Did my first run in my home freeze dryer came out awesome

Make sure their small pieces though, or the center will be melted a gooey while the outside is freezdried. King of random did it with ice cream sandwiches and the center wasn’t done unless they cut it in half.

3 Likes

its all about the cleaning of the machine after each run build up of food oils and things trapped in the ice during moisture extraction is where you get the smells and contamination

4 Likes

i called the company i got the dryer from and they sent me the pharma software i downloaded it onto the machine and its all automatic after that you can tweek some of the paramiters for time and temp im curently testing the ranges by making small changes to the programing so we will see what happens

5 Likes

This is so cool!

Once I’m making money again (starting a business) I need one of these! Hopefully someone comes out with a cheaper and more reliable option in the meantime.

1 Like

I so badly want to try freeze dried sour skittles! :drooling_face:

@nygrower13 How much for a bag? :joy:

2 Likes

Hello…I’m brand new here. I’ve only been growing for a year.
We got a Harvest Right freeze dryer about 9 months ago. $2700 is expensive but we have enough freeze dried food for Armageddon.

As a side bonus I learned about freeze drying cannabis. Since I never smoked it before I grew it I don’t have a frame of reference. But every veteran smoker I’ve shared it with said it was awesome.

I’ve got some GSC going in tomorrow. They’re good and smelly.

P.S. Yeah, the Skittles are good. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

its all about the final dry time and how full your trays are

this is from one plant 91 grams 16 hours dry time and ready to roll and smoke

4 Likes

this is how it looks when you take it out

5 Likes

What are the benefits? Do you not smoke them, just eat them or something?

it dries the flower and makes it smoke able in 17 hours so no month long drying process after its dry you do what ever you want with it i smoke and make butter and tea but you can do what ever you choose

3 Likes

do you use the food software for just the food then switch to the pharme software for the weed

1 Like

Oh okay. So does it taste pretty bad since it hasn’t cured as long?