Señor Christmas' Fuck-Ups (And Downs), 2023 edition

Howdy y’all, I’m back on my bullshit!

My last grow was a bust, and I apologize for anyone who was excited for the results. The original people who were going to take over the grow after I moved bailed on it last minute. Anyway, that’s the past. I’m finally settled enough to start my next grow.

I won’t be posting the roster until I give all the seeds enough time to pop. I’m not too positive a lot of them will sprout since I’ve already had to chuck a handful due to mold developing.

That’s all for now, I appreciate you for stopping by.

¡Buenos humos!

28 Likes

Here’s my other two fuck ups for anyone interested.

11 Likes

There you go man, get back in there!

3 Likes

Hey Mr.Christmas,
Looks like a lively bunch in your tent. I myself, have not done well using egg cartons, well more so the carboard type, the foam ones I did well in. I used them more for vegetable seeds, but some cannabis also.
Cardboard ones, seem to me like their made with mold growing spores in them for me anyway.

Wish you all the best in your grow!!

5 Likes

Wishing you the best this time my friend!

1 Like

What it do, webeblzr?

I wasn’t too thrilled to use the egg cart. I’m betting it’s going to be a pain to transplant from it too, but I popped more seeds than I had containers for. What other recyclable containers have you used in the past besides egg cartons?

Thank you for the well wishes.

3 Likes

Muchas gracias! These plants need all the good vibes they can get, they’re about to be put through the ringer!!!

1 Like

Nice grow you’ve got started @Mr.Christmas
Wishing you luck this run…:v:t4::alien:

1 Like

Hey Mr. Christmas, oh my, I am a scrounge, my first few years, yogurt cups, the ecoterrorist single servers, are the best.
We had grandkids running about at times, and the first time I saw like 7-8 of the spent cups in trash, I thought size seems perfect. Burned a few drain holes. Used them a few times, and tossed.
The foam type egg cartons, did not mold up for me.
I also peruse the local cheapo re-sellar type stores, in our area it’s Ollies, and started to buy sleeves of 2-3-4 ounces cups, the paper/wax types could mold a bit, not the plastic ones, I could reuse a few times. I’m not fearful of mold, and not all mold is harmful, to us.
I also tried the you fold, type of paper pots, you can fold up from newspaper, but saw more mold than I care for. lot of YouTubes for those.
I also once a bought a box of the peat slices, that you rehydrate, I think I got them for a penny a piece. I really liked them, but could never match that first sell out price.
Now, I just keep extra 4"or 5" nursery pots on hand.
I save yellow advertising shit, or cut cardboard that is yellow, then paint some Tangle Trap, on it and have sticky traps for pennies. Save some blue material, and you can attract Thrips to the sticky lair.
Sorry Mr. Christmas, I’m babbling now.

6 Likes

I’m planning to use keurig cups from here on out, they’re the perfect size for starter pots. I actually started out in peat pots, but I drowned my seedlings in water. Who knew water was bad for plants?

3 Likes

I went ahead and disposed of the seedlings that hadn’t broken soil. The following cultivars remain:

1. Solfire Garden’s G-Ride (fem)

Pic by Solfire

(Gary Payton x Hood Candyz)

I have 4 of these bad bois. the other two seeds that came in the pack were traded for all the dud seeds I just threw out. lol.

The lineage of it is filled with Cookies, which I know is a hype strain with a lot of mixed opinions on it. Never tried it myself, so no real opinion. I originally decided to try this fella out because an internet homie of mine swears by him. So far been real impressed with his stuff. Real aggressive seeds, all of them.

1. Rare Dankness’ Moonshine Haze

Picture by Rare Dankness

Amnesia Haze X Nevil's Wreck

The 2011 High Times Cannabis Cup Sativa Winner.

The Amnesia Haze that mothers this hybrid came from the Soma seeds collection from the 2005-2009 series, which was a little more Afghani dominant. Still this gal reeks of Haze with a creative, productive high. Tropical fruit punch, pine sol, and haze.

70+ days flower time.

This is the only seed that popped from the trade. Hoping it’s that magical 1 bean that that one dude used to climb to the sky and rob from giants that one time.

1. Purple City Genetics Bombay Crush (fem)
    Triangle Kush x Durban Biscotti

No picture, no description.

I’m growing these cuz a homie gifted me the pack to grow. There’s 6, all being super stretchy except for one.

1. Respect Genetics’ Super B x Blue Cheese f2

No info on this one either. Only popped 2. Some freebies from JBC, I was sad to not be able to try his DLE #5 cross. Anyway, I’m hoping I get some real cheesy stuff. The type of stuff that makes lactose intolerant peeps jealous.

1. OverGrow’s @Maddawg : Purple Punch x Do-Si-Dos

Picture by the man, the myth, the legend : Maddawg. 

I’m psyched to finally be growing these suckers. This cultivar is one of my favorite, and I’ve sadly had some trouble but finally have sprouted 3.

Background on the grow

• I’m growing in a 50/50 mix of Roots organic 707 and ProMix HP. The reason behind it is that I don’t know. Wanted to try it.
  • The nutrients I’m using is Advanced Nutrient’s connoisseur line.
  • I currently have the plants in a 2x2 under a vivosun 160w LED with the intention of moving them to my recently purchased used 4x8, where they’ll be under 2 HLG Scorpion Diablo’s 2.0s.
    ‎‎

Pardon my Swahili, but fuck those little black pots I purchased. If I had to choose between randomly stubbing my toe 2 times in the following month OR using those pots again; I’d be wearing steal toes 24/7 for the next month.

That’s all for now folk, thank you for your time.

Buenos humos.

12 Likes

Amazing genetics uve got going brother!

2 Likes

Beautiful plants!! Great genetic lines also!! What do you hate about nursery pots? Are they 4" or 5"? Just curious.

1 Like

Thank you mi amigo. I’m excited for that Moonshine Haze. Have heard great things about it from everyone who’s smoked it.

Thank ya! They’re 2.5 in pots that I trimmed to be short. The issue with them is they have a weird bottom design that made it a pain in the ╰⋃╯ to transplant.

3 Likes

I so get that, so not laughing at you at all EVER, but that made me giggle!!

1 Like

People usually say I’m funny!
funny looking…

Happy Saturday y’all. I’m ready to get this grow over with so I can move on to my next project. Really want to pop the Skelly HP seeds I got from Crickets and Cicada and hopefully get to try my hand at creating some seed stock through open pollination.

I typically veg for 120 days, but I’m not sure if I can wait that long this time. Decisions, decisions…

Anyway, hope everyone has a productive weekend.

:santa:t3:

3 Likes

120 day veg? That’s a long time brother.
What medium are you growing in?
I use dwc and coco/perlite and with 40-50 days I’m ready to flower after having topped 3 times.
Have a wonderful weekend bro!

1 Like

You too hermano. Appreciate it.

I grow in good ol’ soil. I like working with bigger plants, plus enjoy the increased bud at the end lol. I may go shorter with this one. We shall see said the blind man.

2 Likes

I’ll be needing to transplant the G-Rides again here soon.

10 Likes

OK… Now that’s different…
{and this is getting even more interesting… :+1:}

Cheers
G

2 Likes