Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

I promised after the New Year you’d get to grow this fire you’ve been watching for awhile. I always keep my word :facepunch:

10 Likes

Envelopes are going out today :grin:

7 Likes

I get a goosebump every time with that quote.

2 Likes

Indeed! Tony Montana is a no nonsense character and that’s how I am. My word means everything. At the end of the day, behind our tags on a LCD screen, it’s all we have to show for :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Those are two things I will never break. My word and my balls, but in real life I like to think I can be funny as hell for I am the Laughing Man.

@OriginalDankmaster96 I am happy to see the work you have accomplished with your quest for the pine terp you have been working on. Only seems like yesterday you were asking me about the Crippy I found on Strainly.

5 Likes

I know, I had that Krippy Kush to start with as a complete waste of money. If I couldn’t match TC or Corn, I was planning on falling back on Shoreline. I believe the best outcome was using Xmas as breeding material than wanting to find a female for stash and then crossing TC into it, which I don’t think was possible anyway. The CripXmas A and A2 IS essentially Xmas bud w the terps, with TC/PTK potency and a complementing NL2 finish. I’m planning on doing more F4 and I will sending you some as my thanks. I wouldn’t want you to be without getting to try this yourself :wink::facepunch::evergreen_tree::pray:

Ah I didn’t know that was your avatar, Bandai- Namco is my FAVORITE game company. The Tales franchise is just cult from FF and Dragon Warrior. I’m hoping to see more from Scarlet Nexus.

6 Likes

I know I need to get back to my work with my Crippy stock. Spent most of the last year doing work with AMG Sour and the associated crosses. I still have a few TC beans left to work with, as long as I can get a male I can make a more stable BX by crossing TC with Coastal Crippy that I made.

4 Likes

I’m voting for amg sour crippy :grin:

1 Like

I am not completely sold on that idea. I do not think that would be a good pairing. That is why when I made the Coastal Crippy I crossed TC with SFV OG BX3. I feel Crippy and any hybrid I do with it should be a 9 week max flowering time. Plus I feel that Crippy is a good pairing with kush. I think the AMG would be to overpowering for the cross due to the haze in its lineage.

Edit: If someone thinks otherwise I would like to hear there reasoning.

2 Likes

How about just sour and crippy?

1 Like

I do have some Sour Diesel BX4…But I am not sure about that.

2 Likes

I’d cross everything to sour :joy:

1 Like

Now I do have some South Florida OG that would be a perfect candidate to cross with Sour Diesel.

1 Like

That’s my new vote!!

1 Like

I cook professionally for a living so I think about my crosses in a similar way to how I pair a meal with the correct wine.

5 Likes

Unfortunately I think it conflicts with pinene/terpineol, and won’t bring it out as well. I’ve long felt certain terps won’t pair well together, part of the reason it was getting diluted out :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

This is probably true. I’d still do just for the wild card effect. I’ve had accidentally pollination that turned out much better than my planned ones. So I’m open to doing crosses even if it’s not something I have considered

4 Likes

Yup, the incidentals have turned out surprising on my end as well. The plants A and B CripXmas F3 are only because the PTK male was going at the time and I had the one female TC x Xmas and pollen made it to the tent (makes one think it’s kinda good to have a male even if the intent wasn’t to use it) but I’m not surprised, during dark hours after tent is closed and I’ve gone in the bathroom and with a flashlight I see all the particles in the air floating around. It’s really easy for it to stay airborne. Even with 2 air cleaners impossible to keep 100% out. If several calyx recede it’s lucky more don’t get hit before the window closes on pollination. I consider it a victory to have a few rouge seed while having a male cranking out the sacks of grapes :grin:

5 Likes

I always try to let the wild card factor into my project.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more brother :facepunch::wink: Wild cards can bring something new

5 Likes