DaFozz's Skywalker OG Experiment

Damn… been busy the last little while… Got to spend a lot of quality time in the backyard, taking advantage of some nicer weather on the weekend to get some prep work done on the veggie garden and flower beds… In between, I managed to choppity-chop my Skywalker OG and get it hanging…

I decided to try a couple/few methods of drying to see which I prefer… Did wet-trim hanging, wet-trim on screen, and dry-trim hanging just to give me different perspectives and tastes. The sugar leaf and smaller bud will be sacrificed for my first attempt at Cannabutter, and a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Not really sure of any weights, as, oddly enough I don’t own a scale… never have, not even a Pesola from the old days… another future acquisition, but I think a PPM/Ph meter takes precedence. It should fill a few jars though, and for my first run I certainly can’t complain… The scissor-hash was good…lol and trim jail was more fun than real jail…

I’ll have to give a true smoke test after a cure, but it looks and smells pretty close to what I was purchasing at a buck-fifty an oz… Feels strange now when I think that the last bag I bought, will in most likelihood be the “Last Bag” I buy for a very long time… A tip of the :tophat: to the many mentors here on OG that helped by providing the information to make this as uncomplicated as it turned out to be…

A few pictures…

Three coat hangers of each hanging and drying plus the extras so I can’t really complain about yield from a 20" X 20 " space with 180W of SIL light… Lots of room to improve, but it’ll do for now… and it opens up more space for Mr. S’s Autos…:v:

Oh, and a good pair of trimming scissors is on the radar too…

Thanks for stopping in… Now I have some thread-reading to catch up on and hopefully update my Auto thread if I don’t pass out…

Peace
DaFozz

16 Likes

Congrats, man! There is nothing that can possibly beat some good homegrown, imo.

6 Likes

Thank you kind sir… and I certainly have to agree on the homegrown aspect… looking forward to the cure and the cookies…

And all that info locked into the memory bank…

Peace
DaFozz

8 Likes

Just thought I would do a little update on what I have been up to with the Skywalker OG lately…

As stated earlier, I planned to try and make some cannabutter with the sugar leaf and small bud, and personally, for a first attempt, I think it turned out fairly decent. Not too “green” tasting and not an overwhelming kick either. I can eat a whole chocolate chip cookie and not have the room spin out on me, just a nice mellow buzz to take the edge off. I can see myself making a few more batches in the future…

As for a preliminary “taste test”, I have to say I am certainly satisfied with how it turned out, as well as knowing it will taste and smoke even better after a longer cure…

I am glad I have kept cuts of this going, as I know I will be doing another round with them. They were fairly trouble-free to grow, provide a decent yield for the given space (thank you scrog), and it’s a nice smoke in my books. Oh yeah, and absolutely no sign of any bug/pest infestation, so for that alone I am thankful…

I am also thankful for the many great threads I have read through that have enabled me to get to this point… You were all in my thoughts when I was setting fire to my “first bowl” of my own homegrown…:clap::clap::clap:

Peace
DaFozz

14 Likes

Congrats, nothing like that first bowl you’ve grown yourself.
:+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Isn’t that freaking marvelous? One of the best things ever, imo.

8 Likes

Looks real dank. The only thing is that other weed is ruined forever for you now…no going back lol

8 Likes

No joke. I rarely want to smoke anything I didn’t grow myself, and I haven’t come anywhere near running out in over ten years.

8 Likes

Sooo nicely put brother. I love it!!! :heart:

3 Likes