Crazy looking seedling

It s 77 in the room Not sure about the dirt temp. I have 20 other seedlings going in the same place and all are thriving… I m thinking it s just the plant . …

Soil is a living substrate that contains essential nutrients for healthy growth and photosynthesis. Maybe dirt is giving deficiency or imbalance of nutrients, such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, or iron, that is negatively impact photosynthesis.
Are all the plants in the same dirt ?

2 Likes

Yeah everything is the same with my seedlings . I think ur probly right . This is a Blueberry or Flo seedling so it s probly not digging something. I m just gonna see what happens theres nothing I can really do at this point . Hopefully it straightens out …

1 Like

The light was actually 5 inches and I did move it a little closer .

1 Like

It’s a mutant that’s lacking Molybdenum uptake channels. So Nitrate is not being converted to d-amino levulinic acid (chlorophyll precursor).

Could be the best strain on earth but nobody will grow mutants. You have to feed them special diets. People won’t even do that for their own kids.

4 Likes

Hey @SulfurKingWeedTodd . Do you have any experience with ABC or freakshow plants ? What kind of special diet are you talking about exactly ? :grin:

2 Likes

same plant week later

15 Likes

My guess is it’s just a flo plant. They’re known to show some wild color but haven’t been aware of seedlings like this. Also let that homie dry out :vulcan_salute:t2:

2 Likes

Nice looking little Girl… :smiley:

2 Likes

It could be ,it came in a pack of beans mixed of Flo and bb strains . I love it and it seems to be doing fine so I ll keep updating its growth…

4 Likes

GG4 Never seen this but I read it’s common

3 Likes

3 Likes

oh shit , I actually saw one that had 3 cotyledon leaves on the site. It s extremely rare and I d love to see how this one works out …

2 Likes

Whorled phylotaxy, it’ll look normal after bloom starts.

5 Likes

I just moved my mutant into the citrus grove. It’ll either do something, or perhaps, nothing at all.

4 Likes

have you eat that? for best luck lol

1 Like

Just crazy , the stems dark purple . I actually love this plant but not sure what to expect long term.

12 Likes

grow it into a tree

Never seen a seedling that purple! Can’t imagine anything’s wrong with it if it’s 1/20 and keeping pace with the rest. Probably going to be a cool phenotype look forward to seeing this thing grow. Are these seeds feminized? Good luck!

2 Likes

It’d be cool if that was genetic.
But I’m leaning towards some sort of deficiency.
I know I’ve seen it explained somewhere.
I skimmed through GWE, but I’m still searching.

Ok, this is what I got…
Anthocyanosides.
http://m.wisegeek.com/what-are-anthocyanosides.htm

Seems like a natural pigmentation change? :thinking:

Something else I’ve read says this happens with intense LED’s.

4 Likes