Crypto fans here?

So one day the Silver Surfer thought it would be fun to go to a KISS show…yeah Gene and him had a bunch of cool crypto ideas…:partying_face::exploding_head:

🪙

:fire::fire::fire: :beers::beers::beers:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Consolidated gains means the majority of your gains are held by a bank or holding entity … Ergo, Capital in the market isn’t reflective of total consolidated capital. The amount of capital held by the holding entity is much greater than the amount on the market.

:wink:

I still think we need a spokesman…:beers:

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away… real shit…steel shit, well forget it…:grin:!

:cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

And back to the story :wink:

Yeah it can be profitable , I bought riot blockchain at $7 a share waited a few months and sold at $20 , I’m now waiting for it to go back to $7 to rebuy. People talk like 5% gains in savings is good when the right investments can yield so much more in such a shorter amount of time.
Note you can also lose just as fast if you aren’t carefully and you should not invest what you can’t afford to lose.

2 Likes

I just worry about the taxes of it all. Same concern with all of the tricky money stuff.

We’re currently in a phase where we’re dumping a ton of money into a new old house, but before too long we’re going to peel back and start putting money away again. Stocks, crypto, retirement funds, college fund, etc.

The extra layer of tax worry at every level turns it from a fun value puzzle to a daunting extrastential crisis. Guess it’s just time to be a big boy and spend a few grand a year on an accountant?

Ah, yes…all the shitcoins I’ve flipped, I’ve ran into this issue before too. Unfortunately all my holdings are in cronos.

2 Likes

I was just reading an article, and thought I vaguely remembered this post… looks like I was right! I’m not entirely sure on the technical details, and it’s still very new so it might not work out, but this might be worth looking into:

Orange Domains connects DNS directly to the BNS protocol, which is powered by Bitcoin layers. The Web3 domain name will function as a digital identity and act like an NFT, giving users the keys to an equivalent domain. This digital identity will enable anyone to do everything from building a website to securing their finances, art pieces, contracts, and more, all from one domain solution on the blockchain.

Trust Machines will lead the development and go-to-market strategies for Orange Domains while Hiro – as the leading developer tooling company for Bitcoin layers – will provide domain expertise on building Bitcoin smart contracts, digital assets, and decentralized applications. Tucows will provide its knowledge in DNS and web registry to offer strategic guidance to Orange Domains.

Tucows is the second or third-largest domain registrar in the world, apparently, so it seems like they’re moderately serious. Still not sure there’s a use case, much less immediately, but it seems more credible than domains that are completely disconnected from the existing DNS system.

1 Like