Currently available cuts/seeds with strong incense smell while burning

Greetings,

I have fond memories from a couple decades ago when I smoked some sativas in Vancouver (such as Krush) that always left a very very strong smell of fine incense when smoking that filled the room and hung in the air for what seemed like hours after. It was often the smell that greeted me when walking into the New Amsterdam cafe on Hastings.

I also enjoyed some hazes in actual Amsterdam that had this trait but I can’t remember exactly which ones.

I know some Kush varieties also have this trait. Especially old Master Kush and Bubba.

And I recently grew a Mental Floss that had smoke like this but didn’t keep a clone. Plus I would really like to find this trait in a heavy/dreamy haze high type instead of the hashplant-y Mental Floss type.

This topic has been brought up a few times in the past but I would like to revisit it now with a focus on what is currently available.

I mostly associate this incense smoke with strains that have musky/spiced aromas such a old Kali Mist, A5, Skunk/Haze etc.

But a lot of my research and also personal experience says that whatever is going around in the A5 hybrids available in this most current ‘wave’ of them don’t have this trait reliably.

I have also tried a few different Kali Mist hybrids/recreations with no luck.

I have not tried any of the Ace Nevil’s Haze hybrids which could be a good chance at it I think.

Their Killer A5 did not have any yet for me though out of just a few plants I’ve grown.

Other readily available seed lines I’ve recently researched but not tried:

Dinafem Royal Haze
Blimburn Santa Muerte

Obviously not my first choice of breeders but people have said that they do find these aromas in those seed lines.

And obviously I could go down the rabbit hole of Mr. Nice current offerings since they have Nevil’s Haze, Mango Haze, various Skunk/Haze type things but my research tells me it could be quite a numbers hunt to find something like the old days in there.

At that point I would rather just seek out a currently available clone that has this trait I’m looking for.

Obviously Piff is back in vogue now and Piff is associated with incensed, spiced, piney and terpinolene aromas of a good old haze but do any of the current ‘hype’ Piff based cuts have this particular “incense smell while burning” trait in abundance?

Because I find having bud that smells piffy does not necessarily mean that it will also have the incense smoke trait.

Bandaid Haze? Haley’s? That current Cuban Black Haze that goes around? (which I’m pretty sure isn’t real CBH, maybe an S1)?

Do any of these have it? I researched Bandaid Haze a lot (as I have some Bandaid haze hybrids seeds) and many people say No.

I have Cuban Black Haze Bx seeds but its based off this CBH clone that goes around these days which honestly looks very chunky and more like a Cough hybrid or something. So I don’t have much faith that it will indeed be very Piffy.

What do you think? Anything out there currently with that really strong ‘room note’ to it.

As I grow and search more and more I realize it is very time consuming in the end especially when you don’t find what you are looking for so I come to the community in hopes that we can lock down what is the ‘real deal’ in the current market.

Any experiences and insights would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Im in vancouver and ive been looking aswell for those traits for 15 or more years. I got some stuff called Purple indica and it is pretty my what your describing . Ive gotin seeds of it and yeah was nothing like what I had and I had some Rene Haze couple years back that jad that profile but couldnt find and seeds of it. My next look is into (PPP) seen some things on it and it has every terp in it apparently and high percentage. I totally know what you mean about the incense smell that sticks around and taste as well. Dont know if I helped or confused you more ill be watching this thread cheers.

Purple Indica!

I had that one a few times back in the day. Great smoke. I’ve heard it talked about a lot on some podcasts and such, as people are reminiscing about the old days so often now.

But as you said, I don’t know if the old plant is actually still around in its true form or in seeds.

Which seed line of it did you run?

I think a lot of strains can leave a pleasant aroma in the air after smoking that isn’t the normal skunky, funky ‘weed’ smoke smell.

Especially some Kush leaves a very fine scent in the air I find.

And lots of Jack Herer, SSH and other Skunk/Haze/Northern Lights combos do leave a bit of an incense aroma in the air.

But it seems only particular strains or phenos hit the room like BOOM.

There are certain ones where the instant it is lit it is overpowering. Or if you light up at a concert or gathering everyone will be looking around like what is THAT??

That’s what I’m after haha

1 Like

I ran out some black domina x 88g13hp recently and one female definitely had a strong perfumed incense smell that lingered in the air. Extremely good flower but needed a decent cure to get to that point.

I’m keen to hear any other recommendations myself.

4 Likes

CSI seed company

3 Likes

I used to keep my incense burners just outside of one of my tents. For so long all I grew tasted like incense smelled, no matter the type. Once I moved my burner everything started tasting the way it was supposed to again. YMMV.

Bandaid haze has the incense trait for sure. Some other recent ones in the haze lines that do - SSH does, lavender jack does (from the jack). Bodhi’s g13hp male brings an incense trait like this but its different than the haze incense.

3 Likes

Yeah I was gonna say the Bandaid’s are probably the best chance at finding it easily.

Maybe some Cuban black haze or other a5 crosses too :man_shrugging:

2 Likes