Desert Snow CBG

Doing good! I fed her some recharge and a tad of fish emulsion two nights ago. If I think of it, I will take a pic tonight. Like I said earlier, she is certainly an indica. Leaves are fat! Glad you got some before they stopped selling!

3 Likes

I grew out a packet of Desert Snow from CBD Hemp Direct, had them chemotyped, and trashed them all. Sad to say but none of them were CBG. All were CBD plants with ratios ranging from 16:1 - 26:1. Mostly all were already hot when sampled in week 7. Had a poor aroma and even worse structure. 0.242% CBGa was the highest of the Desert Snow lot, some of the H5 CBG I had growing in the same tent tested over 18% CBGa, with only .15% total THC.

10 Likes

Thanks for letting us know your experience with them - welcome to OverGrow!

4 Likes

Desert Snow plants starting to cue up for flower.

ds1

12 Likes

Wow!! They look fantastic!

2 Likes

awesome, do you plan on having them tested after you grow them out to see the cbg levels?

1 Like

Many thanks! These are getting serious LIFTA. I did mix a pretty nutrient dense soil b/c I knew they were going to be outside in small pots (30 gallons).

Yes! I work for a care provider, so everything gets tested. I’ll try to remember to report back when I get the test results, but it probably won’t be till Nov.

7 Likes

awesome, yes please do. As I mentioned, I have some of these seeds, and am curious to see if they live up to the hype. I know that @Cactus_and_Cannabis mentioned that he had it tested and it was bunk, though it is interesting to note that this is the one and only post that he has made on this site also, so I am interested in hearing your report also, since they seem to be healthy nice looking plants.

4 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: nice plants you got going I predict those are gonna be some heavy girls

2 Likes

I will definitely report back. Didn’t realize that guy only had one post lol. We will keep cuts from each mother plant, and have them tested individually. This will be a cultivar that obviously gets selected strictly on test scores.

Thank you! These are the little girls. :wink: We’re growing them out to see how quickly they cue into flower, cbg percentages, etc. Then we have a couple of males we’re going to pollinate them with. Seeds and clones for next year. :v:

5 Likes

@PlantShepherd how are these Desert Snow CBG plants coming along?

2 Likes

Hey man! How goes it?! I need to take a more updated picture. This one is from Aug 23, and they have really started to develop buds since then. The narrow leaf pheno is stretching a lot, and flowering quickly. While the more broad leaf one is well behind on flowering. One plant hasn’t even started flowering yet. I might chop her tomorrow as there is no say she’ll finish before the end of the season.

:v:

10 Likes

wow nice plants! I am anxious to hear how they test out

4 Likes

Ooooh boy, if that was them a month ago I’m betting they’re monsters today.

4 Likes

Thank you! Going to be a bit before they get tested, but I’ll let you know what kinda results we get. It’s getting into the 30’s here, so the Desert Snows were moved into the breezeway of one of the greenhouses.

Honestly, they’ve really been neglected, but I think they are doing ok. Really odd bud structure imo. :v:

ds1

8 Likes

@PlantShepherd have you harvested those plants yet? sorry to keep bugging you about these, I am just very curious about these. I managed to snag a few before they stopped selling them, and would love to grow some good CBG bud for medicinal purposes if that’s how it tests out. I have read that harvest time is crucial to high CBG strains, but have no first-hand knowledge of any of that.

2 Likes

It’s all good! You’re not bugging me. They have not been harvested yet. I’m guessing it will be in the next week or so. Temps are going to drop really low here by the end of next week. Then it will probably take a couple weeks before they get tested and then I’m not sure how long it takes to get testing results back. Once they get harvested it’s pretty much out of my hands, but I’m going to be asking about this one. I have heard the same thing about harvest time and CBG. We really just used them for seed mothers. So not we’re not especially concerned with optimal harvest time, especially with all the other stuff we have going on. But you’re totally right. It would be interesting to know how harvest time effects cbg percentages. :v:

2 Likes

@PlantShepherd any news on the Desert Snow?

3 Likes

Sorry, forgot to respond to this. I asked at work, and the desert snow is still in line to be trimmed. It won’t get tested until after the trim. :v:

3 Likes

wow you must be psychic, I had pulled this thread up earlier to see if you had replied, and then you replied a short while later. Thanks for the update.

2 Likes