Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

we could discuss this in the new thread so this doesn’t get popped up to the top, but i use just a standard 1oz silver bar that i cut in two

2 Likes

Got everything all settled in over here

2 Likes

sweet thank you @toastyjakes

1 Like

I still don’t know which one this is, but whatever it is that I planted that day, I love it. I have been mostly ignoring the plant due to a number of reasons, but it seems to want to do well despite my neglect. Or perhaps because of it, lol.

It’s started to flower recently, and so far it smells very strongly like orange juice with a hint of lemon. The smell is captivating, I absolutely love it! It will be very interesting to see how that changes over time.

Thank you once again for giving me the chance to try my first auto, and my first ever plant that will (hopefully) finish outdoors here.

9 Likes

Day 64/21/1

Well they are kinda going, flowering plant is still fluffing up but not doing much bulk wise, it’s doing its own thing.

The small plants look like crap, but they have had some higher pH feed over the last bit due to it being recycled feed water and 2-3weeks old, didn’t really notice the issue as ive been occupied and well just couldn’t look into it once i saw it, though mt feed level may just be too low, it’s pH though so ill just be more cautious with recycled feed water from here on out.

And we have new seedlings, hooray.

edit: maybe i should include the pictures lol

16 Likes

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but what is the little vibrator looking thing in the mason jar?

2 Likes

I think it’s an ultrasonic fogger, but not positive.

2 Likes

yeah cheap $2 ultrasonic fogger, ordered them just a little while ago cause i was having low humidity issues, but that one in the above picture is just not on in the picture, as i currently having it running off one of the reservoir timers on i think a 8:2 on off minute loop.

Unfortunately these ones aren’t waterproof and ive killed 2 of the original 3 i bought. Specifically where the cord goes into the float it can move in and out of it easily and when it say gets splashed around accidentally or too badly water has gotten in… So will probably order a couple more but just dab some silicone around the wire to seal it up. and see if that will fix the issue.

5 Likes

No need to silicone it just a bottle of all purpose gorilla glue and seal it up with that, may require a couple applications toseal it completely…

Yehhh but silicones cheaper :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Or that i do have a bottle of the stuff, actually just broke apart the last one i broke cause were talking about it, yeah it was pretty drenched inside, dried it all out and tried it and it fired right up, so ill try and put it back together and seal it up, and black out the green led they have inside them as well its apart now, wasn’t concerned with it anyways but you know why not.

Here’s a pic of one running, should of but a dark background behind it for the picture but i didn’t.

10 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle do you find that the ultrasonic fogger helps to raise the humidity ??

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle I’m a proud poppa of one of your beautiful creations. I put 1 green and 1 D’S. 12 hrs later. Green popped first, straight to her grave in a 1gal pot. Well see how big I can get them!

2 Likes

It does, i just can’t have my circulation fan going as my extraction rate is high enough from my exhaust fan that once the air is all mixed up in the chamber it only raises it a few points, otherwise it works and raises it about 7-10% at plant level, and if in a tub like the picture above they are in the 70+% range when ambient would be 40-50%

My thought and testing of them right now, is i’m just trying to keep them in a happy range till they are big enough to create their own humidity. So more or less a bandaid fix till they are about 2 weeks in, which im fine with.

And if i need more humidity i can just add a second one ;).

7 Likes

It was time

Day 67

Wet weight was 342g from this last one, dried id estimate a standard 20-23% of that, but decided to throw half of it in the freezer, gonna order some bubble bags to make some live rosin hopefully.

25 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. I’m so glad I get to see this happen. Your growing that is. You are a jewel to have here. Your posts are clean and direct. Good role model really. You’ve got a hell of a niche. Good to see you getting fresh meds. Rock on. :metal:

I love the foxtailing. That’s just me. They just look stout.

4 Likes

Even clean when u trim Haha. I’d get surgery done in your grow space

8 Likes

Day 7/1

Did some cleanup and couple of changes. Couple of the lids the holes needed to be drilled slightly larger or chamfered to match the rest, and in the process i needed to rewire a pump just cause the cable hole was too small and i broke a wire taking out one of the pumps during my end of run breakdown, tweak, and clean. Also shortened the stand off tubes a little just to work with the pots a bit better and made them all the same height lol.

Also broke down the 5 bar light array on the left side and made it into a 3 bar with a determined width, reason being is i may do a comparison test in the future vs another light, so just jumping the gun on that as it wasn’t being used and i may be able to do a run with it now so i have a metric to go from for comparison sake’s when/if it gets replaced, currently both sides are running at around 68w a piece being 140w from the wall for everything except the extraction fan. Why 70w well that potential new light will be in that range, and seedlings don’t need to be blasted yet and the lights are close enough anyways.

Oh and weighed the dried bud i had well minus the stuff i threw in the freezer but was over 240grams, way more than i need, and the left hand plant just got hit with CS staring today, and the new seedlings are older Dark Devil “short” seeds i made a ways back, just wanting to see expressions.

12 Likes

Oh and to just show you the stem structure of that last plant, you can see where i had flopped then and was pretty harsh with breaking up there stems, but they just keep going so long as you don’t break them stem segments horizontally.

16 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. Gorgeous training and look at em twisting. Purple stems! Im beginning to see I can’t manage huge plants. I’m going smaller. Easier managed and super clean. Thanks for being a good mentor. I’m having trouble getting the D’S to jump. They’re popping, but the easy d seems to be outpacing the rest. Thanks bro.
-J

4 Likes