Dinafem Seeds

Anyone here of this breeder ? I have got some of Dinafem genetics some time ago - understand that they were shut down - criminal charges and convictions - (reason ?) Understand that some of dinafems people have open a new site called “Silent Seeds” just some FYI

4 Likes

I think they were charged with skimping on there taxes an they were stealing utilities such as electricity. HSO got in a little bit of trouble at the same time for about the same reason.

4 Likes

dinafem, had some good genetics, i used to talk to one of the reps about testing seed and what not, they are sttill around not sure if it is the same people as before, yes they were involved with not paying taxes from over sea orders and whatever else to avoid taxes, the government(spanish) shut the doors.
I know they have something to do with geist stuff and im sure they are involved with the silent seeds and probably few others. i ran a few of their strains before they where shut down and the ones i ran came out nice and smoked good ect, so i do not know about the newer seeds, hope that helps?

4 Likes

Dinafem has been around for like ~20 years… seen some decent stuff but i would avoid any Spanish bank/breeders these days.

11 Likes

I’ve grown a few of their offerings, bubba Kush was great! Dinachem is also a great one. I tend to stay away from Spanish breeders now as @HolyAngel advised just because there is such great genetics at hand and close by now.

3 Likes

I grew at least 5 different strains of theirs, and in general the final result matched the description from the breeder.

I had a lot of trouble with 1 of their strains herming like crazy, but all the others were solid.

I used to deal with their rep “Mark” and he was a solid dude. Hope he landed on his feet.

3 Likes

I’m not too familiar with the politics of Dinafem, but as a breeder they hold it down in my books. :pray:

2 Likes

Dinafem’s Sweet Deep Grapefruit was fantastic smoke. A Grapefruit (sativa) x Blueberry cross. (Basically a C99 dom. female x BB male.)
Uplifting stimulated happy mind w relaxed body.
Tasted like fresh grapefruit and canned peaches. Loved it 13 years ago when i used to buy seeds from EU and grew it for 3 years straight.

6 Likes

I remember browsing seedbanks like 20+ years ago when I discovered the original overgrow and seeing them, didn’t know they were still around, thought they went the way of nirvana seeds and some of the other budget legacy breeders.

1 Like

When I first started growing they where one of the first breeders I purchased!

It’s like 18 plus years ago now but I had no issues with their beans or the finish bud !

Now a days, I’m not sure , I’ve also heard things about the Spanish seed market and recently had a bad experience with a different Spanish breeder .

Best wishes
Paps

1 Like

They were relevant 15 years ago

2 Likes

I ran their gear about 7 or 8 years ago. Was fantastic. A few keepers per 10 pack, like top 10% in a lifetime.

3 Likes

Your description makes me sad! I had one Fem Sweet Deep Grapefruit and it didn’t pop. Was looking forward to that one.

3 Likes

had issues with “Tropical Seeds” very very poor seed “consealment” and after that got many PayPal attempts on account (suggest stay a way from. Reason I used them - couldn’t fine Ace’s gear except from them (tropical Seeds) what seeds gotten from Dinafem were OK

Gutted if they’ve been shut down, their Purple Orange CBD was my favourite strain :sob:
Makes snes why I havn’t been able to find it anywhere recently.

:v:

2 Likes

I’ve grown purple moby dick and cookies auto from Dinafem and they were bothe surprisingly awesome. The cookies auto really surprised me by how awesome it smelled and tasted. I was really happy with both.

I have another one of the Dinafem cookies running right now. You can see pics in my grow log :sunglasses::raised_hands::fire:

1 Like

Love em and all I grew they sold me.
Damn shame what happned

1 Like

I’m still holding Dinafem OG Kush and Blue Widow.

Never got a chance to try em.

1 Like

Dinafem is still listed on some seed banks - haven’t seen any “Silent Seeds” gear ’ Hope that someone from Dinafem will see this post and help us cultivators understand this —

Good news! Sweet Tooth 4 is a classic, more indica version of this strain. I used to smoke this many years ago. And it’s still available!

3 Likes