Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

I try to use bho or hash so I can get a rough estimate on milligrams per serving. My neighbor is good at 30 my other people with pain are good at 60+

1 Like

I remember giving a brownie to a co-worker last year. That batch only had 1/2oz in it, she took it that night and was stoned like a biblical wh@$e for two days.

1 Like

:joy: trying to avoid that :joy: had to come to the conclusion that most people really only want 15-30 mg doses. Anything over that is all medical

1 Like

O no, best part was after she told me that and how she had to call out from work because of it I asked her if she wanted another one. She did not hesitate to say “O Hell Yea” :rofl:

1 Like

That’s awesome. I get the other response. My wife just started eating edibles again after years because I made them to strong for her!

1 Like

I usually do around 1/2oz per batch if I want to serve 2 inch by 2 inch squares. But if I do an ounce or more. No more than 1.25ozs then I do 1 inch by 1 inch squares.

1 Like

I just make an 8 by 8 and tell them it’s 24 servings :joy:

1 Like

Once one steps over the line for success there’s no turning back !!
Their eyes are focused upon what lies ahead …
The work is rewarding in the long run but in the end satisfaction…
I do wanna make seeds eventually but search not chuck… and then chuck haha

I have a couple cups available and ready!

2 Likes

Nice! It’s been a long journey, glad to hear you’re reaching what might be the destination. Haven’t managed to find a pine plant since the NL I ran about three years back, that’s awesome if you’ve got this cross reliably producing them again. Even better if it’s potent enough to make you forget what you were looking for in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Awesome work. I love that pine.

2 Likes

Here’s what I’ve already collected not even busting in the top cola that is fully seeded. Storage jars arrived today so I’m going to pick up the pace and pick them out faster so we’re ready to start as soon as I have it all done

A

B

Now we have another interesting expression from the TC A x NL’s I started. 2 are doing the normal growth pattern, but 1 went opposite and guess what, it’s female, which I will move to a bigger container and flower

2 regular growth

Opposite phyllotaxy from 2nd node

I’ve decided to start the TC A x Xmas for flip. I think she’s ready to show us how a bushier plant will preform. I will dust those unders at 2-3 weeks w NL2 while it’s still fresh from collecting

You’re exactly right @Rabeats2093 I was determined to ID what linage Crippy is, confirm which breeders are being truthful if real, and if it were the case if no positive match found, to recreate as a close as possible to the old early 90’s pine version, and I knew I needed those pine cultivars reputed and known for the best combination possible. Here’s my thoughts on selecting/population/chucking. While larger numbers to select from provides more candidates, it’s not necessarily the only way. It can still be done in smaller groups, but who is to say that first group should be the selection. If one plant shows the right potential, that’s what matters. If no plants show any potential they shouldn’t be used, and a next round should be done until there’s the right donor to cross with. I see chucking as using ANY male to ANY female and that’s not something I’ll do. It’s rigorous observation to maturity and at flowering, especially initial stretching. I will always document a male I see as potential so everyone can see if the potential is visibly evident for themselves. I digress, but for me if I have a male going the only way is if it’s inadvertently crossed to any female flowering at the time. And yes the RIGHT male to any female is better to chuck than just any to any.

@Cormoran Thanks, I appreciate it. The testers will confirm if that consistency is there. The 2nd generation is as consistent as the 1st, and with 3rd IBL I think it will remain stable and consistent. The fact that two different phenotypes are consistent in flavor gives that indicator. Yes though the years I’ve heard NL’s being piney, and that’s why I’ve chosen NL2, but my whole intention has been to keep all strains used in the same family heritage and not going outside the Afghani /Pakistani lines. I believe the PTK and TC did combine potency, so now they’ve become a powerhouse of pine and mint. This is the first test I’m putting out of this, so everything else remains to be seen but you’ll no doubt have it as everyone on OG. Everyone else not apart or outside of OG will have to buy it if they want to grow it :smirk:

10 Likes

Now that’s some Intriguing shit right there !
That was a whole lot to read but made perfect sense to me ! …stick to your guns and select traits related to said strain and keep on plucking …
“Pan enough dirt you’ll find gold”
Some people find it first shovel full

Keep it real brother!

6 Likes

So far 116 on A…9 slots are open now. I reserve 1/4.

B has double the number just by looking, so I’d say 200 since it’s 2 layers in the jar. More than enough by the time I’m done.

And the 3rd now has Xmas A male incorporated, so both original Xmas F1 to the Xmas pheno. These I’ll do w @Carty Pine 06 to find another Xmas male that shows both A and C traits combined.

I’m not done collecting though, so there’s more, but WHO else is joining the testing phase ? My original testers do get BOTH for sticking w me, and Emerald Green. So 6 left are open on A. A few more will open up, but will be far less than B total. Once what’s available is spoken for, B is your only choice.

Also, for my Canadian friends who are interested, I’ll designate one intermediary to receive the packs via first class and send them out from within the country.

If your name isn’t tagged, post or DM me…

@Greenfingers
@DrGonzo13
@Emeraldgreen
@Rabeats2093
@firehead
@Kabuddha
@Phil_Bombs
@Smooth
@420noob

14 Likes

Excellent!! I’m looking forward to growing these. I have high :joy: hopes for the A outside!

4 Likes

Wow that’s pretty cool I think I am going to be seeing how they do outside @Emeraldgreen Happy Growing The Doc… great job with these guys and gals @OriginalDankmaster96 it’s just been a GREAT grow and show that’s gonna start getting really exciting

4 Likes

Yes, I do think it’s a good choice. They can grow during the height of the growing season and finish before the issues of wetter and cooler months start :+1: So you can’t go wrong.

4 Likes

Bro I appreciate you!
I definitely will have some sprouting with all the vegetables to be ready to put out once the warm weather comes in
If I have enough space inside and enough time for one more run before the humidity strikes I would definitely be giving them a shot!!

3 Likes

That’s my hope. I’d love to find something that finished middle of August to the middle of September. That would be awesome

3 Likes

Exactly …middle of August would be prime …maybe a force flower …a couple weeks before hand …August can be a tricky season as well

3 Likes

I got a good feeling about the season of 2023. Thanks again my friend.:green_heart:

4 Likes