Crickets and cannabis?

I need you’re opinion. I have access to cricket poo from a pet store. Could you use this to top dress? If so would it be worth experimenting with on a single plant in flower?

2 Likes

What is is recommended for?

Does it have an NPK rating?

Here’s one.

http://www.gardenandgreenhouse.net/products/natural-cricket-frass-fertilizer-4-2-2/

Who knew grasshopper shed their exoskeletons?

Only way to know!

1 Like

Insect frass is great as a top dressing. Whether it be from crickets, meal worm, or roaches. They’re light on nutrients and easy of the plants. Normally around 2-2-2 NPK wise and they all are packed full of Chitinases.

4 Likes

Well the pool is from actual crickets from the pet store. Like from the cricket bin. Not a pre packaged thing.

Nice! I know they are fed a high protein diet also.

Nice, local and minimum process. Sounds like a good thing to me.

Thanks @DavesNotHere.

Never considered it; nothing but bugs pooping in the garden, only makes sense. :poop:

Awesome. Id say they will.be closer to the 4-2-2 link 99 posted. I’m a little jealous now lol. Knowing they’re fresh unpackaged, they’re teeming with microbes that normally die off in the packing process.

1 Like

Cricket frass is a great organic fertilizer. Great for top dressing

Hell yeah guys, thanks for the input from everyone. This should be a cool little experiment. I’ll probably substitute it in my compost tea recipe also. 1 cup earth worm castings and 1 cup cricket poo

1 Like

Depending on how they look when I get them I may be able to send some out. I’ll post some good pictures once I receive them? It?

Didn’t somebody just mail some poop to US Treasury Secretary Mnumbnuts?

Hey man, wasn’t me…

2 Likes

I guess the guy came forward. No charges were filed that I heard of. You are in the clear. Mail away! :mailbox: :poop:

1 Like

I would run it through my worm bin first, but it should work OK as is. Go light at first just in case.

So did you try it? I cant imagine it being all that hot… other dude said he had some packaged stuff at 4 part N? i’d sort of figured it would be a bit lower, like 2 or 1…
U got me thinking, a cheap or maybe even free source of quick/instant N (im assuming it breaks down rapidly, b/c of size and structure?), Its something else that is sorta cool and for-sure different. i’m curious…

Naw still waiting on getting some

I hear it is very high in nitrogen.