Dequilo's 2021 grow some indoor fun:) closed 3/32021

We all have demons my friend. I’m glad we are all overcoming them and not giving in to them.

8 Likes

And that will be the grow room. “Bed? I sleep in the closet.” Lol

4 Likes

Hahaha, the floor or closet, the room square footage precious grow space :sob::rofl:

2 Likes

it is :slight_smile: taxes are low so we will have a home forever

4 Likes

What a guy!

2 Likes

Looking good man! Can’t wait to see what 2021 brings!!

2 Likes

@piccolo thank you for stopping in My Friend and riding along :slight_smile:

check out my outside thread as it should be wild as I love to grow outside

and have always believed in my heart of hearts

From the day I joined OG back in 01/2001 it is my duty to Over Grow The World

so I will work at it outside :wink:

Thanks all for stopping by as I love to post photos of the weed and talk shop

I am not sure what I have planned (go figure) for my inside room over the summer

I think I might try to get all my plants outside by the end of April I can fill the room

with about 50 plants in 3 or 5 gallon pots and do a flower run on the way out

I was thinking about covering the 8 x 16 foot space with 3 - 1000 watt and 4 - 600 watt lights

which will give me 5400- 6000 watts and shoot for around 6000 grams

but I will smoke a shit load of weed and eat capsules

of course than everything will change as I love to change streams in the middle of a horse :wink:

@piccolo thanks the plants are starting to look better good light, good soil and not too

much water

and the weed grows

but I could maybe use the room for males after a flower run I want to learn how

to collect and save pollen to make beans

I need to learn more about STS to make female beans and need a better understanding of

how the whole sister x sister cross thing work on the genetic level

my dear wife think I am a nut buying beans and that could be true as I do have some head

problems

but if you look at what I am buying and what I am looking at, I am working at keeping

what I like, what grows well for me in how I grow, give me the stone I am looking for

because if we do not hold on to our genetics they will be owned by someone other than us

look at Soy, Corn, Sugar Beets all GMO and owned by not us

will make and fill my freezers full of beans and pass out as many as I can to as many people

around the world if we all have and make beans

then the Monsanto, ADM, CarGill, etc. can go fuck themselves

remember they destroyed the Canola Farmer in Canada and the Soy Farmer in Indiana

as the courts are for them and surely not us

I need to cut clones but I did hit my plants hard with some Jack’s 20-20-20 to get them

going but a well feed clone will root slow I have found

a hungry mothers cuts root faster for me so I need at the least a watering or two with

plain water

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

10 Likes

OVERGROW THE WORLD! Hehehehe. What is some decent soil for the outside? For that large of a grow. I can get away with 4 to 5, 5gal. Buckets of some FoxFarm. I have been forced to resort to Miracle-Gro. I know its taboo around here but 10 bucks for a big bag is a steal compared to $40 for FF. I’ve also wondered if there were popular alternatives to soil for the out door grow. Lugging around all that soil around the forest is not fun. I read one of our Australian growers was using a type of drip feeder. Anyone know anything about that? I

2 Likes

Pro mix buddy bails for around 20

3 Likes

@LilJonB inside I do not use soil I use soil-less :wink: no soil

outside I use what The Great Creator has given use to work with :slight_smile:

I do have horse and about 23 years of crapping my hardpan/clay soil has become

better

I am with @OleReynard Pro-Mix at the wholesaler in 3.8 cu ft compressed was

maybe 34 bucks but I went with Lamberts mix as I needed a change from my seed

killing ways

starting to feel like John Wayne Gacy

I for one think must of the shit will pretty pictures on the bag and big buds on the bottles

are snake oil at best

I have used Peters/Jacks forever in every greenhouse, nursery what have you I worked in

buy it in a 25 pound bag and it is inexpensive it goes a long a way

as to soil outside do not drag shit to the woods look around there is soil everywhere

and if you feed with chemical/salt fertilizers or what you like

the soil is holding the plant up the fertilizer is feeding the plants needs

think Hempys the perlite and vermiculite is just like the soil holding the plant up

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

10 Likes

I use 2 different pro mixes.
The orange bag i use for pups, hardly any nutes.
The w/mycos veg and flower

4 Likes

@OleReynard I went with Lamberts GPS (Germination Plugs Seedlings) mix for a change

It appears to be work very good it is nice and fine small perlite hold water well but drys out

also

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

I know your a hydro man💧. You and @Chronickyle explained the whole passive hempy pots to me. Most of the places I’ve grown outdoors there would only be 6 inches of decent soil. Any lower then that its like clay. My plants always end up being around 2ft. I’m going to try to find those drip feeders.

2 Likes

dig a 3 foot by 3 foot deep hole and fill it with the six inches of soil around you :slight_smile:

how many are you growing outside? for the head or bucks? back in a day I was

a cash cropper and grow outside

I would drive around the Adirondack State Park and put out 300 or so plants

come back in the fall on get what you get

if you take care of them you do not need that many :wink: maybe you do

if you want to you could dig a hole and mix in some peat moss and a few other

soil builds and be fine

keep working the same place year after year and it gets better

but if it is not your land the ripper will get you

be safe and be free

Dequilo

@LilJonB not even close to being a Hydro Guy :wink: Hempys are for the hydro challenged

and soil-less is so forgiving

8 Likes

Nonsense. If I can do it so can you. But I couldn’t personally see myself doing 30+ plants in DWC without some automated help. And a RO filter. The only thing that scares me with passive is the possibility of build up of salts and stuff like that. DWC if you have a problem I feel like all you have to do is just drain your reservoir and fill it back up with the necessary adjustments.
I sell most of what I grow to family and friends. I was tired of being a middle man. I grow them really good grass. For better prices. I gotta say I give alot of it away. I just love the satisfaction of knowing that people love my green. I smoke but not like I used to. I’m searching around for that special strain to help with my depression and anxiety. Sometimes smoking can make it worse. So I micro dose mostly for the time being.
300 plants :smiley: thats nuts! I’ve heard of it being done. But I feel like what you said about taking more care of less plants you get more, then a whole bunch you couldn’t necessarily handle. That and its easier for someone to spot a larger plot. I usually do 2 plants per hole. I’m playing around with a idea of just turning the soil so the roots can grow easier. Then just feeding them. I seen people burying a soda bottle with pin holes throughout the bottle next to the plant and filling it with water. Im thinking I can do the same with a nute mix. Screw the top back to regulat the drip. I’m gonna have to play with it to see what issues might arise.

3 Likes

I was worried about salt buildup and ph swing as well. Aside from the drain on the side of my hempys that’s 2 inch up. There’s also a small plug that I have installed on the side just above the bottom so I can pull the plug and drain it completely if need be. Usually by pouring extra water in it though and having 10 - 15 percent come out the higher tube I have not had an issue. I regularly take reading as well of the water that comes out of the drain when watering so I know what’s going on inside so I can watch it Ec is rising or of my ph is doing something weird.

2 Likes

Yeah I read in yours that the top drain was to keep the salt build up in check if I’m not mistaken. I’m still looking forward to giving it a go. I can see how it’s safer incase of pump failure in DWC. With DWC you can just remove some water until you’re pump is back up and running and occasionally water from the top if need be. Have you ran into common issues with the passive system?

@LilJonB I am sure that if I wanted to work I could :slight_smile: but that is not for me

growing is fun working I get paid to do as it is not fun :frowning:

The Hempy Buckets are painless I use a 1/4 teaspoon of Jacks 20-20-20 to

two gallon of water for three watering on the fourth plain water with a good run off

and no worries never check PH or TDS or EC

I have not had a problem but I do have a very good Milwaukee meter

know how and why to check it

I have always wanted to do a couple of 4 foot by 8 foot flood and drain tables

more than likely I would drain to waste

I have seen many good grows from days of old doing NFT (Nutrient Film Technique)

I seen it done in sewer pipe, rain gutters, etc.

in the end what we do growing is what works for us for the amount of work we want to

do to get the outcome we are looking for

I am going thru a shit ton of plants to find the one for me and that will grow outside here

we have very wet falls and Hard Budded Indicas are hard to work with outside here

but a long flower Sativa is not going to work with Frost Sept 10 -14

that is why I am looking at older BC strains their fall and mine are closer

and the stuff from the Netherlands

the C99 mix the Durban Mix I will be working to find a great male from each

I need to get working at this I had a Big Bid x Skunk 1 I made and grew for at the least 10 -12 years

I could grow it in my sleep and it stoned me to the bone everyday

but had to stop growing for 3 years :frowning:

oh well back to growing

Dequilo

7 Likes

I can’t wait for the day I can get a job in a nursery. Preferably with people that has the same appreciation for the plant that we do here. In the meantime I’m just soaking up as much information as possible. It’s really not about the money. The money is just a bonus.
I grew Big Buds from Nirvana back 15 years ago. It was my first successful grow. I have to say I was impressed. I would like to cross it with something purely because of the yield.
My goal is to eventually work my way up to the NFT technique.

3 Likes

Don’t know if this strain would work in your area or not but I have had a lot of success with serious 6 from serious seeds. Does great outside, was developed for Holland outdoors, usually finishes for me by September 21 at the latest. Very unique smell and about half of the plants will have beautiful pink/red pistils.

If your in Canada I do have some extra fem seeds that I made from it.