Favorite bud flavors

After trying so many new strains in the past few years, I’ve mostly narrowed down my likes and dislikes.

Faves: Skunky, diesel, fuel, solvent type flavors

2nd: Citrus

Least fave: Chocolate, cookie, candy, tobacco like flavors

What are yours?

13 Likes

My preferences in bud tastes has evolved over the years I’ve been smoking.
Many years ago I had a preference for “sweet” tasting buds and any variation of sweet.

For the past 5 or 10 years I have found myself leaning more towards, and actually craving, earthy type flavors. Earthy smoke with notes of spicy, hashy goodness really satisfies like no other nowadays.

I do not really dislike any flavor profile, I simply like some more than others.

13 Likes

My favorite flavors are floral and sweet. I also like the bread/cookie flavors and spicy Kush type flavors.

I’m not a huge fan of fuel/solvent smells, but usually when my weed (Mexican commercial) had that it was literally fuel or a solvent used to mask the smell when driving over the border.

9 Likes

I will take “Haze” over all others, then Sweet with Citrus please.

5 Likes

I guess mine aren’t really dislikes. Just least favorites too.

Wish I could send a flavor through the computer for you two spicy fans. My cherry berry white has become like a spice bomb. It’s filling the whole house the smell carries right through to the flavor.

@Jetdro remind me what haze tastes like?

3 Likes

I do not know how to describe it, but once tasted you never forget it…
a spicy scent accented by hints of citrus and earthy sweetness is as close as I can get…

I ran a Kali Mist back in the day that tasted like THAI FOOD …spicy spicy, make you near sneeze smelling it.
NOT pepper however, maybe hints of pepper, but more nuanced than just black pepper…sounds like your Berry White

Haze strains taste “brighter”; they are said to have earthy-sweet citrus profiles with an almost a sweet-and-sour flavor

5 Likes

I like lemony or fruity flavors as well as earthy kushes like Bubba Kush

4 Likes

You’d love the girl Scout cookies I just took down from outside…a really classic haze taste to it. Haze to me tastes like root beer, love it

I also love orange or lemon and pine.

3 Likes

I do like GSC…hype or not, fantastic taste and good buzz also.

Root Beer…hmmmm, can see that…and I like Root Beer!!

I LOVE PINE…like the high mountain Mex we got once in a blue moon in the 70’s, have not had a strong “pine” since then.

Lemon escapes me, not my taste…ORANGE, now your talking, like the Orange Goji Im smoking right now, Orange rinds/Citrus/hashy/thick

4 Likes

One of my faves is stardawg because it’s got that potent dieselly chemical smell and the flavour is no different to the smell really so I’m a big fan of that but to be honest other than that I love anything that a piney kind of spice don’t know how to explain it but like a peppery pine just gets my mouth juicy rather than cottonmouth.

5 Likes

I like to many to name so I’ll just post what I don’t like and that’s sharpie and marshmallows terps they never taste great

4 Likes

I enjoy the strains that have a rockets taste to them. Kinda minty cool candy flavour. But I’ll smoke any flav :joy:

5 Likes

I’m a huge fan of skunk, pine and earth. They tend to do the trick with an overwhelming stone.

5 Likes

Everybody’s different taste buds are so interesting to me. Funny @beacher Girl Scout Cookies is one of my least favorite strains and it is so popular. @Mongobongo and @ReikoX sound like they would really like it too as they like the candy/food like flavors .

6 Likes

My best candy terp to memory was a chocolopez… absolutely delicious :v:.

5 Likes

My buddy brought over this LA Confidential once that had the best taste ever. Spicy pine. Really strong taste. Never again did it taste that good, no matter which dispensary I got it from. Maybe I should try growing an auto of the stuff next year, just to see how I would fair with it. Or maybe they mislabeled the weed.

5 Likes

My favorites are the fruity and skunky types. Not a big fan of earthy flavors and all the cookies type ones end up tasting that way to me. It’s kind of weird to me too because I used to get some hash with a bit of an earthy taste that I liked a lot, just dont like it in bud tho. Never had any spicy tasting stuff.

3 Likes

So far this year I’ve ended up with the following flavors:

Kushage- Sweet fruit/slight skunk
Holy Punch - Sweet/Fruit (juicyfruit gum)
Botafumeiros - Pine/Spicy
OG Skunk - Skunk/Citrus
Jungle Spice- Grapefruit
Cherry Berry White - Spicy
Charlotte’s Angel CBD - Skunk/Earthy/spice

4 Likes

I don’t think i have smoked a weed that was grown right/flushed right that i didn’t like the flavor of but i will attempt to make a list of favorite bud flavors and least favorites
in no particular order
like :
haze- frankincense, myrrh, palo santo, eucalyptus, sage, jasmine, lemon/lime, juniper, jin,
diesel/chem- premium leaded diesel/cocaine, unleaded fuel/gasoline with sulfur, fresh grass/ petroleum ether, sour creamy rotten milk hairspray, the day after drinking and eating too much chocolates bad breath, ethanol, lysol, pinesol
skunk- body odor, musk, meat dissolved in diesel- roadkill. sweet meat pie, carrot/garlic/onion/celery, menthol
og- sour fuel/gasl, lemon fue;/gas, lime fuel/gas, earthy gas/fuel, berry fuel/gas, hops, marshmellows
kush- coffee, mud, Forrest, mint, spices, chocolate
cookie- dough, yeast, bread, chocolate, sweet, sugar,
other- pepper, swamp/bog mud, black licorice, ammonia, pine
fruit- guava, pineapple, apple, mango, strawberry, blueberry, cherry, blackberry, green bananas
purple- body odor, musk, lavender, wine, baby food, throw up, shit
I cant say i tried any properly flushed weed that i didnt like its flavor but some flavors get me less high than others

sweet, cookie and meaty flavors dont get me as high as others

i have yet to try a real cheese flavor

5 Likes

me too :slight_smile: I have looked long hard for that pine

with no real luck :frowning: but searching is fun

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes