Deep Line Alchemy 5 S1 Pheno Hunt

Hello OG!
In this thread I will be documenting the search for a more vigorous growing cut than the DLA 5 cut I used to make these S1’s.

A little background on how we got here:

In early 2019 after a 2 year hiatus from growing, I received a care package from a friend containing a bunch of F2 work from various growers on the forums.

In that care package we’re an 8 pack or so of DLA 5 F2 seeds made by Rosinallday from RIU.
He did an F2 using one male and one female from an F1 pack bred by Bodhi.

Here are his thoughts regarding the F2. (Provided by @nube )

“The dla5 mom was a Hp dom very healthy and fat nugs but still spaced slightly so no mold at all. The male is my pipe dream ha ha could be something really special. Very thin sativa like huge leaf I’ll see if I can find a pic. I believe he’ll bring a very “gamy” smell his stemrub was special. Bodhi got the pack listed as rks but didn’t want to call it that he remarked how “gamy” the mom was I’m pretty sure the male I had was just like that original mom but that’s where the pipe dream comes in.” and later, after harvest, he said, “The Mac dla5 is special I only had one and it’s louder than the rest.”

I popped 5 of those seeds and ended up with 3 females, and 2 males.

Of the 3 females, 2 were short with one of those two being a tad bit taller, squat, broad leaf Afghanis that had rock hard dense, purple buds. Smelling rubbery, burnt rubber, sour/Chem, hashy, gamey, oniony, puppy breath, coffee, and a tad skunky. Tastes were deep hashy, onion, heavy. Highs were immediate warm face, heavy shoulders, radiating down the body. Feeling lost and deep in thought. Great gaming weed. Couchlocky. Perfect meditation bud.

The other female was taller, not purple, not rock hard dense bud like the others bud but still dense. Smells were similar but no fruitiness and heavy metallic leafy smell that was pretty gnarly.

75 Likes

Going to follow along man!

5 Likes

Nice, I’ll be in my rocking chair in the corner :yum:

5 Likes

Love it Ill be quietly hanging out in this corner here if that’s cool. I love me some dla5.

5 Likes

Hell yeah, man! Can’t wait to see how these turn out for you. :slight_smile: I hope you eventually make S1 of your goji super keeper too!

What’s @rosinallday up to these days? I haven’t heard from him in a very, very long time. I was sorry to see him exit the forums cuz he was such a generous amazing guy. Here’s what he originally sent me in trade:

I’ve given away most of those to people who were able to run them before me, including some of those retail packs to people who were going to F2.

Anyway, I’ll be following along!

:rainbow: :sun_with_face:

36 Likes

More information on these particular phenos can be found in my “Seeds From Friends” thread from Oct 2020 to December 2020.

In 2021 I moved and in the process lost many clones. I ended up with only one of the DLA 5 F2 female cuts. Yes, I lost the males too :weary:.

By looking through my pics of the first run I was able to determine that I have this pheno image image image

This cut excites me because it shows all the characteristics of being an Artifact 1 leaning pheno, but along with that I have to deal with the slowest veg time I’ve ever encountered :sweat_smile:

I was able to acquire some more of these elusive F2s made by “RAD”, but the person who gave them to me admitted they were poorly kept and I fully understood that. But Since then I was not able to get any more to germinate.

This led me to try and use another method of increasing this particular F2 that’d I’d been hearing more and more about….Self Pollination.

So for almost a year I listened to every podcast that spoke about the selfing process, read threads, asked friends, watched videos. Finally, I settled on @Sebring ’s STS videos.

Fast forward to October 2021 I began the Selfing process using 3 clones of the DLA 5 F2 I had. I sprayed one of those 3 females according to the instructions, it then provided the pollen to pollinate the other 2 females.
You can also find more details on that project in my “seeds from friends” thread from October 2021 to December 2021.

Ok I’m out of breath….

But no we’re here and as I said I need to find something that grows faster in veg lol

I plan on going through about 50 of these, testing them all for effects and potency as well and maybe doing some S2. But keep in mindThis is all for fun, no sales ever. I might pass some more out soon but only time will tell

30 Likes

Tuning in here! I’ve got one of these S1s sprouted myself… they are some stubborn seeds!

7 Likes

Thanks for following my friend. Unfortunately I don’t have that Goji F1 cut anymore. A few people do and 1 person has it close by but I decided against keeping it in my library. But I did sprinkle some reversed DLA 5 pollen on her as a fun feminized experiment. Plenty of those seeds to look through as well.

Unfortunately I’ve never had a solid conversation with him. It’s very sad when life gets in the way of someone’s passion.

11 Likes

Yes indeed.

That leads to me to my first update

6 Likes

This sounds great. I’ve always been curious about dla5 and dla6. Now I’ll sit back and watch. No corners though, they are always crowded!

6 Likes

We will call this day 3. There is what remains of a 12 seed pop done a couple weeks ago.

As Ramblinrose said, they are VERY stubborn. Took 2 days before I decided to crack them between my teeth.m and put them back in paper towel. All 12 ended up growing a tail, but only these 9 made it up.

Of those 9 you can see several mutations that can either be the result of how inbred they are or of their struggle to get out of their seed shells.

Only time and more testing will tell.

23 Likes

I’m def gonna follow along with this one.

4 Likes

Good luck bud! :four_leaf_clover:

Hopefully you find something in your beans that is even better than the cuts you lost…

:evergreen_tree: :fire: :cloud:

:robot:

7 Likes

I’ll take a seat …I recently received some purple afghan…(dla5×puf3). I plan on finding something to work with in the ass, and skunk hp stuff I did.:v:t5:

11 Likes

I hope all is well with you brother! It is good to see your S1 project worked out well. Congratulations on your success! I fucking love making seeds. If you ever care to search for another DLA5 F2 male, I could definitely spare some from @rosinallday. I am already looking through quite a few and he recently sent me some more. I am also looking through some of his Alien Apple MAC (MAC x Alien Apple Warp). I am excited to see what you find in your S1s! I wish you well with them! Positive vibes…

@nube Rosinallday has been around another spot recently. He seems to be doing well and I believe he is starting to market his seeds as 7th Day seeds, which is cool. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

12 Likes

I just finished a run of 2 of those purple Afghan Hashplants. Can’t wait to smoke em

5 Likes

What cha find out the two

2 Likes

These were taken about 2 weeks ago. I chopped them 2 days ago.

Purple Afghan Hashplant

32 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what happens here I been wanting to get some DLA 5 in my life after hearing bodhi talk about that artifact 1 mom

5 Likes

I’ve been in love with it since I first heard him speak on it as well.
I haven’t heard anything about that F1 being remade. But he is working with males and females of the Artfact 1 and DLA 5 so I believe he feels the A1 is very special.

9 Likes