CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

@unomas ive wondered the same thing

2 Likes

Lookin good @BudLarfy

2 Likes

Hey bud,
I’ve used various ferments before and I’ve always topwatered or foliared them. Anything you put in your reservoir, you are forcing them to drink wether they want to or not. I’m sure it would be fine occasionally, but not as a regular thing. The only things I consistently put in the res are clean water and LABS.

10 Likes

Mystery solved! Thanks for clarifying, big homie @CrunchBerries :pray:

Luckily, I only filled the res on one plant once with the ferment. Had a feeling this was the reason why there’s burned tips from top to bottom of the plant. Here’s the victim, SSDD F2 #4:

10 Likes

I figured I should try my hand at trellising while I was at it

11 Likes

Good morning, y’all,

A lot of really great updates from everyone! I love seeing all the activity!

My next round is finalized and got planted on Monday (02/26). I feel like I say this every time, but I’m really excited for this run. A lot of these strains have been at the top of my list for some time now.
I do feel kinda weird, as I flipped my lights-on schedule for the lights to run during the day. I think it will be a welcome change and allow me to get more work down in a timely manner.

Before I go any further with this update i’d like to give a Big-Huge-VegasStyle-Shout-out to @Higgins/Robin Masters for his generosity and kind spirit.

Everything you see before you needs a good shave and a haircut. Once they get a little more comfortable I’ll top and clean up lowers. I haven’t filled the reservoirs yet and only watered once during transplant. Gave everyone a FulPower, Comfrey, FAA, Coconut, Aloe brew. Second topdress layer added at transplant.

Irene @Higgins.

DLA 5 f2 @Rosinallday

Lavender Jack (NN Cut) @Higgins

Dragon Hammer @Higgins

Space Monkey @bodhi

Black Triangle @bodhi

Sunshine4 7&8 @Great_lakes_Genetics

Good Medicine F3 @LegsMahoney

That’s it for now! Y’all be good!
MTSBWY ~ Crunchy

21 Likes

Nice man - cool to see the DLA5. They’re unique plants for sure, I had one that was a S1 of those f2s - super dense low stretch Jurassic plant! Had a nice high - trancey indica zone, and garbage dumperster terpenes. That Lav Jack is excellent as well, it’s got a really unique smell / flavor to anything else I’ve grown, and super loud.

6 Likes

That’s an impressive line up, @CrunchBerries !!!

Have fun with those Black Triangle F2’s! I found a lemon smelling plant that was my wife’s all-time favorite smoke…wish I still had her. According to the z-labs thread, it might be a common pheno. Hope you find it or something better!

4 Likes

Thanks, man. Yeah, I’m excited for that one. I found a lankier one with really cool structure that I’ll run next go round. This cut is from the runt of the litter. Wasn’t sure it would make it as a seedling, but it kept fighting the good fight and was one of the first to show sex out of the last seed pop. Has double serrated leaves and a very funky stem rub!
Seeing everyone’s grow and smoke reports from Lavender Jack has me really hyped. I just hope I can do it justice.

Thanks, man! These are actually F1s. That zlabs BT f2 journal is just a great read. Sorry for the confusion. I really hope I get a mom leaner, as I haven’t had the best luck getting mom-leaners with x 88g13 crosses I’ve tried. Guess it’s really only been two crosses, but still. This would be a good one to start with, I’d say.

11 Likes

Lovin it!

10 Likes

@CrunchBerries no worries! The F1’s are very nice too! IMO you won’t have trouble finding a TK leaner. Hoping your plant is one :crossed_fingers: Here’s mine:

10 Likes

Hey @CrunchBerries i was hoping to finally get around to building my SIP this weekend and had one more quick question.

I was planning on building this style:

How tall does the reservoir need to be? I was planning on using three 3” net cups. They are only 3” tall (obviously, right? lol). That would mean the reservoir would only be 3” tall, and I know you want a 1” air gap. That would only leave 2” for water in my 10 gal tote.

Is that too short? Seems like it might be too short to me.

I’m thinking maybe I should order 4, 5 or 6” net pots?
I was hoping to just use a few of the 3” ones I had laying around (as we previously discussed) but I also want to do it properly.

5 Likes

Oh I’m excited you have a lanky dla5. Every one I’ve popped has been squat, barely stretches, and is a dense plant with huge leaves. Good luck!!

4 Likes

I only grew two Black Triangles, but I’d say that other than the Imperial Majesties, they showed the least 88G influence of all of those crosses that I’ve grown.

They also got pollinated by something that hermed, so maybe that had something to do with it… haha. I dunno.

4 Likes

Not 100% as I’ve never built them this way. These are the pics of the depth of a CP and EB below. I’m thinking you should be fine, but set it up and see how much water you can hold before committing to your design.

7 Likes

The growth has been crazy for sure did not expect it. Feeder roots are goin nuts! Question for our more experienced, I’ve tried to wrap my head around this. New growth has been troubling me to my eye it looks a little too light green, I really don’t believe it’s deficiency so maybe excess or could she maybe be growing so fast she is outpacing biology? Much love!

13 Likes

From my experience they grow so fast they can’t quite keep up with the chlorophyll production. Not a deficiency. I’d say you look like you’re right on track :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking this for awhile, but I’m glad you finally mentioned something so I had a reason to comment - you’re close to overgrowing the pot size. Start adding topdresses now, flip immediately, and keep the topdresses happening every two weeks for the next month. 3 topdress in total, and all should include your normal dry amendments and compost/ewc. Make sure the last one adds a large mound, and water each one in with goodies.

You might even be a couple weeks behind, but as long as you give enough extra topdress and compost/ewc mounded up, I think you’ll be alright in the end. You want a lot, with just enough space on the edges to be able to water it in with LABs and rootwise or similar microbe product without the water spilling over the edge.

Also, make sure the water rez doesn’t dry out for more than a day. Keep refilling it as soon as it goes dry.

At this point, you’re trying to catch a tiger by its tail. Learn from what happened to @cannavore a couple months ago. Best of luck!

:sun_with_face: :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

I didn’t realize that plant hadn’t been flipped yet. Never mind the pot; she’s gonna outgrow the tent haha!

4 Likes

@nube thank you! She flipped last Sunday, :thinking: I had a feeling I was getting behind and have kept a great expectation for screwing this one up​:rofl:. Complete learning experience here.I will do just as you say and see what the next 8weeks do.

5 Likes