Crossing an auto an a non auto

Can anyone help me understand how someone can cross an auto with a non auto plant an get a Femanized seed.
How stable would this new strain be.
Would anyone chime in.

1 Like

It won’t be stable at all. It also may not be fem. Depends, are you crossing a fem with an auto? If so was the Auto a fem or a reg? Many questions but still no matter what the info, it will not be stable.

3 Likes

I picked up some Doc gooden seeds an they say an auto from gas reaper was used to cross with pressure from exotic genetics female.

This comes up a lot, I’ll refer you to this post I made.

15 Likes

This is why I love over grow answers with solid info.
Thanks @ReikoX

1 Like

There you go bud, ReikoX knows much more about this subject than I. Happy reading.

Well I will have to offer 6 of these seeds to anyone who wants to experiment an in return just give me feed back :grinning:

1 Like

Nice bud, I am good for seeds but there are many that will be happy to experiment.

Glad I asked before I just popped em.
I like to only run Female photos.
I have no experience with autos.

I looked at their site and these aren’t autos, they would be “fast version” if you will. Aka they finish a week earlier than their “normal” photoperiod cross.

Those seeds are rare too, only 100 packs ever!

Oh and autos are simple as pie, if you ever grow them, here’s a few pointers

1. Sowing in final pot is suggested, they don’t like transplants shock.
  2. Usually they will veg for 3 to 4 weeks before starting to flower. Do not feed them the first 2 weeks or more, you’ll know when to feed
  3. 18 or 20hrs of light may help yields

I’m not a big fan of autos but I believe they have their place.

Happy growing!

4 Likes

Yes I purchased them as a Female but after looking into the crosses I notice the 1 side of the cross was a auto. An the other Female photo. An I know nothing not a thing about autos lol.
Thanks again guys

@Osogreen
I’d give them a try, I could start them in a month or so

My strawberry blue early finished in 7 weeks. The potency was also in between. I wont touch auto anything indoors next time as photos have always grown better and for me its worth the extra time.

Where ever u want 6 just mess me I send tomorrow

i’ll send you dm

Since both plants used in the cross is a female, your seeds are fem.
photo x auto = photo. So the plant will have to be put into 12/12 to flower.
So just grow it as normal. If you have any autoflower experience you can get to grow as fast as an auto.
Here is a photo/ auto cross. 37 days old.

6 Likes

Beautiful plant.
I’m just going wait to pop them myself.
Maybe give them to my boys 1 day. I’m sending 6 to A Grower on here.

1 Like

I can’t speak to the crossing of the two. However, I have grown this strain indoor with good success. Not an auto strain. Purple laced buds, 25 THC, finished in 58 days, pungent diesel smell, and decent frost. Buds were smaller than expected but yielded well. Kept 2 as mom’s. Clone easily.

Did not do well as an outdoor strain.

1 Like

Welcome to OG JesseJester good to have you here and joining in👍