free seeds? Didn’t think so. Mail in voting has been around forever yes, but not on the mass scale they are talking about. To say it’s not succeptable to fraud is just being blind. In the last few months several have already been arrested for ballot fraud. Multiple states have already mailed ballots to everyone on the rolls when in the past you had to request one and verify address. A friend of mine got 3 for previous tenants of his place one of which died. People think the mail being slow is to mess with mail in ballots is laughable. I’m guessing all the postal service on the rest of the globe are just playing along and making their stuff late as well? There is no rhyme or reason to how long something takes. I recently got packages that arrived before the delivery date, and some that are still floating in the ozone layer apparently. All depends on who if working when your stuff goes through considering the USPS can’t fire the lazy ones.

1 Like

Where do I get that you have a problem with shipping rates? You’ve been complaining about shipping rates in almost every post of yours. You complained about the cost of shipping to Canada literally two sentences after you asked that question. Self-awareness is a good thing. And with that, I’m out. Done with this conversation. Best of luck to you, bub.

My complaints about the rates are the discounts lol ok am entity that’s losing billions shouldn’t be giving discounts to big corporations and then try and make it up on the back of regular people

1 Like