Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

Not exclusively, but I do think in conjunction w other cultivars it has a place to shine. I don’t believe, I have hope I’ll find something worthwhile, and no one can’t know for sure until the seed is grown out, but hey I’ll be the first to say you were right. So is it only being sold as breeding material since it’s not all that . Kind of like G13 whereas the hybrids preform and have better results ? Is that how I should see it ?

5 Likes

I think it’s kind of like RKS…everyone’s chasing that mythological shit from when they were a kid but it’s never how anyone remembers it. I think memory is a malleable thing…I talk about that often. You and I aren’t the only people looking for that “insanely piney bud” we got back in the day. I’ve just never found it. OG Kush is very piney, pinier than Christmas Bud.

Not sure how other people are using it…it’s definitely useful in that regard. You aren’t gonna be that excited once the pure line dries haha. It is very old school…very mellow smoke…not strong at all. Dries yellowish with sandy trichomes…not lime green and sticky. Kids today would call it backyard mids lol.

7 Likes

I’m not talking about that. I said thanks for the info. I had NDNs Christmas Tree Bud seeds mailed to me when they first came out. This is around 2013.
A member sent all of us seeds on the forum I was in for Christmas. (Cannetics) They came from NDNguy directly as a gift. Afterwards years later they are still circulating.
I grew a couple and they were runts. The others did not pop for me. I thought about buying some nowadays. I wont now. Again…thanks for the info. :grinning: :v:

6 Likes

They’re all runts lol. It grows like a cactus-weed hybrid.

It might even get shorter during flowering stretch haha. Hyperbole but damn I think I noted a 25% stretch and that’s pushing it.

5 Likes

The ones I grew were pretty bad lol. I agree its like RKS. :joy: It always causes debates. lol

2 Likes

Actually that sounds nice. Being in my mid 40’s it isn’t about being blasted as it was when younger. In fact I get a screaming headache when it’s too strong and I do like smoking to savor the flavor. There is something to be said for mild potency than getting blitzed all the time. That’s just me though…

11 Likes

Well today is quite active…

Just got this… interesting. Harder shells. I think I said these seem to have harder shells than normal. I took the point of a razor against the seam and back into water At any rate, I’m inclined to believe what’s being said about 808 is only smack. Standing behind their work is the mark of a good breeder. We will find out the truth and document it for all to find and know

9 Likes

So I’ve been thinking of the road map lately, And what I am thinking of going for is this :

Xmas X Tampa Crippy
Xmas x Tampa Crippy X PTK (OR Krippy Kush when I get my replacements, and this time I decided to get 10)
Xmas x Tampa Crippy x PTK X Pine Haze
Xmas x Tampa Crippy x PTK x Pine Haze BX Tampa Crippy
Xmas x Tampa Crippy x PTK x Pine Haze ( BX Tampa Crippy twice)
(Tampa Crippy for a final BX)

Share thoughts. I truly get insight and ideas from each who decide to post about this long held wish all of us want for that intense pine profile, and I’m hoping all my heightened senses get us there. That is my gift as an autistic person, which makes this all the more unique.

By the end of Oct we should have a good idea how Xmas and Tampa Crippy are shaping up, and a few others PTK. Until number is cut from crop, then I’ll get most prepped to kick it in full gear and expand into the project exclusively after the new year. With a large supply from my crop, I can concentrate here for a good amount of time and have smaller crops to keep it up while I continue the work forward. This clearly will be an evolving thread through each cycle to the goal, but I hope this one clears the air once and for all!

12 Likes

Well you certainly have a very ambitious road map. I think you should have the PTK and Krippy Kush in this and not just one or the other. That hybrid would have strong Kush genetics that would tone down the Haze attributes from the Pine Haze. I am guessing you would prefer a finished end product that was more Kush then Haze.

2 Likes

@darkillusion Actually I think you may be right. More and more I’m inclined to believe it’s of Kush lineage, and the Krippy Kush has the OG phenos combined. I think you answered why I decided to spring for 5 more, it’s that mix of OG Kush x Florida OG x Fire OG xTrue OG. I’m actually smoking some Scarface OG I just picked up, and it’s got notes, but mostly woody, citrusy spice. I am picking up that cooler texture I’ve mentioned w Crip. I would want Pine Haze to pass more pinene (supposed to be very piney only 2 weeks in) and balance out heavier sedated aspects of potency to be functional. Well just gotta wait to get fresh seed. The seed bank agreed w me and requesting a fresh lot be sent from Purple Caper

6 Likes

I look forward to seeing how this works out. I am not completely sold on it being of true Kush lineage, yet. I think Kush was added in later to stabilize the strain.

3 Likes

10 days later…

We have this

This is the fem Tampa Crippy

I’m officially calling this a runt. I’ve got to be honest, in the past I didn’t see runt seedlings. Growth varied, but didn’t get weak runts like this. I’m close to culling. Giving it a bit more to get it’s act together, but if not, I’ve got another ready. It’s shot up like a rocket, a bit tall even after filling the top in. It’s not flimsy

Next we have something better looking…

This is the regular Tampa Crippy

To me this is passable either male or female. Would it be my first choice ? No, but so far it’s doing great. No issues

Now for the BEST…

Now this one has got “I’m a born star” written all over it. I am impressed w this one, and IF it happen to be male this is what I would use, Providing the growth stays consistent where it is now. I will already go on a limb to say it is female. To me this is indicative of a female growth

Next we have Xmas bud

This one is a problem child. Mg treatments don’t work. Adding lime hasn’t helped , even higher doses of Mg aren’t correcting. It may be vegged enough to get sex and throw into flowering w the clone crop if it is female. I would decline using this one if it was male

Next we have a better one. No issues yet, though the Mg could rear later. I’m satisfied here, even though it’s got some deformed jagged tips

Yup you guessed it, the next is the BEST of 3…

Like the 3rd Crippy, this also has my eye for potential IF it stays like it is. We shall see in due time

Now for the up close of one first true leaves

Let’s discuss this. As these Crippies have grown, I’ve gotten the first impression, especially w the spearmint shape it’s Northern Lights lineage. Now I’ve heard talk about it being a phenotype of NL in other forums. Weigh in, what do you think that leaf resembles ?

Next I have a mystery…

I’ve asked for something as close to the parentage as possible, so we’ll see. I told him I’ll be showcasing his line, so it’s on him for the best representation of his claim. Whoever it is, will be deemed the rightful claimant/‘s of the Crippy title

Well that’s all for now. I think I’ll wait til the end of Oct and update then to see more noticeable improvements

12 Likes

Plants are looking good, making me look forward to when I run my Tampa Crippy IX seeds. Hopefully the other Crippy is just a late bloomer.

3 Likes

Yeah the thought of ‘late bloomer’ came to mind there so I’ll let it go to 4 weeks, but got to let it go if not. If it hasn’t reached its potential by then, it just wasn’t there to begin w inside the seed’s genetic code

3 Likes

Just tagged into this, great project! Watching this thread now, you’re stuck with me!

7 Likes

@Qtip Thanks, yes it’s time line the suspects up and find out who’s real, along w the building blocks to fingering strong pinene traits to BX a Crippy phenotype. Anyway, welcome. We have the pre- show before the main is show ready to start shortly after the new year :wink:

6 Likes

Here we go, look at what just arrived

16 Likes

Day 23

An overview of the seedling/secondary grow box :

26 gall tote
2 97 w 4 head led
6” clip on fan
800 ppm Spartan NFTG nutes
2 gall grow bags rolled down to 1/2 gall size

Here’s the runt, and it hasn’t gotten much better nearing maturity. Still, I’ll see if being under the big light makes it bigger. I may just let it go all the way and get the worlds tiniest cola :joy: Though there may not be space once the hydro system is in, so I’ll have to wait or just cull it

So last time I showed you a leeggyy new Tampa Krippy seedling. Well I’ve never had to do what I had to deal with this seedling 3 times. I had to dig the root ball out and put it further down in the cup a first time, then a second, this time to cover the elongated stem up to make it the new tap root and a 3rd to about 1/4 gall grow bag, and well it’s as tall as the near mature plants now. Has weirder leaves too. I’m not sure, it takes up space when another better seedling (hopefully) could be started. I’m trying to see if the stretch stops and grows better structure before deciding to pull it

Now we move on to the one Xmas that couldn’t have enough Mg. Well it has what it wants w 5.5% What I’m using is double and triple normal Cal-mags 1.2-1.5% GH and Botanicare. I spray it several times a day, and it’s turned around. I also think the water Ph was too low on my part, but growing is about adjustments throughout

Short nodes :+1:

Now we move on to the 4 best plants

The 2nd Xmas bud

I have to say this one has given me no problems at all. It just hums along. Showing more uniformity. Nice structure

Now to our last one, which I still think is the better one

It’s not the nodes here, it’s the girth of the stem I see. Thicker than the other two. When I called the potential on Chocolate Haze C it too had a girthy stem. It responds well to hull crushing too. I think we will see this one as the bigger plant later

Now on to the 2 Tampa Crippy

Haven’t had any problems here either. It likes everything I do in routine. I wouldn’t quibble if it’s a male and would most likely choose it. Decent structure. This far outweighs the runt and leggy seedling I’m seeing, so I’ll factor it’s strong and hardy to be used. As long as there isn’t too much stretch if female Id grow a clone out to see the results, but I believe I have better

And now we have our BEST, BIGGEST and STRONGEST plant of the bunch

Now we have the full fan leaf to see…

Stem is girthy. Even the stretch is minimal. I believe the way this plant is growing it’s female. It has all hallmark characteristics of one, but if it is male, it is gotta be a stud caliber. If a plant fools me thinking it’s female all the way until maturity I believe that’s a good thing. Other than actual sex it mimics all the good traits of a female, and I’m sure this goes for the the banana patches. Either way I see this one as the real find. It’s got some cloning branches already, so I may get eager to find out once the cloner is done rooting my last 4-5 so I can start flowering the clone crop and these can move into the 2.5x2.5 to be ready to use after the new year. Once I find out who’s the best to self of my other strains, I’ll be ready to start the other strains

However Crippy Kush may not be part of this project unfortunately. The replacement order was seized. I am hoping for another replacement but I don’t know. May just have to move on without that. Even though I’d like to have it for OG lineage and purportedly very good male stock, I’ve got enough w Corn, PTK and a Pinetree Haze to combine for SOMETHING pine worthy I would think :grin:

8 Likes

Tampa Crippy XI (sunshinestateseed.co)

And I was right. This is indeed the female Crippy. Seems like my luck of female/male ratio keeps going on…

16 Likes

:thinking: 100% again ?! Either I am a damned good grower OR have incredible luck picking seed or it’s a combination. Maybe I need to look at treating a plant instead at this rate to get a male. If I was just doing stash I’d be tickled like a pig rolling in shit, but LOL :joy: wanting a male…unreal!

Scratch that 100%…50% now.

3 Xmas male
2 Tampa Crippy female 1 runt

14 Likes