Danny Terpentine's Private Oasis

I’m back in the drivers seat and may I say it’s amazing to be growing again! :pray:

So I was kind of forced to get rid of 99% of my equipment a few months back. Starting up again with about less than a 1/4 of the size I had before I left. To be honest I’m just glad to be growing again!

I wanted to keep this one super simple. Minimal work is the goal with this run. :innocent: (Coming from a hydro and coco setup, that shouldn’t be too hard!)

The breakdown;
4x4 Mars Hydro @MarsHydro
6" Ac Infinity Cloudline w/. Controller
Mountain Air Filters 6"x40"
HLG 300L R-Spec X2 (570W total)
Pure Life - Living Organic Soil

Why bagged soil? I just wanted to keep things suppperrr simple for this first run back. Next run I plan to run my own soil.

It’s my first time using every brand up there (except for the HLG LEDS - those guys are my go to)! I had the 550 V2 R-specs before (And 650Rs), so I figured the 300L R-Spec would be sufficient enough, especially at the price I got them. If I upgrade lighting down the road, the 300s dimmed down are great little veg lights for starter cups/clones.

Wheww… with that out of the way you’re probably wondering what I’m growing?!

I dropped 10 Black Lime Bubba x Mac Stompers. I am hoping to get some black salt + lime + orange terps from these. I only had 10, so I may just end up f2’ing them to see if I can find those terps in a bigger selection. (The BLB mother was very potent with good medicinal benefits and tastes like a strong black salt and lime.)

I also threw down 10 Moonwalker Og x UBC Chemo seeds. The moonwalker I paid big bucks for at an auction and managed to get a couple to live (it was an old pack labeled as “questionable viability”). The moonwalker mother kind of ended up a little under the canopy and I could have taken her another 7-10 days easily, but the entire room had to come down so did she. The chemo is from woodhorse… because why not add more medicinal benefits to an already highly medicinal strain?!

Here’s the Moonwalker Og mother. She packs a freaking punch… the type of smoke where you take your first toke and know damn… I’m going to be stoned by the end of this joint. Strong body high but also light in your legs.

Moonwalker Og x UBC Chemo Seeds.

Bubba Kush

…and everything else :slight_smile:

62 Likes

I will be the first person to sit down here and watch your amazing progress of this journey! :smiley:

8 Likes

Glad to see yah back in action bro !

6 Likes
5 Likes

Solid plan, solid equipment, solid genetics :+1:
giphy

8 Likes

Good plan at @DannyTerpintine I’ll stick around and see what’s growing :+1:

4 Likes

if your growing im here. nice to have you back and making more fire. that medicinal mw X ubc sounds like a winner. hope the shut down wasnt something to serious and your good to go now stress free

3 Likes

Hell yeah @DannyTerpintine back in the driver’s seat!!! :partying_face: !

Seat taken! :wink:

5 Likes

appreciate all the love guys! Thanks for joining me on my adventures! :slight_smile: :pray: :green_heart:

5 Likes

I’m pulling up my seat. Great to have you back.

2 Likes

Cool. Glad to see you back at it.

3 Likes

Still room in the front row?

Looking forward to following the journey.

3 Likes

Welcome back bro! Glad to see you back and doing what you love again.

1 Like

:+1: I am all in for the show :clap::sunglasses:

1 Like

You can amend your soil simply by topdressing and keep it going endlessly, no need to remix it after every run.

Has been working fine for me for almost 2 years.
Add kitchenscraps, grass clippings, tree leaves, nettle, dandelion, thistle, … etc.
The more diversity the better! That’s all the minerals and nitrogen you’ll ever need, add some red wriggler worms and you’re set!
I use a container instead of a saucer and have lots of pillbugs in my soil (they can’t climb the plastic), they help breakdown the mulch and add a bit extra nitrogen. :+1:

Companion plants help regulate moisture.

May your oasis be one of joyful abundance and easy breezy in maintenance!

5 Likes

Yup. In for the ride.

1 Like

Good to see you back.

1 Like

Thanks for all the love! :hugs: :green_heart:

I transplanted them into 1 gals shortly after the pics above. I think they were in the 1 gals for about a week… around 3 weeks from seed in the pics below.

I will finish in 1 gals. I am going to push them as long as I can in the 1 gals until I can get one or two half decent clones off each. Then I will clean them up, let them recover, and flip.

pic dump :slight_smile:

![double take (og kush x bubba kush)|263x500
(upload://m3BUuqUDteheMDGD0NgRT976l1p.jpeg)

25 Likes

Some more pics [image]

Around 4 weeks here. Took some clones, cleaned up everything. Will let them recover for a bit then flip to flower.

Having spent the last I don’t know 5-6 years deep diving in hydro and soilless mediums, I’m kind of just getting the hang of the whole living soil thing. I have to say, I have a pretty good idea on what needs to change for next run already…

1. Soil too hot for seedlings right out the gate
  2. Pot not big enough to sustain plant growth long enough
    (so too hot early on, but not hot enough later in veg.)
    While I’ll be making my own soil, it does give me a good guideline of what and how much the plants want at any given time.

So far, I’ve picked out one Black Lime Bubba x Mac Stomper Male (for structure, and a nice strong lime terp). I’ve also picked out an amaze-balls Moonwalker Og x UBC Chemo male (very nice terps that I can tell will translate well to the smoke. It’s almost like this grape, kerosene, purple kush, og, spray paint kind of vibe.) There’s two nice moonwalker x chemo females I’ve found with similar terps. Should be a good match.

a couple more of where things stand now.

whole tent

24 Likes

Neat setup brother. :ok_hand:t3::grin:
I’m gonna ride along.
Buckled up for an exciting adventure…:blush::herb:

2 Likes