Dequilo's 2021 grow some indoor fun:) closed 3/32021

NFT is a neat way to grow I believe Heath Robinson did it in his tunnel grow

or maybe in a Colosseum grow he did

so many grows, so many years, so many strains

for the price 15 -20 years ago Nirvana Seeds were a safe bet

you would get them and they would grow well with the F1 vigor you want the real ones

you buy it from whomever made it

I grew their Big Bud it was good I used a BC Big Bud from BC for the cross and the

Skunk # 1 came from Sam

but I have beans to burn thru looking because that is what it takes

we all go ape shit over GG#4 it was a pick out of 500 so they say popping a female bean or two

is not going to lead you to a keeper you need plants to pick thru takes time

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

OK so after reading the title indoors :slight_smile: no hole digging inside or hole sawing drains

but we will be cloning soon and 30 days or so more beans in the soil-less

@Chronickyle thanks for the offer I am in the states :frowning:

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

Hello! Long time listener first time caller. :rofl:

I really enjoy following along.

Your wife seems awesome! I was going to say lol, she tolerates you buying seeds in turn she doesnt trim.

My wife doesnt smoke but when she is home she will help me with my plants. She told me she wont touch trimming though lol. We would love to have a business where we could work together.

Would love to have a space like yours. Have you thought about trying an area with smaller pots but more plants? I wanted to try it this last run but failed. Next time I am going to try flipping alot sooner and maybe flower a plant in a 1g pot to see how big it gets. My problem is there are alot of strains that I just cant smoke. Dont want to grow alot of weed I cant smoke lol.

I was wondering how you go about staking your plants? I need to do this but never done it.

4 Likes

I apologize for stepping on your post. I got carried away🤷.

4 Likes

I have one and I cant even use it right now in my 4x8 with another 750W HPS . It runs super hot. Granted, I didnt pay full price for it, but still a reasonable chunk of change just hanging right now not yielding me lbs. Still working on a solution to be able to use it. If I could go back, I’d stick with 1000W HPS and ballasts. Simple, cheap, effective. Excellent thread btw
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

no worries it is my bad it is hard for me to run two threads :frowning: at once

that is why I do not post on more than one forum at a time it is too much work

and you my friend are always welcome to post whatever where ever in a thread of mine

as it is good to read your posts

help everyone to learn the post was more to me as I had a long winded outside grow post

going into my inside grow thread

it could be the drugs :wink:

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

PS I did cut a drain hole in a first floor bedroom so I could put in a drain in

My Wife flipped the fuck out it was not good but after reminding her that I own this

property solely and bought it with a pound of My Flesh and I go to work every day

and they pay me lots of money :slight_smile:

she thought dropping it was the best thing

5 Likes

she never really looks at what I do with the weed and growing as someone needs to stay on the

bricks if bad shit happens and it surely could

this is New York and growing is frowned upon or so I have been told :slight_smile:

as far as seeds go I am cheap I can kill a buck bean seeds just as easy as killing

10 dollar a seed beans just hurts more :frowning:

it did not happen until I started back up inside I said I would build a room to grow in

not grow in my living space

it is the best thing I have ever done so nice to have a space that is to just grow and only grow

I need to build an addition of 8 by 16 feet so I can have an 8 X 8 flower space

I am building an LED array to do shelf of 2 foot by 4 foot filled with 6 inch square pot

and clones to do different things to smoke

if you have that problem let me know I will be here to help with a

safe address :wink:

I use 4 foot fiberglass post from the farm store they last forever

I used 4 foot page wire an made cages for the hedge

be safe and all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes

That is why I stick with what I have I should dig out my 400s

the 1000 watt in the end the best light dollar for dollar you can get all kinds of bulbs

all kind of K values

600s are good but they are all Horticultural lights and you pay for that

I would like some day to buy/build the perfect light for me and my space

I do have an LED build I will do some day soon

all the best and thank you for your kind words

Dequilo

6 Likes

Thanks buddy! I really appreciate your cultivation knowledge. It can be easy to run off topic at times. So much stuff to learn.

4 Likes

i have so much in common with everything you just said… verbatim…

3 Likes

@tc198414 like we are both head cases :wink:

3 Likes

Ahummm the Petrolia, who from stud?

2 Likes

Lmao! I knew I liked you for a reason! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the bio.
:male_detective:
:speech_balloon:
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Thanks for the Sharing…lessons …and info.

Newbe lots to learn. I’m am old dog though… ( w lot’s of garden exp ).

I c there r lots of old timers with lots to share.

2 Likes

ask questions someone will know the answer and be glad to help out

we all started some wheres :slight_smile:

I did a shit load of pot growing outside and moved inside around 2000 after stopping for

a few years

I thought growing inside would be a walk in the park I had grown all kinds of Exotics

on a windows sills all over the US of A

how wrong could I have been thank god for a old member that took fuckin pity on me

told me the board I was posting on was the wrong one for me

and sent me to the first OG and I was on my way

I polluted threads with stupid ass questions that had been asked and answer a thousand times

had no clue where or how to use the search feature

but Growers help me by answer my questions giving me links of stuff to read

threads to read thru and I learned to grow inside

once you get it setup right it is not that hard as it is just growing under lights

gallery_164_91_2925

a 4 foot by 8 foot by 8 foot tall box with 3 - 400 watt industrial high bay warehouse lights

BC Big Bud seeds from the BC Boys

Skunk #1 seeds from Sam

hall closet

I did love that hood with a 400 watt light you could lots and lots of weed

a back porch

I need to did out my 400 watt lights

and forgive the opengrow water mark these are OG from 2003 ish

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

22 Likes

got a ?
Has anybody experimented with a shorter growing cycle .
like 3/1…6/2… 9/3. …(.seems roots need darkness )
vegged under 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness

Below is recommended

LIGHTING DURING THE VEGETATIVE PHASE
The cannabis grow cycle features two distinct phases: the [ vegetative phase ] and the [ flowering phase ]. Manipulating the [ light cycle ]. ( during both of these phases can result in a faster pace of growth. During the vegetative phase (when plants feature only fan leaves and have not started to bloom), indoor plants are usually vegged under 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness per day to provide the best conditions

However, by providing 24 hours of light per day, you will force your plants to remain in an anabolic state (the process of converting smaller molecules into larger molecules). This is because they will be photosynthesising around the clock and constantly using light, CO₂, and water to create glucose as an energy source to fuel growth.

2 Likes

I run lights at night and give them darkness during the day

they must think they are south America

be safe

Dequilo

8 Likes

Hahahahaha, thanks @dequilo - suddenly mu hubby is on board with the200-500$ range mav glass. Lolol. :joy::rofl::laughing::crazy_face:

5 Likes

Plants can only absorb around 19 hours of light a day the rest is waisted energy.
On a different note how are your nugs so close to the light with out burning ,:thinking:

6 Likes