Current Michigan MMJ Laws and Initiatives

I should be getting my ballots any day.:writing_hand:

looking good in the polls and our side has WAY more money in the bank than the opposition. 12 plants will be legal :+1:

http://www.ballotpedia.org/2018_ballot_measure_polls#Michigan

2 Likes

I’d like to know where they’re spending it. Law enforcement has an ongoing media blitz the last 3 weeks… Nothing from the Legalize side up here in Da’ UP.

I am hopeful it will pass. I am concerned that the legislature and “LARA” (licensing and Regulatory Affairs) will Fk it up for everyone, as already evidenced by attempted changes to the proposal, pressuring local govt’s to reject Dispensary applications, and LARA, foot-dragging on over 200 license approvals. They’ve had 8 months to get this done! Is one approval per day too much to ask? :rage:

Sorry to rant. Lets encourage everyone we know to Vote!

2 Likes

The LEO always get lots of free media time - but don’t forget, public trust of LEO and government is at record low levels, that’s why MJ legalization keeps winning. Our side is probably saving their money for a TV ad blitz 2 weeks before the election when most people start paying attention.

Your fears of LARA are probably correct, here in Mass. the industry regulations are absolutely terrible, the ONLY good part of the law was legalized possession and home-growing. And you’re getting 12 plants. As long as they leave that in place the rest doesn’t really matter IMO.

3 Likes

For those interested…
Official_Ballot_Wording_Prop_18-1_632051_7.pdf (158.5 KB)

My wife spent $240 yesterday to get her card renewed. Makes me wonder why anyone would or should spend the $$ for a MMJ card in the future, should the proposal pass.

1 Like

Yeah, the wording doesn’t say anything about having to have a card for the same 12 plants. Will it be like home grown wine and beer.

1 Like

I wish it were! If 100 gal/yr = 100 plants/yr, (200 per household)? That’d keep me busy (and stoned) fosure! Just dreaming.

Remember to vote. I was reading my ballet and it says you can only have 10oz in the house. I wonder how they will count butter and such. I don’t have any bud unless drying or waiting to decarb.

No pro ads here and Farm Bauer says to vote no as they just want commercial farms to grow.

1 Like

We’ve had 1 pro ad running for the last week or so. A retired State cop? He’s wearing a MSP polo shirt. Locally, we’ve had 2 very small gatherings at the Fed courthouse.

Yes, it was Halloween, but I don’t think anyone took them seriously.

3 Likes

I’m too lazy to check right now but I’m pretty sure the Michigan law has the same “and any” clause on home possession that we have in Mass. - you’re legally allowed to have 10 ounces “and any” cannabis produced from the home grow. Meaning there is no possession limit for people with cannabis gardens.

So the 10 ounce limit only applies to store-bought weed.

3 Likes

I re-read the text and it appears you’re correct @Muleskinner. 12 plants + 10 oz processed. I’m not sure there’s a distinction between “store bought” and “processed”. There are separate definitions for Marihuana concentrate and Marihuana-Infused product, @G-paS so I don’t think the 15 g limit applies to edibles, tinctures etc.

Sec. 5. 1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege: (a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate. (b) within the person’s residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once. © assisting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in this section; and (d) giving away or otherwise transferring without remuneration up to 2.5 ounces of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate, to a person 21 years of age or older, as long as the transfer is not advertised or promoted to the public. 2. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the use, manufacture, possession, and purchase of marihuana accessories by a person 21 years of age or older and the distribution or sale of marihuana accessories to a person 21 years of age or older is authorized, is not unlawful, is not an offense, is not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, is not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, and is not grounds to deny any other right or privilege. 3. A person shall not be denied custody of or visitation with a minor for conduct that is permitted by this act, unless the person’s behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.

What’s not clear to me is what the household plant limit is. Some folks have adult children living at home, and does my Wife’s Med grow/stash have to be separate from my Rec grow/stash?

2 Likes

I have only seen one pro ad so far.

That is the one and I only saw it once.

Same here! I have 2 medical, me and hubby, I am care giver and can have 24 plants. Does this change. If I don’t get new cards is this than house hold? I even have a assistance living center checking about the law. The one said I can give for sure but don’t know it they can. Other wise I have do go every night and this is a hour trip every time.

I voted us both absentee already.

1 Like

The law only allows 12 plants to be in the house - “on the premises” - no matter how many people live there. So that might be a reason to keep the medical card.

provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once

I believe twelve flowering plants will actually be the most permissive law in the US. So far it seems like plant counts are being ignored in almost every state for the most part. Everyone I’ve met here is growing more than 12 plants.

2 Likes

There’s no change to medical MJ regulations by this act. You still get 24 plants.
“2. This act does not limit any privileges, rights, immunities, or defenses of a person as provided in the Michigan medical marihuana act, 2008 IL 1, MCL 333.26421 to 333.26430, the medical marihuana facilities licensing act, 2016 PA 281, MCL 333.27101 to 333.27801, or any other law of this state allowing for or regulating marihuana for medical use”.

That’s a big grey area. Any adult will be able to transfer up to 2.5 oz to another adult without renumeration. Current MMJ law doesn’t allow that. If someone was in assisted living, my guess is it’s the facilities decision. Would a CNA be administering drugs or just giving Grandpa access to his cookie stash?

1 Like

getting more psyched about election day - this Michigan vote will be huge! 10 million people gonna climb aboard that train! the freedom train :smiley: It could be highest victory margin yet - the final 2 polls had it ahead with a 17 and 16 point margin.

I think of the heroic Michigan activists Tom & Rollie that bravely stood up to the government for our culture and sacrificed everything to move us toward this day…it’s finally here! This referendum is the closest thing to justice for these guys…anyone else remember this? It’s been 17 years…

http://www.hr95.org/Memorial.html#rainbow

Pretty excited, my wife and I got out to vote. This thread has helped a ton too.

2 Likes

Good luck out there today people of Michigan!

2 Likes

Me and the Mrs both voted this morning. One of the first times in recent memory we’ll be watching the results of a non-Presidential election. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here. Wife & I voted early, 20 minutes after polls opened, Good turnout so far, 10% of our townhips registered voters had already voted by 8:30 am. Encouraged by the support of >50 yr. olds.

2 Likes