ReikoX's Auto Projects

Seems like you all have it covered. There are plenty more of those Lowryder x La Diva seeds man, if you don’t get a male, I will be happy to send you the full “breeder’s pack” you should definitely find a few males in that.

10 Likes

Just potted 2 of 3 that i soaked a couple days ago. ones already showed its head. I’m saving the rest to throw outside once the weather lets up!

3 Likes

@ReikoX, I’m sure there will be a male in there. I’m just used to growing femmed seeds so I have a hard time thinking positively about getting any boys. These are regular seeds, I really have no reason for concern. It is just cool to know there is a way to get even autos female to screw themselves and give seeds, even it I never need to use it. I love learning things.

7 Likes

@ReikoX, I read in a different thread last night, can’t find it again today, that autos shouldn’t get re-potted. Something about autos can’t deal with stress. Is this true? Do I have to leave my four babies in the 4" pots they are in now?

7 Likes

Yeah, for best results, they should be sown directly in the final container. They have an internal clock and that’s all the time you get. If you stress them, they will lose that time that they are shocked. Stresses include topping, transplanting, over/under watering, nutrient deficiencies, etc.

You certainly could leave them in those little pots, but you will grow some tiny plants. Given yours are only a few old, you can likely transplant them now, gently, without much stress. I suggest a 2-3 gallon pot.

11 Likes

This is a little pollen chucking side project I want to run. Basically I want to make an automatic version of my Juanita la Lagrimosa clone. The progress will be documented here. Lets take a look at my goals.

Breeding Goals

• Smell/flavor of Juanita la Lagrimosa
  • Feminized
  • Auto flowering
  • High-CBD (>8%)

The project plan is something like this:

• The first cross will be a Juanita la Lagrimosa reversed with STS (high CBD, smell/flavor) clone crossed with Freedom Dream (auto-flowering, high CBD) seed. Since Juanita la Lagrimosa is a photoperiod (PP) and Freedom Dream is an auto-flowering plant (pp), this first filial generation (F1) of feminized seeds will be all photoperiod plants (pP). This generation will have 50% of Juanita la Lagrimosa’s genetics.
  • Grow out these F1 plants, searching for plants that test positive for CBD and are similar in smell/flavor to Juanita la Lagrimosa. There is a very inexpensive and simple method for testing for the presence CBD that can be performed at home.
  • Two clones of each F1 keeper will be taken. One of them will be reversed, the other will remain female. These will all be open pollinated creating the second filial generation F2 of feminized seeds. Since all of the plants in the F1 generation were photoperiod (pP) the F2 generation will have 25% with the auto flowering (pp) trait.
  • Reverse the Juanita la Lagrimosa clone and pollinate all auto-flowering plants this is the first back cross (BX1). This generation will now have 75% of Juanita la Lagrimosa’s genetics. This generation will also be photoperiod (pP).
  • Grow out the BX1 plants, searching for plants that test positive for CBD and are similar in smell/flavor to Juanita la Lagrimosa.
  • Two clones of each BX1 keeper will be taken. One of them will be reversed, the other will remain female. These will be open pollinated creating the second filial generation of the first back cross (BX1F2). Again 25% of these will have the auto flowering (pp) trait.
  • Reverse the Juanita la Lagrimosa clone and pollinate all auto flowering plants, this is the second back cross (BX2). This generation will now have 87.5% of the Juanita la Lagrimosa’s genetics.
  • Grow out the BX2 plants, searching for plants that test positive for CBD and are similar in smell/flavor to Juanita la Lagrimosa.
  • Two clones of each BX2 keeper will be taken. One of them will be reversed, the other will remain female. These will be open pollinated creating the second filial generation of the second back cross (BX2F2). Again 25% of these will have the auto flowering (pp) trait.
  • Reverse the Juanita la Lagrimosa clone and pollinate all auto flowering plants, this is the third back cross (BX3). This generation will now have 93.75% of Juanita la Lagrimosa’s genetics.
  • Grow out the BX3 plants, searching for plants that test positive for CBD and are similar in smell/flavor to Juanita la Lagrimosa.
  • Two clones of each BX3 keeper will be taken. One of them will be reversed, the other will remain female. This will be open pollinated creating the second filial generation of the third back cross (BX3F2). Again 25% of these will have the auto flowering (pp) trait.
  • Grow out the BX3F2 generation, reversing half of the auto flowering population, selecting against any off types. This will be open pollinated creating a third filial generation of the third back cross (BX3F3). These plants will be 100% auto flowering (pp), should contain high CBD, and should be very similar to the mother (93%).

Misc notes:

Questions and comments welcome as usual.

48 Likes

The first step in my project is to reverse a clone of Juanita la Lagrimosa. This time I will try using STS instead of colloidal silver.

To do this you would need silver nitrate, sodium thiosulphate, distilled water, a scale, some jars, some measuring cups, gloves, eye protection, and a spray bottle. The recipe I used comes from Chimera from ICMag.

To start, 10 grams of sodium thiosulphate pentahydrate was added to 400 ml distilled water.

Next 1.7 grams of silver nitrate was added to 100 ml of distilled water.

Finally, the silver nitrate solution was slowly stirred into the sodium thiosulphate solution. This was then put in a spray bottle. I covered the spray bottle with foil tape and it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.

To use the spray, I sprayed the plant once as it goes into 12/12 and I will spray it again once a week up to four weeks.

34 Likes

You never cease to amaze. This earned a legitimate bookmark in my phone. I’ve got one of your #@:;:’ autos I can never remember the names. Actually germed in soil from bean outdoors in NW UK. I’ll keep you posted as to how that does bro

6 Likes

love that detailed plan! could you elaborate on this testing method and does it determine content or just presence?

5 Likes

I’ll elaborate on it in a few weeks, but it’s called the Beam test of you want to research it before then.

5 Likes

Copied from Another Forum

The Beam test

Page 127 (or page 134 for PDF reader)
https://www.scribd.com/document/24502143/Marijuana-Chemistry-Michael-Starks

Each CBD strain tends to have 3-5 “Phenos”. So it is good to try to test out each “Pheno” to learn what the high CBD phenos look like. Using the Beam test is about the same process they use at any testing lab just being done without the lab.

Here is how Chimera describes it

"Page # 127The Beam Test aka Beam’s Test

If you read the section “Colorimetry” in the first paragraph on Page #127 you will see a simplified method for detecting CBD using a spot test called “the Beam test”

The needed reagents are:

5% KOH(Potassium hydroxide) in 95% ethanol
(5g KOH in 100 ml 95% ethanol)

Petroleum ether, Naptha or other organic solvent to remove the cannabinoids from a sample of your choosing.

Place 1-2 grams of your sample flowers in an oven until dry @ 150 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes. Extract in a small glass vessel (shot glass?) for 10 minutes in 10 ml of your Petroleum ether, other organic solvent, naptha, etc.

Filter and remove the leaf material using a coffee filter or similar, catch the liquid extract

Take 1 ml of the extract and dry on a white porcelain dish like an egg cup, saucer, or similar. (Gently heat the dish to evaporate the liquid phase of the extract). You will have a dish with remnants of resin leftover once the liquid has evaporated.

Place 5 drops of your 5% KOH in ethanol solution on your plate, and wait about 10 minutes. You will see a distinct violet/purple/pink color from samples containing CBD which could be Chemotype II or III plants - in the case of CBD Lullaby they will be only Type I and II plants- THC only plants (chemotype i) will not show this colour.

It’s a relatively simple test and anyone can do it, you just need to order KOH from Amazon or your local soap making store and pick up a solvent from your local hardware store. The ethanol will probably be the most difficult thing to source, but it is available as “Everclear” or 190 proof ethyl alcohol from your local provincial or state run liquor store, depending on your location.

Hope that comes in handy…
-Chimera"

Phenotype/chemotype 1 is THC only, type 2 is CBD/THC mixed and type 3 is high CBD and no THC

23 Likes

That’s it right there, thanks. Chimera is the man when it comes to cannabis science.:+1::seedling:

8 Likes

so basically a reagent test for cbd. sounds similar to thin layer chromatography… TLC kits are super expensive so i’m going to look in to making my own. its a bit more complicated procedure but it will identify the different cannabinoids and content. this website shows the process for cannabis and this video teaches how to make your own TLC plates.

15 Likes

Just a reagent test, but higher CBD will be darker in color than lower CBD.

6 Likes

@ReikoX hey man I’m set for a run of photo seeds for the next run but need some strong indica Dom or autoflower fem if anything shoots past your ear give me a shout pal I’m looking for mid ooze heavy yeilders mate

2 Likes

@ReikoX
The “breeder’s pack” arrived today. Thank you!!!
I want to plant a couple of seeds, but I’m not sure which have the highest potential to be a good strain for my needs.

Is it possible to get a run down on each strain for it’s parents characteristics, what you expect from each cross and any other info that might help us know what to expect?

4 Likes

The only one of these crosses I have tested is the Lowryder x La Diva. The first picture in this topic is of these seeds grown out in a party cup.

Shes usually done within 9-10 weeks from germination. Most phenotypes are short and stout, but there is the occasional talk airy plant that pops up. The flavor is sweet with a bit of spice to it.

11 Likes

Potency?.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

I would call them medium potency.

2 Likes

Think it’s safe to assume Lowryder is Lowryder #2 by Joint Doctors, The Devil is Big Devil Auto by Sweet Seeds and Ultraviolet is Ultraviolet by Samsara Seeds?

BTW, I planted (2) Lowryder x Ultraviolet #1, (2) Lowryder x Ultraviolet #2, and (1) Lowryder x Devil #1

Once I can tell they germinated I’ll transfer them into the top of (5) 1 gallon pots filled with my organic soil. After I get them to about 8-12 inches I’ll move them outside and let them finish, depending on how the weather is. I’ll have space indoors for them if needed!

7 Likes