Current Michigan MMJ Laws and Initiatives

So far so good, let’s hope the trend continues.

3 Likes

Which site has that data (not that I want to stay up all night)?

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks, very informative!

1 Like

Congratulations Michigan!

7 Likes

Yes! We won :slight_smile: I can start growing again lol.

3 Likes

Hell yeah! Nothing like reading a text from a buddy saying that weed is legal at 11:27 PM!

2 Likes

I asked my friend/attorney about plant count today (over a couple a beers). His opinion is that these are two separate laws that don’t overlap or interact. “In a household with 2 adults (no children), with 1 spouse possessing a MMJ card (and strictly adhering to MMMP regs), the household plant limit is 24”. “You MUST keep the 2 grows + stashes, separate and secure”.

2.5 oz MMJ possession +12 plants PLUS 10 oz rec. possession + 12 plants. I can live with that. It should be a model for the remaining states to follow imho. :mega:

3 Likes

Michigan’s State Board of Canvassers has certified the vote. :slight_smile:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2018/11/26/election-results-certified-10-day-clock-starts-legal-weed/2115603002/

3 Likes

Congrats MI folk. :tada:

Great News Michiganders! Very informative link you posted here. I’ll post some links to LARA & MiDEQ. Organic growing may be the wave of the future.

Thank You :confetti_ball::tada::fireworks::fireworks:
Two of the Detroit area counties are doing a soft transition from now until December 6 when legal

2 Likes

That is dumb. How do I do this??? I don’t have another area to grow. The two tents I have take up all the room. Does that count as separate?? This area is separate from the main house and always locked.

1 Like

I agree completely @G-paS. The Rec. Act language does not/cannot address a “mixed grower” household per Sec.4 of the Act. It’s a grey area that will be challenged in court.

As we see it, to comply, one needs 1 lockable room. 2 tents would require labeling (Rec & Med?), 2 different sets of 1/2" hasp padlocks (keyed alike to lock the zippers) and 2 lockable boxes, file cab, etc. Secure and Separate! There are no changes for Care givers and Patients/growers. Just my .02. :peace:

2 Likes

everyone in Mass. using the lock on the front door to provide a “secure, locked area”

1 Like

Yeah, common sense should apply here. Unfortunately, a locked front door is not enough in Mi. No person in your home, other than the patient or grower, can have access to the grow room or storage area. Our state gov’t treats MJ like it’s a toxic substance. Outdoor grows must be enclosed by a lockable, 6 ft (min.), opaque fence, so the neighbors can’t see/steal it. I’ll be planting some of @Hoodini’s >10’ Sativas this spring. What good is that fence? Sorry for the rant. I’m happy the voters have spoken, and Mi. will be fully legal in 8 daze.

2 Likes

That is all I have, The Zipper on the one is to cheap and not able to lock. The other I have to leave partly open in my unheated basement to keep from getting to hot.

2 Likes

A call to action! The Mi. GOP is attempting to gut the Rec. MJ Act with SB1243. They have until Midnight Friday, to get it out of committee, and voted on. Call AND Email your elected reps and voice your objection(s) to this “slap in the face” of Michigan’s voters.

If anyone wants to see how bad this bill is:
2018-SIB-1243.pdf (264.6 KB)

1 Like

Cannabis is legal in Michigan today! Way to go fellow Michiganders!

5 Likes

We fired up a blunt at 12:01 AM :confetti_ball: SB1243 was DOA in committee. There’s a new state MJ website. It’s got a lot of info and services available online.
https://www.michigan.gov/marijuana

Also, LARA issued a temp. rule allowing caregivers to sell any excess quantity of weed (untested) to a dispensary until Dec. 31st. They’re expecting a shortage. No $#!t!

2 Likes