Cradle to grave. Seeds, clones, STS, germination and more

That’s the point and why i’m so radical about it; i work it in parralel lines (there are 6) and the work on it is sequential. It avoid any subjective qualification than is purely quantitative. Each line use a different initial P1 couple in a 4way program. So, i truly maintain and preserve it since years and sacrify a lot of space for her no matter what and where. Continuously.

The real number of specimens i’m talking about is just not decent to write here, and it doesn’t take in count the number of hybrids i’ve made with it. Only to affirm than the ST#3 don’t carry any autoflowering trait is not decent, and by extension the initial ST. And i don’t like that at all, yes. I don’t want than this blood encounter the same problematic than most of valuable classics today : i prefer it totally unknown and private rather than bad know and promised to be extinguished this way.

And if ever you ask me why it’s so much difficult to make a solid fem line with the SPG, i can also answer to this. But it’s not my concern here.

Damn healthy plant, all her leaves are still green. I can’t wait to see her finished @Gaz29, so I can see what to look forward to. How long are you Flowering her for?

It is gonna be Chocolate Kush. I’ll feminize some seeds with it. The next grow after that will be the Colombian Black landrace seeds. Beyond that, I am undecided.

2 Likes

Not an autoflower breeder, so can’t say for sure. But yes, I’d expect the trait would make the strain easier to breed into an autoflower type. -b420

2 Likes

My son came up Thursday for his bachelor party and to change the exhaust system on his truck so he could drive back to Florida. It was good having him around for a while, but he had to leave already early this afternoon since he doesn’t ever drive straight through when he is alone and he can’t afford to stay longer either.

I sent him home with 3.5 oz. of Divyder, 3.0 oz. Sweet Tooth 4, .75 oz. of Durban x Cali-O, .75 oz. of (Durban Thai-Highflyer) x C99, and 3.5 oz. of my Purple. That was just under .75 lb. It was all grown out since he moved to Florida at the end of May. I kept only half ounce each of Divyder, Sweet Tooth 4, and my Purple. I’ve just harvested my (BC Mango x BC Night Nurse) x Diesel Moonshine, green phenotype. I also have 2 Divyder, 2 Chuy Purps x Second Sight and my 1st OG Kush that will be done in the next 30 days.

Speaking of OG Kush, P116 and P117 (OG Kush clones) both went into Flowering today. It was actually too early for the P117 as she is only 6" tall, but I need the space in Veg to put my 9 XJ Medley seedlings there, so it had to move today as well.

I am putting them into the Maleroom until it is needed for male plants. By then, at least my first OG Kush (P100) will have been harvested if not the Chuy Purps x Second Sight as well. Moving P116 & P117 in there will make 6 plants under the HPS and that is my limit before I start wasting potential yield.

These clones have been touchy to get through propagation. They took pretty long to root and then plateaued for weeks after initial planting for over a week each. P116 is looking fantastic, now, and growing like a weed. P117 just rose above her plateau a few days ago and is growth mode. I planted P117, the survivor from the 2nd pair of cuttings I tried to root, in an 8" pot instead of stopping in a 6" pot for 2 weeks.

Edit: forgot to add pics
Edit 2: put start of OG Kush update in bold text

2 Likes

My F2 Divyders are coming along great. They are 30 days from harvest.

I noticed P111, the taller one, has a different structure to its flowers than its shorter sister. P110 flowers seem to be denser, the pistils are closer together and more abundant.

P110 already has many pistils that have turned, I’ll need to check for amber trichomes earlier on this one.

I’ll enjoy finding out how the yields compare for weight and buzz, as well as taste and fragrance. I think I like the more stretchy structure of P111 because it seems provide a better lighting for its lower flowers. This is my 3rd grow of these darlin’s. The important things seemed the same between the tall and short plants of the 1st 2 grows. The taller phenos did produce the most yield, but, to be fair, I did completely seed the short plant from my first grow of them, so this short pheno should give me better results to use for comparison.

3 Likes

— Sweet Tooth 4 —
I moved the Sweet tooth plants back into the main Flowering room to leave the Maleroom free for the OG Kush clones. My Flowering room is nicely filled now.

I trimmed the hell out of the bottom of the stalk where the larger branches originate. These had been very busy down there from going back to Veg from Flowering (I took these cuttings on flower day 8). These girls were overdue for a cleanup.

It is very difficult to determine a favorite strain. I’ve very much enjoyed every indica I’ve grown so far. I’d be happy if I never found “the one”. Growing something different with each new start has showed me that once again, variety IS the spice of life. :smile:

3 Likes

wanna be my daddy too?

1 Like

Rofl! :laughing: Do you earn less than $20K per year as well?

haha yes unfortunately

1 Like

Hello OverGrow

I’ve had a stress filled week or so and haven’t posted much.

I harvested my first 2 grows at 90 sprout days when they showed 25%+ amber trikes. P110 is a lot closer to complete than the 12 days on my schedule, with all pistils already turned red and white trichomes already amber in the oldest buds.

I’ll be axing her by Friday.

Compared to my last grow, these are pathetic. I had read that it is best to start autos in the size pot you will be finishing in. Discussion in my Gifted Seeds thread revealed some growers feel this is unnecessary. I’ve always stepped up my pots as the plants get older and this feels very unusual to me, so during my 1st grow of these I hadn’t been aware of this at all and had to step up my container after about 40 days. I got only a single female from that grow that was very similar to P110.

This may have little bearing on my end result, due to individual characteristics, or it means everything: My 1st and current grows had a re-pot, my 2nd started the seeds in 8" containers. The 2nd grow gave me an average of 63 grams per plant. The 1st grow gave me only 20 grams on that plant. I expect I’ll get just an average of 20 grams of each of these plants. I’ll need to grow seeds from these several more times to see if the reason P80, P110, and P111 are as small as they are because I stressed them out too much by up sizing their pots. I am inclined to believe the folks that say re-potting causes too much stress until proven otherwise. My next grow will absolutely start in 8" containers.

• P107 and P108, my Sweet Tooth 4 plants, are looking exactly like they should at flower day 39, when this picture was taken.

This grow will be giving me seeds from Divyder pollen on 2 buds from each plant.

• My OG Kush clones, P116 and P117 are on flower day 16 in this photograph.

I had been thinking about pollinating some buds on one of the clones, but on close examination of the pollinated branches on P100 (the original seedling), I feel I should get plenty without.

I probably won’t update again until I return from FL on 11-6.

I plant on putting some Chocolate Kush seeds into germination on 11-6 with more auto seeds going into germ right after the Chocolate Kush sprout.

I’m still feeling stressed, So I’m stopping here.

Cheers, my friends,
C50

Edit: Completed an unfinished sentence. Stoner moment! :laughing:

3 Likes

Those Divyders sure look pretty though. I usually see two genotypes, the more common short and heavy (left) type and the less common taller ones (right).

1 Like

No argument here. P110 looks nearly identical to her mother, pretty colors and all. It is already ready to harvest. That is much faster than Mom did. The tall one still has time to go.

I have a representation of both parents in this grow. P111 is built like Dad.

I am going to be trying to get Divyers that will regularly turn out like my last 2. Those girls were perfect! They weren’t as pretty colors-wise, but 126 grams from 2 plants that were only 2’ tall was killer performance. :smile:

1 Like

Good evening friends,

Its been a while. I haven’t felt much like doing anything recently. I am working through it, but it will worsen as Christmas approaches and then start improving somewhat after it is over.

P110 & P111 Divyder F2:
When I went to Florida for my son’s wedding, I didn’t water P110 or P111 at all because I had the day before and they were still pretty heavy. When I returned, they were properly dry and ready to axe. P111 was the taller plant yet its wet weight was only 2/3 of that of P110. P110 weighed 174.8 grams wet, while P111 weighed just 116.4 grams wet. I’ll have the smoking stuff weight in a day or so.

I had been planning on growing some different autos for my next set, but I remain curious. I am instead going to grow more Divyders. My 1st and 3rd grows netted me small plants and low yield. I had upsized the pots during those grows. My 2nd Divyder grow gave me 2 foot plants that were VERY HEAVY with flowers and provided me with nearly 5 ounces between them. That grow I started them in 8" pots. So, to determine if it was the fact that the 2nd grow didn’t get a change on pot size that made the difference, the next Divyder grow will again start in 8" containers. I feel that it will allow me to compare “apples to apples”.

P107 & P108 Sweet Tooth 4:
I had moved these to girls into Flowering earlier than I normally would have in effort to keep them short. Looks like it worked well. I will be harvesting them on 11/18. They will make 7 plants I harvested since I returned from Florida on 11/6.

These are the last ST4s for a while. The next time I grow them, it’ll be using the seeds from this grow (which are fathered by Divyder). I will then destroy any that do not auto flower for me, using an auto male to pollinate the auto fems.

P116 & P117 OG Kush:
These have 4 weeks to go in Flowering. I harvested their mother (P100) yesterday. I have only finished trimming the top portion of the plant, so I don’t have final wet weights yet, but they will be large. I am anxious to test smoke the mother. I’ve never had any Kush before and many people talk it up.

The mother wasn’t actually ready until just about flower day 72, I let her got to flower day 75. The mother had been accidentally re-vegged as well as going through reversing the 2 lowest branches. I restarted the flower day count when I realized what I had done (re-veg). I will be interested to see if P116 and P117 take as long to finish. They have been through no traumatic events.

Speaking of Kush:
P128, P129, & P130, Chocolate Kush feminized:

I started with 4 seeds and only got 3 seedlings. Since the 4th seed never cracked, I’ll be trying it again after it dries back out. I’ll wait until these are ready to go to Veg before I germinate any more Divyders since the clone box and will need it empty for that.

Cheers

3 Likes