Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

Very cool. I’m gonna try that with my next one

Got this coming off in the next few days! Very exited

17 Likes

Day 9/3

Hand watering bit by bit right now, as soon as im needing to water more than once a day then im getting the watering system hooked up.

Till then

Couple i’m gonna pull or that have a high likelihood they aren’t long for this world. But ill let you guess which ones, new seedlings too.

Also have these going, may have already mixed them up but two cream mandarins and two Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose from @ReikoX , these will be going in bigger pots and run under the reduced 3 bar setup that i just made some center panels for quickly, the goal is to see what they can do under 70w, they may die during a holiday trip, but reason im doing this is for my own sake as a comparison because i was offered some new lights to try out “HydroGrowLeds XB70’s” and want to get a comparison in for myself first, will have to make up a removable or movable white light for photos as these new lights will be “burple” styled ones well should say “pinkish” but you know ones that somewhat match the photosynthetic response on plants. If they work they work, only one way to find out…

oh and have this sorry Sour crinkle still going, its been and being sprayed with CS, also had a fungus gnat batch that hatched sue to me trying to drown it with auto watering and not setting it up properly.

Unsure what im gonna do with it.

20 Likes

That is a shame. Always a pleasure reading and watching your grows Mr.Sparkle. What do you do to get rid of and control fungus gnats?

2 Likes

Meh its whatever, i typically live with them, but i usually let the plants run on the drier side and kill any flyers, saying that haven’t seen any since the hatch that went on.

2 Likes

Pull a Pedro and gas em!! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Day 11/5/1

So still hand watering but, its almost time to switch over to watering systems, will have to make a couple reductions in order to make it work.

Currently im watering around 1.2-1.4 ec wise which is heavy on the start, but im not concerned with build up due to my watering frequency, and once we start going with the watering systems i’ll be forcing change over, so it will balance out to whatever im giving the plants and whatever they are eating.

But couple of changes and new things, first picked up a new ppm/ec meter as mine even though still working was due for a replacement, so picked up a HM digital Com-80 as my previous cheap tds-ez lasted a long time for the price. Next also reduced my second light down to a 3 bar setup, currently both are running at around 71-72 watts from the wall each. Also redid my center reflector panels i just made, even though they would of worked and would of been fine heat resistance wise, straight aluminum is just better.

The Sour Crinkle is looking haggard, but its days are numbered, either it gives me pollen or it frees some space, which one comes first that’s not decided yet but i expect it to be the latter.

Also the top little seedling on the left side had a mishap yesterday, its probably gonna stutter or die. Was putting up the new 3 bar array and when everything was done and hanging and the lights turned back on, that seedlign was missing…

Like straight up gone, pot was there, seedling was gone, total WTF moment, looked around and eventually found it on top of the light i just put in, it was just bare, no coco debris or anything just its tap root or part of it, how the heck it got up there no idea, but figured the heatsink snagged it when i was hanging the light. Anyways end of the tap root looked like it may of been broke off or was earlier, so i just replanted it and gave it a light watering to settle and give it the best chance of continuing, but we will have to see if it makes it.

As for the other side DAY 1 boo yeah, guess we will see how this turns out, only thing i want to do is bring over the usb fogger to help with the humidity a little, gonna try and be more cognizant of VPD within my normal ranges and tweaking it if i can.

17 Likes

Are those IKEA bins in the last pic?

3 Likes

Yes sir, kuggis storage bins I use them as my reservoirs when the lids are on and filled.

6 Likes

…Mirrored ceiling, track lighting, and waterbeds. Soooooo 1970s. :laughing:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Modern day dirk diggler :joy::joy:

7 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle thanks very much for everything. This is my first taste of Da Green. Beautiful looking bud :v:

23 Likes

Enjoy, just had my first live rosin vape of one “well trim” , a moment ago :cloud:

8 Likes

'Sho looks Da Purple… :joy: :purple_heart:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Day 13/7/3

14 Likes

Started a new thread , so head on over …

https://overgrow.com/t/closet-chronicles-growing-with-mr-sparkle/20944

10 Likes

My daughter has decided that she’d like to try her hand at growing a plant or two, and since she’s coming to visit for Mother’s Day today, I have set aside a couple of unused LED grow lights for her, and I’m going to give her the rest of my pack of Dark Sparks seeds to grow, and maybe one of the others I got from you as well (suggestions welcome).

I’m so stoked, lol.

Thanks again for the seeds, btw! They are being put to good use! :smile:

8 Likes

Those same seeds have gotten two ppl to become full time growers. I have passed them on twice. Great for starters and patio Gardners

5 Likes

I gave them to @RazAhTaz to grow and now she’s hooked lol

6 Likes

True story! Love those sparks!

6 Likes

I absolutely love storys like that!

My younger sons first plant. Pineapple Kush Auto. I know the feeling. Both boys growing now. Way kool.

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes