Dancing the Tropical Boogie with Topicalwave

Hey again you cannabis nerds - and I mean that in that in the best way. You are my people. So I am finally getting going again after a move into a new place. I have decided to pop 8 of @MAHAKALA’s Tropical Boogie. Which is apparently a 26 year old cut of Kona Gold crossed with his stud Tom Hill Haze male he has been working with he calls Mr. Shine. I have grown his Mindblower Haze which uses the same male and it was fantastic. I know @TexasTea was very enamored with Tropical Boogie. Anyways I will let Maha drop his description.

“A Hawaiian haze of the highest order. Everybody should try a good Hawaiian haze at least once. And this is it. The Famous Kona Gold, a 26-year-old cut, was hit with our super potent Thaihaze male. The Thaihaze clear cerebral high with magic emotions from Hawaiian is a combination that is hard to beat. Hawaiian fruity nectar sweetness with mentholy schnapps background combined with sour haze musk incense. Give it a try and you will dance a Hawaiian boogie in space!”

Flowering time: 12 - 13 weeks.
Yield: 500—650 gr per square meter

Im hoping mine ends up looking that good. This will be my first run with autopots, jacks, and coco so wish me luck! I just transplanted them into some peat pots that I put lots of holes in and plan to rip off the bottom… I hear they dont actually let roots through. I got distracted this past week so they are a little ragged but I am sure they will be fine.

27 Likes

the mix you describe sounds like fantastic day time meds.

Haze, Thai and Hawaiian’ each have their own thing going but also a similar vibe.

i wish you nothing but the best of luck!

cheers

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d say you’ve had a busy week! You hosted a great auction for the Brain Tumor Foundation of Canada. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love a good sativa and look forward to watching your grow. :green_heart:

3 Likes

I have a pack of these waiting in the wings, so I’ll be keeping a close eye on your run to see what I’m in for haha. Good luck!

1 Like

Sounds like good medicine, good luck with your grow.

2 Likes

Were those from me?

1 Like

Nope, I bought them from Maha direct, through email. That was at least a year ago, maybe more.

1 Like

Let’s Gooo!! This will be a good show! I have Grand Funk penciled in for my next nld run but if I’m in a new place and don’t have the same time constrictions I have here I might pop the NH x VB/LH. Either way something of Mahas will be included.

2 Likes

Nice, ever since I grew out that Mindblower Haze from him I have been pretty enamored with his work. I didn’t even do a great job finishing them off and the smoke was still far and away the best I have grown. I think you were impressed with it as well when I gave you a slice when we first met.

I also have been really wanting to try a Hawaiian heirloom as well, I was lucky enough to smoke a joint with a local in Hawaii he said his buddy grew… it put me in a fantastic mood. (Could have also been the fact I hadnt smoked in a week and I was in a tropical paradise but thats besiides the point). So this kinda tick off two boxes. The plan will be to grow them to around the 5th node, top em, save clones and toss them pretty much staight into flower. I am going to try 6 autopots in my 2m x 1.4m room my better half has allowed me to build in. I still need to source a light… I found a 630cmh fixture for 40$ but buying CMH bulbs is expensive and the fixture says something about only using proprietary cmh bulbs - not sure if its marketing or an actual safety issue. I will keep my 2x4 for vegging and cloning.

I am hoping for at least 4 females… I have had good luck in the past with like 75% females but I have to regress to the mean at some point haha.

I may post up a few pics today… not much happening with the plants. They are still in the late seedling stage. One though seems to have stopped growing… or rather it doesn’t seem to have a visible main meristem and is stuck on three leaves. I havent encountered this before.

Not gonna lie I have been kind of not measuring perfectly my Jacks 321… just throwing in some until I am around 900- 1000 ppm and 6.0ph. I shiould probabaly start doing that.

PS Like I say anytime your around my area and want a beer or a joint hit me up. We can bitch about JT it will be fun.

4 Likes

Haha don’t be like me! Don’t half ass it lol measure them nutes!
I think you’re gonna be surprised of the size of those plants in Auto pots! Or maybe you’re expecting it. Should be really good though.

I wish I could help but I know nothing with cmh. I lucked out and was able to find an analog ballast for my hps. I’ll probably always run one in flowering but who knows when I expand… but I really like having it in conjunction with the leds. What brand is the cmh you grabbed?

Hahaha I’ll see, I told my sister I would come up there at least once before work but with my trip and renewing tickets and finishing up the garden here and all the shit I’ve been procrastinating…its tough haha. But I would like to get together again!

1 Like

Not much going on but I figured I would throw up a few pics.

As you can see they are still seedings… Or at least very early veg. Not much going on except the one that seems to have lost it’s meristem and topped itself before it even had three leaves. I also have one straggler that may or may not catch up. Other than that nothing much to share yet.

Here is the small room I am allocating as a grow room. It’s not big but it’s mine and it will be a huge upgrade over a tent. As you can see I just am storing some grow equipment there for now. I plan to eventually build a cabinet outside the room to discreetly hold the autopot reservoir. I also have to flip the door so half my space isn’t taken up by it, but I see so much potential.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It’s still abnormally warm here. The dogs are loving it.

This one is too lazy to go outside and enjoy it though the lump.

8 Likes

I transplanted out of the horrible jiffy pots and into 1 gallon pots. They seem to be much happier after.

Again not much to say as of yet… I have been measuring my Jacks with a digital scale which I am sure helps as well. They also have had a few feelings of chitosal and microbial mass.

Have a great weekend!

7 Likes

So I am liking Jacks and Coco, I am seeing some very explosive growth and they seem very happy.

I also have a line on some used 630W CMH fixtures for 50$ each including bulbs. I am tight on money right now so I think I might grab em. My debate is whether I need 1 or 2… my new space will be about 30 sq ft. Gonna think on it for a day or two.

6 Likes

Glad I found this thread! I’ll be following along. Wanted to run Juicy Woo outside this summer.

They are looking great :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hmm possibly running into the start of deficiency or lock out possibly.

I have been running my Jacks 321 (proper ratios now Fitz!) at 2.2 ec with a small bit of added chitosal and microbial mass. I think next time I mix up a batch of water I am going to aim for closer to 2.0 ec. I see some clawing in the new growth and wonder if I am feeding a bit too much Nitrogen. its at around 6 ph - I use strips so its between 5.75 and 6.1ish. Again this is my first run with coco/Jacks any advide is welcome. I’m not going to stress too much about it though as the overall heath and growth rate is still good.

Off to go pickup those 630w CMHs this week. Just over a 100$ for 1260w of CSA approved ( I get a little sketched by my chinese qb with no saftely certs…) CMH lights. The fixtures look wide angle which is I think what I want for my usage to get full spread. They are also 2 315 lamps per fixture which I sort of prefer to a 630 lamp. Anyone know how high people usually try to keep their cmhs from their canopy?

Now I just need to find a filter and fan and I should be good to go other than a few small things as far as building out the new room.

5 Likes

Plants are vegging along. A couple are dealing with what I think too much nitrogen so I have cut that. I aim for about 1.5-1.6 EC now. Hoping to sex them soon.

4 Likes